Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

An awful pity Dugin wasn't taken out. No pity for his daughter either she was a nasty piece of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭storker

I've thought for some time now that whatever way this war ends, there will be unexplained deaths happening in Russia for a long time afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

How dare Dugin react to his daughter's death, what about all the Ukrainian daughters?

Hypocrisy begins at home.

I completely agree with you actually, I just wanted to counter the naysayers who don't realise that the conflict is now on a funded trajectory.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Darth Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Up point is 66k vs 1 million Euro/ruble tank cheap as chips tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Darth Putin

She is neither innocent nor a victim as it seems she was the target

and

there is video of her preaching hate just a few days ago on Russian tv, her boyfriend is a die hard Zed too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭threeball

I thought Russia opened that can of worms themselves killing and raping children not to mention poisoning of ex spy's children and people with no connections whatsoever. In fact it was pure luck they didn't kill half of Shrewsbury. But of course this incident is the one that opens a can of worms.

Quite the leap to link Shrewsbury to Ukraine invasion imo,.......looks to me,on a technical level a well carried out attack,on a stagedic level long overdue and likely has em rattled now,on other hand on a political level potentially big mistake as forces eu to keep borders open to safety for Russian civilians linked to Putin regime.....but ultimately militarily its a miss in that its intended target survived.....

.if it's reasonable to critise Russia for its political assinations which kill innocents (which it is),seems to me, reasonable to critise killing of civilians here,as on a practical level there is little in terms of differece and raises all sorts difficult qs politically for eu leaders regarding closing its borders to Russia and potential this has for undercover elements to infiltrate and carry out assinations on Ukrainians,which would drag eu further into a mess

Interesting times all the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,497 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

You cannot make any assumptions regarding this assignation. You would have to question any evidence presenting this as an attack by Ukraine. Look even at the first disinformation that came out claiming she was driving her father's car.

There will definitely be an attempt to blame Ukraine. There will be an attempt to try to link it to there government or military.

But this attack is as if not more likely to be an internal Russian matter. Look at the internal attacks in the last three months at military targets in Russia. There must be question being asked about the level of corruption that has left the Russian army and it military hardware the way it is. The millions siphoned off to military contractor and the like of the Wagner group to whom she was close.

It's hard to believe that the CCTV was switched off there for two weeks without it being an internal Russian matter

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Almost sounds like a bad detective novel (Gorky Park, anyone?) Might be completely unrelated to any of the speculation, perhaps she welshed on debts to the Russian Mafia and they couldn't go to their boss, Putler, to have her debts cleared.

But, hey, another dead Russian Nazi. Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Economics101

Shrewsbury? Shurely shome mishtake, as the Eye would say? Salisbury, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

All this NRA business has me thinking might the FSB have a hand in this set up. Russia can now use this for its own purposes. This woman had no value to anyone bar media outlets. Killing her is of no use at all to the Ukraine likewise it has not cost Russia much either. Just be aware it could well be a Russian plot to use against Ukraine.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

She was in the same business as her father, not an innocent victim like those daughters.

Is the picture becoming clearer?

If reports suggesting that she was the intended victim are accurate, then the message to Putin may be "you have a daughter too" (maybe he has more daughters, I don't care).

I believe that this NRA is real but undoubtedly externally funded and instigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭paul71

The possibilities.

1. Ukrainian spooks/military did it.
    2. An angry individual Ukrainian did it.
    3. Russian opposition group did it.
    4. US spooks did it.
    5. Russian opposition group did it with assistance of US spooks.
    6. An Anti-Putin group within the Kremlin did it and invented a opposition group called the NRA as a cover.
    7. Russian intelligence did it in order to point the finger at Ukraine.

I think 6 and 3 are most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,497 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Much more likely to be internally set up and funded. At this stage even the most delusional in the upper echelon's know this war is at best not going well at worst lost.

It's draining the Russian military and economically destroying Russia. There will be element that may be starting tom take drastic steps to put an end to the conflict. At best the Russian army can maintain the present front line in Ukraine until the winter

Many oligarchs have lost a large part of there lifetimes accumulation of wealth. They taught this was a 2-3 month conflict and then back to some sort of normality. Fear will only stop them from acting for so long self interest will bring action to end the situation

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Russia must also pay huge reparations as part of any settlement. They have brought or caused great destruction to Ukrainian infrastructure cities, towns & villages in the east. And murdered many ordinary citizens as well as combatants.

