Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion - 2024 All Ireland Hurling Champions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭supernova5

Don't see Mike Gough's name in the starting team or subs

what age is Cian Nolan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Nolan must be at least 27 , nearly sure he was on the u21 panel that won the all Ireland in 2014

Mikey Gough is in the age bracket of 21/22 ,

yea Nolan is showing real form and a late bloomer I suppose, Mike Gough got a fair amount of league game time for Clare but seemed to fall out of favour come Championship

mikey injured ,ment to say david had a fine game , david is roughly the same age as nolan ,

fine win for clooney against kilmaley , in the first game in the park , 3 meter peter was on fire for the winners , really impressed with the younger lads in the clooney/quin side , espically john coneeley , donagh o'sullivan and eoin o'brien all new additions to the side and look the part

kilmaley were only a shadow of their first half performance against eire og , only gearoid o'grady showed any fight up front , cathal darcy did well also when introduced , they will have there work cut out now to beat scariff in the final round

Peter Duggan (0-12 8f); Ryan Taylor (0-4); Eoghan O’Brien (0-3);

John Conneely, Ulick O’Sullivan (0-2) each. Callum Hassett, Shane Harrisson, Luke Harrisson (0-1) for clooney

Gearoid O’Grady (1-3) Cian Moloney (0-4 4f); Cathal Darcy (0-2); for kilmaley ,

in the second game ballyea sleep walked there way to a 3rd group win against a poor and wasteful clarecastle side , intercounty footballer aaron griffin had a super game scoring 6 from play , the old guard of bobby duggan and stephan O'Halloran brought the fight to their neighbors scoring 1-9 out of a 1-12 total big game coming up against broadford now for the magpies , they must win that if they want to stay senior

Niall Deasy (3 frees), Aaron Griffin (0-6) each; Tony Kelly (0-3) Thomas Kelly (0-2), Cathal O’Connor, Mossy Gavin, Pearse Lillis, Martin O’Leary (0-1) for balllyea

Bobby Duggan (1-7, 0-5 frees); Jack Murphy (0-2); Stephen O’Halloran, Darragh Healy (free), Killian McDermott, Patrick Kelly, James Doherty (0-1) for the magpies

• Advertisement

while you have eluded us about your favoured location within the country let a lone the county , i find this a cryptic celebration for clonlars win over whitegate .......🤔 am i right....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

This weekends Senior fixtures

Sat 20th Aug 22

Cratloe v Kilmihil

Senior Football Championship Gp 2 Rd 2

Cusack Park 4:30 PM

Corofin v St. Breckan's

Senior Football Championship Gp 1 Rd 2

Milltown Malbay 6:00 PM

Ennistymon Football v Kilmurry Ibrickane

Senior Football Championship Gp 3 Rd 2

Cusack Park 6:30 PM

Sun 21st Aug 22

Éire Óg Ennis v St Joseph's Miltown Malbay

Senior Football Championship Gp 1 Rd 2

Kilmihil GAA 12:30 PM

Lissycasey v St Joseph's Doora Barefield

Senior Football Championship Gp 2 Rd 2

Cusack Park 1:00 PM

Clondegad v Doonbeg

Senior Football Championship Gp 3 Rd 2

Cusack Park 3:00 PM

The whole Clare senior Camogie management team have resigned en masse. There have been some unsavoury rumours in the last few days so this decision by the management will come as no surprise.

In any event the management were hopelessly out of their depth, just about avoided relegation to the intermediate grade after beating Offaly in a relegation play-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I think the time was right anyway - The team has a potential boom period incoming and a fresh management team is exactly what the County Board should've wanted to kick them on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Yeah important they stayed up but management for all Clare teams seem hit and miss. No real plan or promotion. It's a lucky dip. Could do with a consistent plan

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement

Clare ladies football manager Evan Talty has announced that he will not be continuing in the role. Would imagine that the current Clare minor ladies football manager David O'Brien, who guided Clare to an All-Ireland minor championship a few weeks ago will be the front-runner for the role.

Two tough draws for the two Clare schools involved in the Harty Cup this season. Hope that Bugler is not involved with the Flannans team this year, he is an extremely negative coach who plays with two sweepers and one man inside full forward line.

https://twitter.com/Munsterpps/status/1560289298628415488

https://twitter.com/Munsterpps/status/1560289198359416833

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Good to see 2 schools in it still. I know there are rumblings in Limerick because they only have Ard Scoil in it. That's probably not enough with all the Clare guys in the school.

I dont think Tulla are that strong. Alot of their guys were on the age limit last year. But a competitive year would be great

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

What's Aaron Considine's track record as a coach/manager like?

I knew that he coached the Corofin intermediate hurlers (surprisingly beaten by Ruan in last year's Clare intermediate hurling quarter-final) here in Clare last year. To be perfectly honest with you, I have heard little or nothing about him, but I'm sure some knowledgeable poster here will help you out a lot better than me.

Clare senior football championship results today Saturday 20th August

Cratloe 1-13 Kilmihil 1-8

St Breckans 0-14 Corofin 1-7

Ennistymon 1-9 Kilmurry Ibrickane 0-9

Tomorrow fixtures Sunday 21st August

Eire Og Ennis v St Josephs Miltown @ Kilmihil throw-in 12:30 pm

St Josephs Doora Barefield v Lissycasey @ Cusack Park Ennis throw-in 1:00 pm

Clondegad v Doonbeg @ Cusack Park Ennis Throw-in 3:00 pm

Result Clare SFC

Eire Og Ennis 3-11 St Joseph’s Miltown 0-13

latest

Lissycasey 2-5 St Joseph’s Doora Barefield 0-4 midway thru second half.

