Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oleksandr Usyk v Anthony Joshua 2 - August 20th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭rogerywalters

You have given zero analysis. Clearly picked Usyk based off your dislike of fury. What an absolute child we have here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Joshua must be raging.

He's spent most the last decade knocking out guys he is way better than and being champ.

Now he must know he's never getting the fury fight and big money payout and that he's not the undisputed best anymore or have a claim to be.

Why were his team telling him he was winning every round? Was it to prevent Joshua from chasing usyk and being picked off too easy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

That was great entertainment the warm up and main event. Well worth getting.

Firstly Usyk is special. His balance and calmness in the fire is incredible along with those dancing feet.

Joshua. He fought better than the last time but he employed largely the same tactics and had the same problems with a corner that bullshitted him. He again fought Usyk’s fight and add on a few body shots that did do some harm and was it the 9th he tried some naughty moves. Ref said nothing about those which is absurd. His jab was better as well but it reminded me of Wilder vs Fury 3 where he looked unnatural and learned. At some time he needed to absolutely go gung-ho and his corner needed to tell him that to give him the best chance.

The rant was ridiculous. Frasier Clark spoke very well for me when he put his hand up and said he was wrong to do that. As an up and coming (potentially) HW I think that took guts to do so well done to him. The rest of the panel followed his lead and condemned it. Then Sky ditched him a bit like BBC with Steve McLaren.

Looking ahead I think people saying Fury has the fitness to take Usyk aren’t paying attention. Fury takes breaks in every round Usyk is much fitter than that. I think Fury can do a much better and more effective job of leaning, spoiling. I think Fury would win it would be incredible to watch the build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Since Fury said he was "retired" how long to he have before he has to hand back his belts?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The post fight presser was as bad Hearn & AJ asked questions and just spout nonsense and never actually answer the question

Hearn kept on about AJ hasn't had an easy fight quite obviously wants to set him up with a gimme now &Hearn was also very quick to say he thinks AJ should be more active, He doesn't want AJ packing it in on him

Judge who gave it to AJ should be sacked, It was a close fight but Usyk simply won more of the rounds, bar round 9 it was similar to the first fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

AJ gassed badly. His metldown was because he knows his career is in tatters. Best he can hope for now is Chisora type fights.

I think Fury beats Usyk easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

In 24 rounds between the two there was only 1 round you could say AJ defo won without question

Hell even a broke clock is right twice in 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You obviously missed my last post. Ah well. Be wasted on a gambling prediction odds man like yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RAnthony Joshua not happy losing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭blade1

For a moment I thought my bet was going to come good in the 10th but it was not to be.

Usyk just doesn't have the power.

I thought AJ gave a decent account of himself and I was just thinking he had nothing to be ashamed of until that display at the end.

He could have done without that but at least he in some way gave a more reasoned explanation in the after-fight presser.

I think after everything he put in to preparation, and the last of what was left in the tank boiled over at the end.

When he came into the ring I thought he looked his best ever.

I think Fury beats Usyk.

Too big and Usyk hasn't enough to deter him.

Would be a hell of a fight if they were a similar size and I think Usyk would edge it then but as it is, Fury all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

How does he do better? The whole "stick it on him" tactic isn't realistic as he's not good enough to pull it off. There was never an extended period in either fight where Joshua was in charge of the initiative, Usyk forces him to fight that. Kinda like how Fury completely turned Klitschko gun-shy. It's Fury doing that to Klitschko not Klitschko suddenly choosing not to throw.

Joshua just put in the best performance of his career being that competitive against someone as good as Usyk and the concentration to the body was the perfect tactic.

Still think Usyk is generally quite underrated on here and not sure what he's got to do to convince people of his greatness. For me as 21st century boxers go it's Floyd, Pacquiao, Chocolatito and Usyk as the four greatest.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭rogerywalters

Haha you are on your own mate, sole poster on here who thinks Usyk will beat fury and you call yourself a pro hahahahah . We can reconvene after the fight if it ever happens.

Okey doke. We’ll reconvene when, if it happens!

