Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Yeah I knocked it off again this morning as it was clear I was going to have a good day.

Typical too, I've been home most of the week. The one day I go out for a few hours and I end up exporting with no car there to eat it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nice 55.8kWh today, very dull start and some passing showers. EV took 35kWh, remainder to full hot water cylinder and house load, small bit of exporting when I was out and about in the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Wasn't expecting that day but we'll take it, also passed the projection for August and still 9 days to go.

Didn't expect it either but will take it, muggy morning and then scattered clouds until about 3 them mostly cloudless, EV was the winner gaining 41kWh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

58Kwhr. Respect!

Only a meager 40.3Kwhr for me off my two systems combined. (first time breaking the 40Kwhr I think)

• Advertisement

Yeah, nice bonus, my car was topped to 100% and WFH Wednesday should see me off PV exclusively for at least another week or so, got 318kms range into the EVs yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Funny old month here, from the sublime to the ridiculous. Overall I'm well ahead of prediction. I estimated based on last year and adjusted for the size increase that I'd get a daily average of 21.5kWh.

9 days to go and I'm currently averaging 26.8kWh. Even allowing for a slower end to the month I reckon I'll come in at about 750kWh, for a daily average of about 24kWh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Another brutal prediction for today

Let's hope tomorrow is also wrong :D

Yeah, the Met Eireann solar forecast well wrong for Dublin mate as well.

Estimate was for 9.7Kwhr and as of 6pm (with another bit to generate of course) I'm at 15.3kwhr. Pity as it's been pretty decent lately. Although tomorrow reporting better than today at 15kwhr ....currently.

I think today's forecast of 10kwh might be correct, currently struggling at 0.8kw and total cloud cover 😓

• Advertisement

I use this also when I want to get an idea (non scientifically) as to how the clouds are doing.

Ireland Visible - Met Éireann - The Irish Meteorological Service

Looks like when you play the loop that it might clear up in 2-3 hrs. I've faith in the forecast today, but right now I'm at 1.3Kw on both systems (house & shed) combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

I've just gone to 20kWh of batteries. So if I just ensure my batteries are 50% full by 08:00 daily, I have enough to get me to midnight on a bad day, and enough space to take all production on a cracker of a day

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Niceday20

That should keep you going alright. What size PV do you have now to feed in 10kWh from 50% to full whilst keeping the house etc supplied?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭championc

Only 3.9kWp. This can easily feed a 10kWh battery for most of the year. So you don't need these 6kWp type systems !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭connesha

Strange, you're not that far away. North Co. Dublin is rockin' this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

Interesting, so you went down the route of smaller PV and larger battery. A less common approach on this forum, but gives you the power you need

Yeah it picked up shortly after, sitting at 17kwh and going.

For house only maybe, but not if you want to charge an EV as well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Slightly off topic. Would those on PV solar panels and have storage battery benefit from the following package?

• Home Electric+ Weekender is a ToU plan that offers free electricity on Saturday or Sunday between 8am to 11pm

On a Saturday or Sunday do the clothes washing and drying; charge the EV; charge the batteries etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

We have successfully moved our washing habits to night Rate. If i ask to chnage this to weekend only i would be an ex-husband for sho. Might work for a couple. But add a few kids and school tracksuits and its no-goer.

Depends if this is as garbage as the bord gais one that says you have a limit of 100kwh per month on the free days (which is 20-25kwh per "free day") which is useless once you have a big battery and and EV as you can easily go over that.

• Advertisement

Yes I could see that it be more suited for a couple.

I was thinking that there be a limit per month. Haven't found anymore details online yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭silver_sky

They'll probably cite some sort of fair use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭paulbok

Broke the forecast for August this morning, a respectable 32kWh in today, even though lots of clouds. 10.5kwh exported.

Still in contract with EI until early October but have started whittling down the various suppliers plans to see which one will suit , but looks like I'll need to stay a bit longer until the deemed export credit comes through.

Need to double check tomorrow but I think that calculated payment (back dated to Feb 15th) will be less than actually exported.

Around 1220kwh exported since Feb 15th, going by their calcs, they'll pay on around 930kwh to date. I'm expecting decent production and export for another 4 weeks or so★, though depending on when exactly they pay out, the reducing exports vs more days calcs, as we head into winter may balance that a bit better.

★ it really ramped up around the March equinox so expecting a similar tail off in September

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

March was exceptional this year. But yeah once October arrives it really starts to tail off.

Wow - the forecast for tomorrow looks right muck for Dublin! 4.4kwhr forecasted

Yup 8kwh so far, worst day of the month so far.

Yup, I'm at 5.1Kwhr at the moment. The forecast for today improved a little by 6am this morning over the estimate yesterday. It increased from 4.4Kwhr yesterday to 4.9Kwhr today at 6am. I'll probably get 6-7Kwhr by the end of day I reckon as it's supposed to clear a little after 4pm in Dublin.

On the bright side tomorrow it's reporting ~20Kwhr for me - I'll take that!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭sligopaul

24kwh here in Sligo so far today !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭allinthehead

18 so far here in East Cork from 3.2 kwp SE and .8 NW

☀️

Advertisement