The general theme throughout the second weekend of the respective Clare football championships is thank God for Colm Collins. We must have the lowest standard of club football championship in the country, but for Colm Collins as Clare senior football manager, we would be stuck in division 4 footie.

Too much 14 men behind the ball, no kick passing, lateral and slow passing side by side, poor shooting and just desperate football in general. And underage football here isn’t much better. Football in Clare is in need of a radical overhaul, our development squads are not fit for purpose.

i dont blame the development squads , i balme the coach's hired in to play this style of football , i think we have a real problem with it in this county , the only team playing driect football is eire og ,and they look like retaining the jack daly at the moment

the two games in the park today were poor games in fairness

• Advertisement

weekend results

Saturday

Senior

St. Breckans 0 - 14 Corofin 1 - 07

Cratloe 1 – 13 Kilmihil 1 - 08

Ennistymon 1 – 09 KIB 0 - 09

Intermediate

Wolfe Tones 2 - 12 O Curry's 0 - 13

Shannon Gaels 1 - 10 Michael Cusack’s 0 - 07

Junior A

Ballyvaughan 5 - 12 St Joseph's D/B 2 - 04

Kilkee 2 – 12 Clooney-Quin 1 – 06

Killimer 1 – 14 Liscannor 2 – 04

Eire Og 1 – 14 Parteen 2 – 04

KIB 5 – 14 Doonbeg 1 - 05

Sunday

Results: Senior

Clondegad: 1 – 07 Doonbeg: 0 – 09

Eire Og 3 – 11 Miltown 1 - 13

Intermediate

Cooraclare 0 – 08 Ennistymon 1 – 03

Kilrush 2 – 08 Coolmeen 0 – 14

Kildysart 1 – 11 Naomh Eoin 0 – 09

Banner 1 – 09 Kilfenora 1 - 07

Junior A

Lissycasey 1 – 13 Cratloe 3 – 03

Nice to have them but were those recorded on a patato? 240p hurts the eyes

I imagine they were downloaded or up loaded on a low bandwidth, the quality is way better on the Clare TV website

Weekends Senior Fixtures

I'd actually expect some of these to still be provisional

Fri 26th Aug 22

Clonlara v Newmarket on Fergus

Senior Hurling Championship Gp 1 Rd 4

Sat 27th Aug 22

O'Callaghans Mills v Broadford

Senior Hurling Championship Gp 2 Rd 4

Sixmilebridge 6:00 PM

Ballyea v Cratloe

Senior Hurling Championship Gp 2 Rd 4

Sun 28th Aug 22

Sixmilebridge v Whitegate

Senior Hurling Championship Gp 1 Rd 4

Tulla 12:30 PM

Inagh-Kilnamona v Wolfe Tones Shannon

Senior Hurling Championship Gp 4 Rd 3

Cusack Park 4:00 PM

Smith O'Brien v Crusheen

Senior Hurling Championship Gp 4 Rd 3

Sixmilebridge 4:00 PM

Clooney Quin v Éire Óg Ennis

Senior Hurling Championship Gp 3 Rd 3

Cusack Park 6:00 PM

Kilmaley v Scariff

Senior Hurling Championship Gp 3 Rd 3

Tulla 6:00 PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Digital-Eugene

Hi all, quick question that I hope someone here might know the answer to.

Does anyone know who the guys involved with Clare Gaa TV are?

What there experiences are?

I've seen 3-4 guys around on/after matches - leaving with cameras and tripods etc

One guy I think I recognize from being on screen last year,

The others, 1 young guy and two I guess older looking fellas but I've never seen before

alan foudy is the main camera operator i believe , hes the man behind the funeral live service he dose a lot of work for the county teams as camera man , i think jody o'connell is also involved as camera man

its more or less run by the county board but its in conjunction with all the other media outlets in the county , clare fm and scarrif bay radio provide dual commentaries , reporters eoin brennan and derrick dormer from the clare champion often provide commentaries also

not sure who is behind it but the main presenters and commentators are

eoin brennan - clare champion

derrick dormer - clare fm/clare champion

loe doyle - scarriff bay radio

cyll o'conor -clare fm

derrick lynch clare fm

sean chaplin - county board

michael O connor - county board

i thaught the same , but with the online coverage of games it suits the board , the early throw ins have not been a success in terms of attendance , plus the clare tv platform allows people to attend more intermediate or junior games , that might clash and just watch them when they get home or later on in the week

As windy has said it's not a set company it's the county board behind it, foudy is probably the main man, Lohan's cameraman is involved, there's another fella with years of experience involved (another ex county camera man) no idea of there names, not sure if Jody is involved this year tho, and then there are a few others on the production site (running the scoreboards etc)

And ya all those others listed will be involved in commentary or presenting in some capacity.

Just witnessing another Clonlara implosion against Newmarket on Fergus in the Clare SHC. Yet again Clonlara the masters of their own downfall here against a far more determined and hardworking Newmarket on Fergus side. NOF 0-19 Clonlara 1-10 FT.

• Advertisement

there is something seriously amiss with that Clonlara team, its the same story every year, whether its not properly coached, not driven enough/lacking motivation, not physical enough when the going gets tough, psychological, or are they just not a very good team to begin with?

Advertisement