Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home taps

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

Hi all have a kegerator for a few months

Guiness was brilliant .

ran out of star gas and Guinness at the same time .

changed both

now the Guiness has a small ish head and now where near as creamy .

would the new gas have over carbonated the keg or any other ideas . Didn’t change anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭jt69er

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Justin10

Over carbonated would lead to large heads on the pints.

I'd double check your pressure on your regulator.

Small heads usually mean the keg is too cold, but I doubt you changed the temperature.

Does the pint taste OK?

The pints are ok.

They were great , extremly creamy now just ok.

• Advertisement

Hi sorted this couple of lovely kegs. Put new keg on during the week. Pints look watery and have an unusual bitter taste any ideas. Is it a bad keg ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭shmeee

Is it Guinness? Could have 'cooked' with recent heat wave. I'd a bit of a Guinness keg left out of cool room when cleaning and never put it back in and went to re-tap it a few days later and she was exactly as you described, pure stink, no head, all black and watery.

Can you post a photo of a pint?

Keg always in the kegerator

Pints not "sticking" as normal either.

Glasses clean Im very careful about that.

j

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭jt69er

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Justin10

You're glasses are definitely dirty.

Also might be worth while to clean the spout, and the disk inside the spout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭hbab2009

Hi folks.........i'm out of gas now......the gas I currently was using was leaving big heads on the pint.......anyone PM me on where I could get a gas that works well with guinness? I am in Munster but can go to wherever for the gas....I just need a provider which works well with guinness......

Thanks

Hi all Im sure that Im not the only one without running water in my cave. What do others do to wash/ rinse glasses when there is a crowd in . ( obviously washing properly and letting drip dry later. )

Advertisement