Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 corcaigh97

Thank you so much for all that information, it is really helpful! When you say your friend was hired from the 2020 panel, does this mean that they passed the interview, vetting etc stages and then they only hired her two years later?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

Sounds about right. People can be on panels until the panel expires, depending on the location. Its very slow at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Watermelonsugar

The dept. decides whether they want to take a grade from an open, interdepartmental (or internal) and then someone who has passed the clearance stage of the process is assigned afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

@corcaigh97 yes the EO and CO panels run for 2 years at a time. You don't get called for interview until they reach your place on the panel according to your Order of Merit from from assessments. I was in the mid 1600s for the Clerical Officer Panel for Dublin and got called for interview a year later before I got the job a few weeks later. The AO (Graduate) panel runs every October.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Danielle101

Just contacted PAS and no movement on the Longford panel for interviews yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Grateful4

I had my interview today and just want reassure anyone going for interview (I was nervous so I know how it feels!). The panel was very nice (2 interviewers & one lady from PAS), they didn’t interrupt me but they did ask quick follow up/additional questions following on from my examples. I had to think about a couple of answers but I was able to put something together which I hope was good enough. I don’t think you can prepare for every single question but there was nothing totally unexpected. Do prepare examples for each competency & have an overview of public service values.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Swanladyy

Does anyone know how many were in a batch in Offaly in 2020 comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nowyousaidit

@Grateful4 Ahh glad you had a positive experience. I am sure you did great. Must be a relief to have it done anyway...thank you for sharing your feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 corcaigh97

They wouldn’t call you for interview though and then hire you two years later would they? I have an interview date already! Does it seem likely if you pass this that they would hire you shortly after, all going well?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭furrybones

The CO panel appears to be a 1 year panel. The competition was opened for applications mid November 2021 and I believe it was January 2022 before placements were made from it. On the CO booklet it states that the current panel will expire 31st January 2023

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭furrybones

You won't be interviewed until vacancies arise and they reach your oom. If you have an interview date then you will likely be placed not long after. It can be a matter of weeks to a matter of a couple of months. Patience is the key to these campaigns.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

@corcaigh97 exactly what @furrybones said - once you are called for interview, you will receive your results within a week or two and if you pass, you will start the process of getting everything up the line to start your new job within a month or two. Because I was in the mid 1600s on the CO panel, I had to wait a year between getting on the panel and being called for interview as I had to wait for everyone who was ahead of me first. Once I passed the interview, I was employed in about two months as the department I'm in required extra garda vetting.

@furrybones - in relation to your CO comment, sorry I should have said I was on the 2020 panel which based on timings from my own experience, ran for just under 2 years I think but that might have been due to covid which is why the 2021 one might be different

Hey thanks for your feedback. I have an interview coming up soon.

What kind of follow on questions did they ask? Also did they ask for a specific competency for the last on the list, self-development, drive and commitment - or was that tested throughout the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Grateful4

They asked about encouraging someone on the team and also about delivering a difficult message - I guess I hadn’t covered certain things off in my examples so they might ask you different questions depending on your examples. There was a couple of questions like what appealed to me about EO role , what I bring to the role, not about drive and commitment specifically. Best of luck!

That's really helpful, thank you very much. Hope you hear good news soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭chillmad

I applied in the 2016 CO competition, interviewed for Kildare in Jan 2018, and got a call in September 2018 with a placement. Started working in October 2018. The 2016 panel expired at the end of September 2018, so I got in by the skin of my teeth :) I hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Stranger Things

can I ask where you came in Kildare ? @chillmad

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rob1113

Anyone heard on Monaghan or Louth?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mandik63

Has anyone heard anything about Laois or Tipperary?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aiii

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear the results of the interview? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

I was told 10 days after mine. How did you find yours? I found one it a bit more trickier than I thought it would be. Loads of awkward questions from one interviewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Cazita

What type of questions were you asked if you don’t mind me asking. I’ve being trying to prepare answers to as many questions as I can. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aiii

Thanks! I found mine difficult enough and I was very nervous too. Hoping I did well enough but I have no idea how it’s marked or anything so fingers crossed for good news still. Hope yours went well for you and you got a good result in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunshine_21

Hi All, I was wondering for anyone who has had an interview. Did they ask about your qualifications/ courses you had completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭StanMcConnell

They did ask me a bit about my course but it was after I had mentioned it a couple of times since my course is relevant to the type of placement I'd prefer.

I had prepared a load of examples for the competency questions but I was a little thrown off when one of the interview asked entirely hypothetical questions like "what would you do in this situation" so be ready for that.

That's great, thank you for the advice. I will look back over my application form and have plenty of examples ready. I haven't heard anything about interview yet. I'm in the Midlands so I could be waiting a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 poltort2

Do you mind me asking where you are and what's your OOM?

I wish I could remember more to tell you but I was a bit flustered and they've completely left my head. One was tell me about a written document you've produced (which I thought was a ridiculous question). Then as another commenter said, loads of hypothetical questions without asking me directly about the competencies which I found difficult. This was only from one interviewer, the other asked as would be expected questions. I wouldn't let that scare you, as I imagine you won't have the same interviewer I did. Best of luck!

Sure I'm early 70's Westmeath and late 90's in Meath.

• Advertisement

You've been more then helpful. Thanks so much. I hope you get your results back soon. Best of luck too.

Advertisement