The pick on a Fury/Usyk match isn’t the issue..

any person thinking either man wins handily hasn’t a clue about either man’s capabilities.

a win will be very hard earned and fought…

I think it will be a very closely fought fight

When you look at all of this didn’t Tony Bellew do very well. I always thought he was very average. It was an emphatic finish from Usyk of course but Bellew gave a decent account of himself when he was at the last leaf of autumn stage

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The ‘big money payout’?

Ah come on, he has made money and created opportunities that have set him up for 10 lifetimes

He has scored the big money payout multiple times already

• Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I think it shows how bad the HW division is and how bad AJ is. Usyk struggled at times against Bellew and against Chisora.

I dont agree. I think we’ll look back at this era and appreciate it more. If you watch back some of those golden guys in the 80s and 90s they were all very hittable. The big 4 and maybe more would be well fit to hold their own in that era

The rich always want more.

Fury had enough money and he still fought white didn't he?

Joshua has now missed out on being half of the marketed biggest heavyweight fight in British boxing history.

Ronaldo is probably a billionaire yet he still won't drop his salary demands to get a transfer move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Bellew put absolutely everything into winning a few rounds at the start of that fight. Was still behind on my card come the 8th round when he was completely out of gas and viciously KO'ed. Usyk was always dictating terms in that fight and bad Bellew where he wanted him. Wasn't really that competitive.

Chisora made things slightly uncomfortable physically for Usyk at times but still lost the majority of rounds. Think you could score it 8-4 at best. Result was never in doubt.

Usyk deserves way more respect than that imo and Joshua fought a really great fight last night to be competitive with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Usyk was superb last night. That 10th round was the mark of a great. AJ too stiff, too basic.

Have to say i would absolutely love to see AJ vs Wilder. Let them both knock over a few guys for a year then let them at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Augme

Very difficult for me to see a Usyk victory. Fury's jab is on a other level to AJ and I think he has a much easier time wearing Usyk down. Fury has nothing to worry about in terms of being knocked down.

The one equaliser would be if Fury got complacent and didn't put enough into his camp before hand and didn't have the stamina. If he had an excellent camp and was in the required physical condition I just can't see a path to victory for Usyk.

But it would be a fascinating fight, possible the intruging I can remember in the HW division in a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lennox Lewis was a finisher, Joshua had Usyk in trouble 3, maybe 4 times over the two fights, and for whatever reason never even sensed it, never went for the finish, or maybe lacks the hunger in this current time in his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Anthony Joshua is only 32, he has time to regain the titles. He has 5 years left at the top. I hope he continues

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Fight was predictable enough. Usyk far too much IQ, joshua far too limited.

The score card was everything I hate about boxing. Joshua's mother couldn't score the fight for AJ, so to give jt to him by 2 is criminal

AJ behaving like a fcuking idiot after the fight. I like the part where Usky asks for his nations flag back at the point he's going into meltdown and about to make a show of himself

Usky v Fury will, if it happens a great fight. Probably a trilogy and potentially split down the middle. If I was forced to call it, I'd just lean towards Fury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Had to laugh at Joshua in the post fight presser saying he was doing it for Britain so they could see him & Fury fight & thats why he got so upset. Seems like he believes his own BS. Didnt think he fought badly, gave a decent account for himself but Uysk just has that extra bit of quality & class. Uysk is a true boxer.

Joshua has shown he can be fairly fragile mentally. Its hard to know how this fight is going to affect him, with Ruiz, it was a bit of a one off which he avenged but this time, hes been well beaten over two fights by the superior boxer. The self belief that a boxer needs in themselves could be gone now, the illusion that hes the best in his own mind gone. Theres usually only one way a boxers career goes then. Even if hes given a few gimme fights over the next while, I firmly believe if Wilder fights him, Wilder wins.

Fellas, we will still likely get AJ-Fury or Fury-Usyk in the next 9-12 months. Fury will likely do another u-turn

As a casual I've been very interested the last few years. I think there were a lot of fights they should have made earlier though or never made at all as they were too interested in building up the fight numbers and doing ppvs to make money.

Joshua fury and Joshua wilder are fights that should have been made years ago.

The division needs fury really.

• Advertisement

I think fury would beat usyk quite comfortably. Usyk wouldn't be able to get near furys head. Usyk looked small compared to Joshua and fury is another few inches taller. Furys reach and height would allow him to pick usyk off imo.

Advertisement