Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It was a great episode. The Punk/Moxley stuff was good, Punk delivered some great lines ("third best Eddie, second best Kingston") that definitely made me laugh.

Danielson and Garcia were amazing as expected, didn't think we were going to have the potential turn with Garcia and Jericho, but it'll be fun to see how it plays out.

Great to see Omega back too and love the way they're playing the ring rust and recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hope Hangman gets to give a good reason for not coming out, especially since he was likely there.

As for the whole Punk no show possibility, what would be his reason now? Not liking the fact they crowned an interim champion?

On that whole "shoot or not" thing, was it ever figured out what's happening with MJF?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

People don't actually think it's a shoot surely 🤣 AEW has revived kayfabe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Interesting coincidence here maybe.

When Punk walked out on WWE it was in Cleveland. Next week AEW is in, you guessed it Cleveland.

What if Punk "walks out" before the title match and it doesn't take place and we're unsure if he shows up at the PPV but he shows up defeats Moxley fully revealing himself as a heel to the AEW audience as he walks through the crowd like he did in 2011 taking the title with him, taking his ball and going home.

That's fantasy booking but I definitely think there's too many coincidences here for it to be for real. If they do plan to make him heel, doing that in Chicago is a real uphill battle.

• Advertisement

You would have to find it funny the lads who complain about the dirt sheets lways just making things up are now believing the dirts sheets.

People only believe or mention the rumours they like around here, it's a great indication of bias. They'll believe it when it's good news, otherwise it's a work.

I find the dirt sheets and rumours fun and part of wrestling, I enjoy the speculation and discussion it sparks, feel the same way about rumours about film and comic book movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TonySniff

Why do people not believe it that CM Punk is a bit of a prick? He's always been. Its not all WWE's fault, you know. They have some of the blame sure, but he himself is hard to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm not going to lie, I had my doubts that we see Omega again especially after all his injuries but here we are and boy I popped so much to see him coming out. I was shouting Kenny Kenny Kenny

I'm so so so so happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Love the he's working off the ring rust, not yet 100% angle they're going with, it makes sense.

I think he'll lose a piece of the protective attire he had on with each match he has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Must say I welled up when 'Battle Cry' began to play as I was really worried we might never see Kenny in a ring again and I absolutely adore Don Callis and love how he hypes Kenny up so am really delighted they are still together!

Absolutely thrilled the 'Best Bout Machine' is back!

Kenny was by far my favourite AEW World Champion and fingers crossed in time he gets it back again!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm a massive Punk fan, but yeah, it's pretty clear he's not the type of lad I'd want to be mates with.

I've always got the feeling if he considers you his friend, he's an awesome friend to have. Proper ride or die. BUT if you're not his friend, you're his enemy, nothing in between, and he's a nightmare to deal with if you're classed as one. I think he's likely one of those "I'm just being honest..." style of guys.

For now, I'm putting this sort of story in the same file I put the MJF stuff; likely a work, with some shoot elements worked into it. Punk has always in AEW been doing heel things and constantly fighting the faces. But because it's Punk, people cheer him, and that's the angle. You've had MJF, Kingston and Hangman call him out for how he acts and how he will eventually turn heel.

Until something happens beyond what we see on screen that has more weight behind it, I feel this is likely an angle of some sort.

Hangman and or MJF to get involved in the unification match next Wednesday to set up a 4 way at All Out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm not bothered by whether it was a work or shoot, moreso that it was a simply bizarre start to a segment that ended up being excellent.

I mean I honestly don't get the purpose of it unless Hangman is coming back into the title picture which I can't see at all for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbh we all know Punk has an issue with Colt Cabana, who's a good friend of Hangman, Young Bucks etc so I can definitely understand how they'd be a bit pissed off that Punk came in and Colt vanished. I can definitely see there being actual issues there backstage with him (he has a history of being an ass tbf).

On better news, great to see Omega back and I'm expecting a match where he rips the top off and then does the Terminator Dive and a bunch of V triggers in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Best Friends vs. The Trustbusters was actually a fun Trios match and a lot better than I was expecting it to be.

Hook is going to be a huge star in the years to come.

Is there a case to be made that 2.0 have been the most successful for WWE talent signed by AEW on the basic on exceptions of signings from WWE

Doesn’t read like a guy ready to walk out

I don't think Punk will actually walk, I definitely think there's drama backstage, there's been rumours of that for a while at least.

I do find it weird though that everyone is jumping on an Instagram post as proof that all the talk is BS.

Still find this whole thing fascinating and if it is a work, I would have thought someone would actually outright mention Colt Cabana.

Speaking of Colt, what's his status? Is he injured or just not being used. Don't see him on BTE with Dark Order either.

Maybe he'll be part of whatever RoH becomes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

He hasn't been there for a year now. He isn't injured as he did work in Australia recently. Kind of just assume the dirt sheets are true and Punk got him kicked out but Hangman/Young Bucks saved his job for whenever RoH starts up.

He was a judge for the Pure Championship match at the RoH PPV.

But if it's due to Punk, gotta think there would be some upset backstage. I'm sure Colt is liked, especially more than Punk.

Tickets sorted now for Dynamite, Rampage and All Out also sorted for Dynamite/Rampage Grand Slam.

I wouldn't have minded taking in a WWE event as well but they aren't anywhere near Chicago or NYC while I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭kksaints

Cool, if you don't mind me asking which was the most expensive ticket pricewise, the All Out PPV or the Grand Slam event?

Grand Slam was $390, All Out was $268.

Dynamite was $65 and Rampage was $70.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I love the fact they have gone with 'Sweet Cheeks Music' as the name for the 'hip attack' 😂🤣

Cue Clickbait title:

Former WWE Superstar debuts for AEW

Westin Blake made his debut on Dark against Daniel Garcia. No prizes for guessing who won that.

Also Bear Country are now known as Iron Savages

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to tonight’s show and to see where they go with the title match.

Advertisement