Innocent? Calling people subhuman (who else used to say that?) and calling for people's deaths? Not in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭wandererz

Hopefully this is the start of a fightback by the opposition.

The higher-ups will have security details, security sweeps etc. They will be harder to get to.

Someone like this has been vocal, has been on the media and people would recognise her.

Her elimination (even if a partial failure if her father was the intended target) sends a message that even if we cannot take you out, we can take out those close to you.

It also galvanises others into believing that they can be a part of making a difference.

Hopefully this is the start of a meaningful insurgency from within just like with South Africa for example.

Could take a while though and depends on their expertise and funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭jmreire

That's being very insulting to pigs...I'm not sure there is a word in the English language to adequately describe these monsters.. escapees from the deepest pit in hell maybe... we should have competition.?

And what is the cost or repairing / replacing the target they hit? Good value for money, I'd say. I doubt that you would buy a used 2nd hand tank for that, never mind a weapons depot.

Some posters make comments along the lines of Russia bad - indicating Russia has a terrible regime (i.e. on the same page as us) then they'll make comments like, ooh, Russia could do bad things, best make a deal with them. Not pointing at anyone in particular of course.

Ah but Ukrainians are sub human to be killed at will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Rawr

Even the hint of the existence of a Fifth Column in Russia could introduce a new & interesting angle to this war. Russia would yet again have to face an internal partisan movement (just like the Chechens in the early 2000s) right when they are throwing everything they have at Ukraine. This could just be a handful of partisans who struck it lucky with this bombing, or it could be a far more organised effort designed to cause the Kremlin local pain just while they were least equipped to deal with it.

Very best case; this might be the beginnings of a larger partisan movement and if the Kremlin f**k up their handling of it, it might morph into a full scale insurgency. Add in the Free Russia Legion serving in Ukraine and you might have a doomsday senario for Putin, where an anti-Putin movement might take control of parts of Russia from him. Then we'd probably be into new Russian Civil War (been roughly 100 years since last time..,happened because a war that time too I believe). That's all assuming that the Russian Army will (or even can) split down the middle and take sides. I don't see that as likely unless something goes spectacularly badly for them, either in the War or within Russia.

Of course the most likely outcome is that not much new will happen. The Kremlin will just double down everywhere and will try to micromanage any attempt of sympathize with rebellion as a fast-track to being "volunteered" to the front line. That all said, even the possibility of a new front within Russia itself, led by Russians, makes things even more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

step closer to full mobilisation

Dundalk, Co. Louth

Russia doubling down on its baseless claims that “Ukrainian special forces” were behind the murder of Dugina. What are the Russian state hiding on this?

Or most likely, will give Putin the excuse and justification he needs to double down on perceived traitors and terrorists operating on the territory of Russia. What ever way it pans out, its an interesting development. In other parts of Russia, ( Curtesy of the BBC) in the town of Volosovo near St. Petersburg ( and that's hitting close to home, or the protected species of Russian ) like many other similar towns scattered across Russia, there are loudspeakers mounted on large poles. Normally they are used to broadcast patriotic music during festivals etc. But now they are broadcasting military enlistment ad's. like " Two volunteer artillery battalions are being formed. We invite men between the ages of 18 to 60 old to join" These ads promise the sun, moon and stars to volunteers who join up. But uptake is decidedly slow, news from the battlefront is bad, and recruits who have signed up in the past lured by the attractive rates of pay, who have survived, have come home with horror stories of what is happening, and to make matters worse, they never got the promised money either. So not looking good for Putins re enlistment plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Rawr

Even the hint of a local partisan movement, run and operated by Russians against Putin, is a dangerous prospect for the Kremlin to admit to it's own public. It would:

1) Indicate weakness on their part, and illustrate that not all of Russia are out there planting Z symbols around the place

2) Introduces the idea that one might successfully go against the Kremin, which might encourage others to try.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement