Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Yeah facts can be a pain.

I did love this line to back up the fake news...."I might have family member in HSE so know all this :-)"

🤣 Might indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

It is more like sheer panic at this stage. Varadkar has been a disaster for FG. FG has lost seats in every election it has contested since he was installed as leader. Does this mean that if FG loses a few more seats then it can become the new Labour party in a 2.5 party model with SF and FF being the two large parties?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Which media now should we read or not read? Just wondering which ones are FG friendly etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's a fair Question, I'd always assumed The Indo was pro FG, certainly it's political Editor fond of Leo but this I found interesting, letters to the editor

Maybe the Editor on Hols and these comments slip through for publication 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

But that 30% tax band has been ruled a no go???

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The desperate attempt of Leo and FG to own the legacy of Collins that is happening right now on Twitter is a sight to behold.

This guy is matching their 'live tweeting' with quotes from Collins himself.

So what you are saying is they have a national payroll system but they have some problems with it?

👍

Not sure why you think sharing a troll from twitter is relevant to the government thread?

Maybe you could explain as I’m struggling to see why you think it’s relevant?

As I said before if I wanted to read trolls on Twitter I would log onto twitter, not boards

I couldn't care less what you think is 'relevant'. If you don't want to read a post about a government party...scroll past. Simples.

• Advertisement

Let's watch a fictionalised and romanticised account of Collin's life as we create the fiction he was one of us, and mind you don't get ambushed by a ricocheting sausage!

The Sindo/Indo has always been pro-establishment. The problem for the new owners of IN&M is that they need it to make money. The Sindo, in particular, has shifted to the centre of the market since Barbara J. Pym was fired. The political coverage of the Sindo/Indo still has a pro-FG slant. People just don't believe Varakdar's and FG's attempt to appropriate the legacies of Collins and Griffith. The people realise that FG is the party of Charlie Flanagan and John Bruton who wanted to commemorate the Black and Tans/RIC. That, the Housing crisis and Varadkar's incompetent leadership cost FG seats in the 2020 GE.

Regards...jmcc

Absolutely, I had a little spat with their political Editor in the past few days & indeed my local TD, fond on tweeting links to the Indo, who's since gone avery quite.

I fear all MSM appear to be pro establishment generally, I personally find it very, very troubling especially our national Broadcaster.

No I am not saying that. I was perfectly clear. So were the IMO. You were wrong and your family member is wrong. I even bolded the parts which mattered. Here you go again Mr "I might have family member in HSE so know all this"...

Junior doctor pay issues due to payroll system - IMO (rte.ie)

'Demoralising' issues for junior doctors caused by payroll system - IMO

Non-consultant hospital doctors, or junior doctors, are having difficulties getting paid, due to having to join new payroll systems every time they start at a new post, according to the Irish Medical Organisation.

Chairman of the non-consultant hospital doctors committee at the IMO Dr John Cannon said junior doctors rotate hospitals in Ireland every six to 12 months as part of their training programme.

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland, he said that when they change hospital, even though they remain in Health Service Executive employment as their main employer, "they actually technically change employer as well at a local level.

"So that means every time they go to a new hospital, even though they're still working for the HSE, they have to join a new payroll system as all the payroll systems in the HSE are siloed, there's no national payroll system," he added.

Dr Cannon said that this often results in doctors going on to emergency tax, being put on the wrong pay point on the scale, missing hours that they are due in their pay, and, in some cases, not even getting paid at all.

Dr Cannon said this is causing a lot of stress, and a lot of hardship for junior doctors, adding that the "system is broken" and apologies from the HSE "will no longer cut it".

He said the HSE has been aware the issues have been there for decades, and junior doctors have been repeatedly asked for the issues to be fixed.

"We have advised them that truly the one way to get rid of this issue is to have a single nationalised payroll system, similar to the gardaí, where at a click of a button every junior doctor in the country can be paid."

The IMO has a mandate from junior doctors for industrial action and strike.

"It's always been our goal to fix the issues in the system without putting any undue stress on the system, which is very, very stretched at the moment and to solve our issues without essentially going on strike," Dr Cannon added.

He said the IMO hopes negotiations with the HSE will start very soon.

"We're hoping to see real meaningful change, but we have to see that the HSE is willing to move and move fast," he said.

Dr Cannon added that the issue is one of the reasons that doctors are leaving Ireland to go to other countries to work.

He said it "is demoralising. It's exhausting, it's deflating and it's one of the reasons why our junior doctors are leaving to go to New Zealand and Australia and Canada to countries that they are respected both as people and as professionals".

---------------

Own your mistake.

I think FG will lose a lot more seats than FF actually. I cannot see FG buying a preference vote from any party or Independent. They have been completely two faced for 11 years now. Toxic.

It might be better to think of RTE as being the state broadcaster rather than the national broadcaster. It had a monopoly on radio and TV for decades until the 1970s and the emergence of pirate radio and cable television. FF, FG and Labour always had it under their thumb. Pirate radio scared FF/FG because it was much more dififcult to control but FF brought in a licencing system in 1989. Cable and satellite TV were only the precursors to what happened with the rise of the Web in the 1990s. That really started the shift away from FF/FG as being the main parties because people started to get access to other views (the end of Section 31 had an impact on the Dublin media). Both FF and FG now find it very difficult to control the message even with their friendly journalists in the media. FF's dreadful Social Media campaigning demonstates that it is really out of its depth. Varadkar acts like a Social Media influencer chasing likes. At the heart of the problem for FF/FG is that fewer people watch RTE now than did in the 1980s and 1990s and most people do not buy a daily newspaper. The old triple-play propaganda model of TV/radio/printed newspapers has changed but FF and FG have not.

Regards...jmcc

BA, I do get there are many Trolls on SM But in this case I think it only fair to point out this is absolutely no Troll, the blue tick is not handed out easily, very stringent verification process.

You may disagree with this person, but he's no Troll

Very disrespectful of the Irish nurses who are a credit to us. Were they telling lies on the radio this week?

Why we emigrated: Irish healthcare professionals on what pushed them to leave (thejournal.ie)

Becca (28) studied general nursing in Tralee and now lives in Perth.

There’s no such thing as a patient ratio in Ireland. I used to have eight patients on a day shift in a private cardiac unit,” she explains. “In Australia, it’s such a massive contrast - it’s strictly four patients to one nurse in the public hospitals.” 

Becca could have had 12 patients to herself on a night shift when she was working in Ireland. “It’s so dangerous. Would you be happy for one of your grandparents to be looked after by someone that has 11 other patients? It’s not safe for the patients and it’s not safe for the nurses,” she says.

Becca explains that any mistakes made in the workplace almost always come down to poor fatigue management and too much of a patient workload. Her workload in Australia is manageable compared to Ireland.

“I’m way less stressed. I used to wake up at 3am worried that I didn’t give someone a glass of water that they asked for. You would get text messages from other nurses that were working that day, saying that they just woke up and that they forgot to document something and asking if I could double-check.”

Becca felt that she was never able to switch off from work while in Ireland, saying that annual leave or days off were almost always accompanied by phone calls asking to come in to cover shifts.

“When I moved to Australia, I didn’t nurse for ten months. I was so bitter. I was so angry at the health system. Once I realised how well respected and well paid nurses are here, I decided to get my registration and work agency shifts in hospitals, I was getting paid stupid money to be looking after four patients a day, which I thought was hilarious when I first started. We have pharmacists and phlebotomists here which is everything a nurse does in Ireland.”

Becca describes the pay for nurses in Ireland as “absolutely horrendous,” before adding, “I’m making two times the amount a nursing manager is in Ireland.”

Maud (27) from Cork also studied in Tralee and worked in two different hospitals in Cork once she qualified. In Australia, she now works in home care for palliative patients. Maud echoes Becca’s comments about hospital work in Australia, noting a much lower patient load. 

“I had a nice run while working in Ireland because I was in a private elective ward. You’d know what’s coming in the door but training was a different story. I trained in a public hospital and there were staff shortages, long hours, and some days you were expected to be a staff member despite being on training, so it was sink or swim.”

“I don’t think I’ll ever go back to hospitals in Ireland. Pay would need to change, [plus] better working conditions, higher staff levels, lower patient to nurse ratio.”

------------

Plenty more in the article.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

There is nothing to disagree with in the tweet unless BA is saying that Collins didn't write those words?

The tweeter who is verified and a journalist is simply counterpointing what Collins said and what FG are presiding over. If BA doesn't think it resonates then so what...scroll on.

• Advertisement

Indeed, just wanted to clarify, so to speak 😉

you rolled out a couple of nurses to have a pop at the government, now you think rolling them out again to have another pop?

As I said have a look at housing and health in Australia, plenty of articles on it. No need to roll out nurses and drag them onto boards. By all means do a comparison then, I’m sure we will be all interested with your “facts”

Plus you are insulting all the work by the doctors and nurses in Ireland which is not on!!!!

Right. I'll have more from the pesky nurses and their experiences but first you forgot to reply on the national payroll system. Thoughts? Is there any chance you were wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

He must still think SF are on 5% bless.

Nobody knows the front line like nurses. They say the are understaffed. So we are giving them more consultants. Makes sense.

Still no slaintecare...

Varadkar epitomises the sheer disconnectedness of FG. Coveney would have been a far better leader and that's why the FG grassroots voted for him rather than Varadkar. Just watched the Collins centenary commemoration and Varadkar as well as Martin were being booed. They both tried to get their FF and FG digs in against SF. FF and FG might as well merge as there is very little to differentiate them.

Regards...jmcc

Post edited by jmcc on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Are the ditch supporters of the Green party like Broken Angel AND Blanch??

I don’t support the Green Party 👍

The ditch are funded by Paddy Cosgrove and just have a read over his recent tweets to see the vendetta he is ongoing because FG didn’t give him millions of tax payers money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

Apologies I thought You were a Green supporter. I must have you mixed up with somebody else

No, I support Green initiatives….I like some of the work the Green Party done last time in government and also so far this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Conspiracy theories now.

Point out any lies won't you. Your party man Troy is doing well out of the crisis.

Advertisement