Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga Super-Thread warning post #4542

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Final games of the season coming up. Leverkusen vs Freiburg on Sky Sports Mix. Freiburg need to win and hope Leipzig lose to Arminia Bielefeld to get CL football. Sky's YouTube channel are showing Dortmund vs Hertha, as Haaland plays his last Dortmund game.

Full-time. Exciting end to the Freiburg game. At one stage they needed a goal to have the CL spot as Leipzig were losing their game, but Leipzig found a stoppage time equaliser, and Freiburg keeper got caught out for a late goal from Leverkusen. Looks like Europa League for Freiburg now.

Biggest drama seems to have been at Stuttgart where a 92nd minute winner from Endo kept them up, and sends Hertha into the relegation play-off. Looking forward to the highlights of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Unbelievable ending. Dortmund come from a goal down to beat Hertha and then Stuttgart score in the 92nd minute to save themselves and send Hertha to the playoff against Werder/HSV/Darmstadt.

We could end up seeing Magath vs HSV in the playoff if we don't bottle it tomorrow.

Well we looked like we were gonna bottle it after 45 minutes but came back in the 2nd half to win and secure 3rd after 3 consecutive 4th place finishes. Werder also won so they go up with Schalke.

Another epic 2.liga season ends. It's easily the best 2nd tier in the world and this season was once again brilliant. It's a travesty Sky have removed it from TV over here after it being regularly shown on BT for years.

First relegation game is Thursday in Berlin and the 2nd leg is next Monday. Going to be weird having most of Germany supporting HSV for once, but most people want Hertha relegated. I'd be surprised if we can beat them but we'll give it a good go I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ch20

Glad that HSV won today. The playoff games against Hertha Berlin should be exciting. I'm hoping that Hertha Berlin is relegated.

I see Hertha have lost the first leg at home. Not looking good for Magath.

Fluke goal from Reis, but overall I thought we deserved it. Hertha's heads went after the goal and they are fortunate enough it only ended 0-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hertha are without their first choice goalkeepers (injury and corona) and could well be again at the weekend.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

It was a flukey goal for Hamburg but Hertha were unbelievably shite after the goal, looked like a team that the morale has reached rock bottom. Hard to see them coming back in the second leg.

People were referring to Christensen as their 4th choice earlier which isn't correct. He's the #2 that they signed last summer from Denmark where he started for Odense the past 3-4 years. Schwolow, the #1, has been dreadful for ages and is now injured. Jarstein is still on the books, but he has been out for a year with long COVID and a knee problem so they weren't ever planning with him which is why Christensen was signed.

They probably should have started him long before tonight as they've had issues in goal for most of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

True, but he wasn't even a regular in their II team.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Wow, Marco Rose is gone from Dortmund. It could have happened a number of times during the season, but once he got to the end of the season and they finished second I expected him to get another season.

With this and the new signings Sebastian Kehl is really planning ot make his mark on the club as sporting director.

Some start to the play-off second leg. Boyata levels the tie inside 5 minutes.

Super free-kick from Plattenhardt gives Hertha the lead. Didn't think he could score from there but it was very precise.

Tousart is lucky he didn't get a red. He was rash there.

Full-time and Hertha are safe. They left it very late to produce a performance like that. Big performance from Boyata.

Post edited by Mr.Nice Guy on

Good ol Hertha, pulling that out of the fire. Serious Improvement needed for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Commiserations to @Oat23 it was a tough league this year with Schalke, Werder, HSV and Pauli all involved right till the end.

Not surprised we bottled it. Hertha were a different side with Ascacibar and Boateng controlling the midfield. Tim Walter's football just doesn't work against teams who can control the midfield and play with intensity. Our lack of talent in the final third, mainly on the wing where we only have 1 winger (Jatta, who was crap again), came back to bite us. Glatzel barely saw the ball over 120 minutes.

Still proud of the team for the way they turned it around over the last month to reach the playoffs. Most don't realise we have the youngest side in the league.

Maybe next season we'll manage it but I'm not terribly upset we failed to go up. The 2.liga is great fun, and it's going to be a dogfight to stay in the Buli next season given Werder and Schalke aren't your typical newly promoted sides. I think we'd have gone straight back down anyway.

Live stream of Dresden vs Lautern for promotion to the 2 Bundesliga. It's 0-0 after the first leg.

Sacking Antwerpen and replacing him with Dirk Schuster 2 weeks ago paid off in the end. Lautern win 2-0 and end a 4 year spell in the 3.liga.

Feel bad for Antwerpen though. A lot of the credit should go to him for the miracle he pulled off last season keeping Lautern above the relegation zone while they went through administration.

edit: Schuster gave Antwerpen credit in his post match interview at least. Right thing to do.

• Advertisement

Was kind of torn as I've mates that support both teams (and both shared a house here) but was glad Lautern won in the end as its a great story.

