Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Newbie owner here: How is the Tesla roadside assistance in Ireland? Does anyone rely on it or would you recommend getting AA cover or similar?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

does your insurance company not provide roadside too?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,352 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Excellent. They have a call centre (I think it might be in Amsterdam) open 24h per day and they just engage local tow companies that will flatload your car to either your home, to a tyre place or other garage or to Tesla in Sandyford. I used it twice. Once for a burst valve on a tyre (Teslas don't come with spare wheels) and once because I had a suspension problem and the car couldn't be driven longer distances safely. Didn't cost me a cent, but my car was under warranty.

I went through the AA as a broker, looks like the policy doesn't include Roadside Assistance.

If Tesla Roadside Assistance is enough, I won't bother with AA cover and I'll leave it as-is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭eagerv

I would hope fairly good if needed in earnest, would hope that when you click that option on the phone number that answering would be prompt. Otherwise there is often a long delay trying to get through to them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Good video from Gruber Motors about the Roadster batteries.

Original design life of 10 years, but seeing a lot starting to fail,now table years old. One cell kills the battery if not caught early.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

See Tesla have dropped "Standard" connectivity for life for new car sales, this is separate from "Premium" Connectivity for life which was dropped a few years back. Standard connectivity for new cars is now 8 years.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Lads I'm over in San Francisco and the amount of Tesla's here is mental. Every 4th or 5th car is one. Surprisingly there seems to be more Y's than 3's.

There are modified 3's a plenty as well and a good few guys are using them for their Uber cars.

Plenty of regen on those hills I’d imagine, in car sat nav now takes ambient temperature, wind direction and humidity into account when estimating trip energy required

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

The amount of Teslas in the entire Bay Area is amazing it’s the new Prius 😂 have you noticed many parked with the seats down? I couldn’t believe how many I came across that had been broken into, they smash the fly window to drop the seats so they can see what’s in the boot, seemed to be an epidemic

Wow!! Never saw that now in fairness. Left SF this morning for Yosemite and again the motorway is full of them.

Drove past an SuC site in Santa Barbara earlier. 16 x 250kwh stalls. 15 of them in use!!

See Tesla has commenced Destination charging in the US. V3 charge points only (requires WiFi). Open to all EVs. Charge points appear on Tesla in car Sat Nav with cost quoted. Similar to open SuC in Europe the Tesla App is required for non-Teslas. Another income stream!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I posted that in the tesla FB Ireland group. I'm all for paid destination charging if it increases availability. The requirement in order to charge for destination charging is that the site must have 6 units minimum.

Who knows what the requirement will be going forward, just another way for Tesla to gain income and huge opportunity for provider to earn also.

It would be a great way for a local business to generate income while they are closed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Great to have them on the navigation, and if they're paid they should be more reliable. No point in leaving all that potential revenue for the likes of EasyGo etc...

Oh I agree! But if you read the tesla link, the requirement is 6 units on site in order to enable paid destination charging. I'd be happy to pay if there's a requirement for 6 units and an expectation that they will be working and maintained (since they are revenue generating)

Tesla shareholder meeting

Tesla just made its 3 millionth car. On track to make 1.5 million cars this year, while reaching a running production of 2 million cars per year by the end of this year, meaning around the 2.3-2.5 million cars predicted for next year

Musk would be surprised if Tesla will not have made 100 million cars within 10 years. Now that is some bullish statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭cannco253

How much is this in Ireland now? Are people still paying for it or even using it if allowed?

• Advertisement

We didnt get the last price increase so I doubt we'll get this one. We arent getting the added functionality

There are only about 150k-200k Teslas in the FSD beta program and only in the USA and Canada. Some optimists say though that there will be about a million by the end of the year, possibly in Europe too

I long time frowned upon the progress, but the latests versions of FSD beta are becoming scarily good. It behaves like a very careful human driver. Earlier versions had a lot of jerkiness and hesitance but with the very latest 10.69 version that seems hugely improved.

$15k is a lot to ask for software that is yet only available to a small group though, but this would change if it got statutory approval and Tesla would be responsible for any accidents (level 4 autonomous driving). It will happen at some stage, could be soon enough, could be years away.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

I bought 2019 M3LR second hand a year or so ago and previous owner had shelled out for FSD so I’m waiting to see what will happen in this regard over next year or two. Won’t hold my breath though. A lot of regulatory stuff to squash I expect. Not much use yet that’s for sure.

I bought an inventory M3 SR+ with FSD already enabled in the spec, so I didn't bother to take it out. It is a nice to have feature, but there are several EU safety regulations that mean that it feels a little more than lane assist / traffic aware cruise control for now.

I wouldn't be rushing to shell out $15k for it at as it stands in the EU

I wouldn't spend €1,500 on it, never mind €15k

It's not near 15,000 in the EU as the regulations disable most of the features. All it has currently over base AP is the lane change and NoA option. EAP at 3800 offers the same functionality for half the price. I'll be getting EAP on the new 3 we ordered. Obviously not including it in the order as it would disqualify from the grant!

Even at the €7,500 price in EU, I still could not in good conscience recommend it.

As you said, EAP is 'good enough' and ordering it post-purchase saves you going over the grant limit.

And let's not forget that if you ever sell the car, the FSD stays with the car so you will lose it. To get benefit out of it, you need a long vision and the plan to keep your car for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Personally I can’t see any value in it unless it was tied to your account for life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭eagerv

Would it not add value to the car when you are selling it? Probably won't get anywhere like the full value of it.

Anyway, for me it's not an issue, as wouldn't spec it. I find I am not even using the standard autopilot very much🙂

Advertisement