BL 2returns this evening as Kaiserslautern face Hannover. Doesn't appear to be on tv though they really shot themselves in the foot with that Sky deal.

It's disgraceful. Sky have absolutely nothing to show this time of the year and they still won't put it on. Instead they are showing a repeat of the 2015 championship playoff semi-final 🙄

I bought a subscription to viaplay.nl to try for a month since they have all games from the Buli and the 2. BL. They accepted my Revolut card and it's working without a VPN so far so hopefully that'll do me for the season.

Enjoyable enough game tonight. 40k at it for Lautern's first game back in the division and they won it 2-1 in injury time.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ch20

What's the picture quality like? I'm looking to watch Bundesliga and 2.bundealiga games this season. Last season you could watch on YouTube using a VPN for Bundesliga games.

spoted this yesterday in the friendly with Koln and Milan. Very cool.

• Advertisement

On Viaplay? It's grand. It's definitely not as high as Sky Ticket which I used last season and looked indistinguishable from satellite but it's definitely HD and probably around 5000kbps. It's also €9.99 per month which is half the price of Sky so I'm happy.

The streams either have stadium audio or English commentary if there is a world feed available. So all the Buli games will be in English I guess and 1 or 2 2.Liga games per week too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Really think De Ligt will be a good signing for Bayern.

Sebastien Haller has left Dortmunds training camp and returned to Germany after a testicular tumor was found during a medical exam.

Obviously his health is the most important thing, but this does throw Dortmunds plans into chaos just a few weeks before the season kicks off.

It will always be massively regretful that we failed to win promotion back to the Bundesliga during his life. Despite everything that went on at the club over the past 10 years he never piled on like other legends whenever there was a bad result or bad run of games. He loved the club too much to be seen criticising them in the media. RIP.

Really entertaining German Super Cup this evening.

Bayern will be strong this season, even without Leba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Bayern not missing Lewandowski. 5-0 at half time v Frankfurt.

Won 6 1, against a team that made it to a euro final last season.

Perhaps they should just give Bayern the title at the start of the season now?

As good a team as Bayern are, Is it probably the most uncompetitive league around? If there's another I don't know it. Can't see Dortmund putting up much of a fight this season either

Oof, sounds like it wasn't the best preparation for the Super Cup next Wednesday when Frankfurt meet Madrid. Pleased to see Randal Kolo Muani off the mark at least. He was good at Nantes and I think he'll do well in Germany.

Don't think Bayern will miss a beat without Lewandowski. Mane is going to run riot.

Yes Eintracht won the Europa League, but they're not actually that good. They finished 11th last season.

And while Bayern do win a few games with big scores, last season in the PL City beat Leeds 7-0, Arsenal, Newcastle and Norwich 5-0 and Watford 5-1.

Even Liverpool beat Leeds 6-0 and Utd, Arsenal and Southampton 4-0.

Hammering sides isn't unique to Bayern. It happens regurlary in the the so called best league in the world too.

They could just stop putting Bayern on in the first game when lots of potential fans would be tuning in. The tradition is stupid and in the past decade they've had scorelines like 5-0, 6-0, 8-0 and now 5-1. Nobody wants to watch that sh*te apart from Bayern fans.

Nico Schulz in big trouble after being arrested for domestic violence.

Just had a read of the allegation against him. If it turns out to be true, he's a scumbag.

Quality stuff from Terzic today.

Hadn't heard Oli Burke had gone to Bremen on a free.

Fair play to BMG for putting an end to the Bayern juggernaut.

To be fair, if it had been a boxing match, the towel would have come in.

• Advertisement

Felix Zwayer was in fine form once again last night, giving a foul and free out against Robert Glatzel for this.

Marco Rose to take over Leipzig. If they waited the could have had Tuchel.

I doubt they'd have wanted Tuchel. Former Gladbach sporting director Max Eberl is taking the same roll at Leipzig and knows Rose very well. The word is that the Rose deal is supposed to have been agreed well before Tedesco was sacked.

Rose is also ex Salzburg so the Red Bull people would know him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nagelsmann is going to start to feel the pressure grow on him now after that defeat.

What's up with Bayern this season? They'd normally hammer a team like that.

I suspect they are missing their main outlet for goals. For all their attacking talent, they don't have a poacher.

Should be okay as long as they're going well in the CL. I'd say he's hoping Germany go far in the world cup or Flick might available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tuchel's name starting to be linked to the Munich job now

Paper never refused ink. Not a hope Bayern get rid of Nagelsman this side of the world cup. They're still heavy favourites for the league (Union, Frieburg and Hoffenheim who are above them, won't be top 4 come the end of the season) and top of their CL group.

• Advertisement

Tuchel? Would he suit the club? Falls out with players everywhere he goes.

Advertisement