Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The awfulness of the "Be kind" social media mob

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

But you wouldn't hold the belief that black people are inferior to white people right klaz. Or that black people are inherently more violent than white people. Right?

Disagreed on what you say about misogyny. I'm not someone who finds misogyny everywhere, like e.g. mere criticism of a woman. And I can't stand terms like "mansplaining". But there is definitely a contingent here who clearly hate women, and happily say really derogatory things about us. Mods and admins do nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Yep. I'm sure I'll get done for it soon.

You're correct. Misandry is rife here. Suck it up klaz. Grow some balls.

The be kind idea I love.

Not the fecking hashtag bleeding version which people hang flags out a window to show how amazing they are. Might as well be a rainbow or Ukrainian flag for how many fecks they give.

Listen, I'm not going to make you believe I'd break down in tears if something happened to you and I'd be really annoyed if you cried for me, but what I will say is I'd help you if I saw you in distress on the edge of the road. (actually not directed at you individually klaz).

Can't see how the misandry levels here match the misogyny levels - there aren't women starting threads about how awful men are. I only have brothers, and I can't stand anti-men bullsh1t, but I'm just not seeing the same level of misandry as misogyny.

Nope. I wouldn't. Nor I have I ever made such statements, or assumed that kind of position.

So, I guess I could follow up with, you wouldn't make up shite just to score some imaginary points, alluding to racism, when you have no evidence to support such a position?

• Advertisement

Yeah, that was a bizarre (and meanspirited) comment - where is there any evidence that you would have such a view? Because obviously that's what they're alluding to.

It again comes from the "More conservative than me = racist" philosophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Flinging shıt and hoping some of it sticks is a pathetic posting style.

And the exact same thing happens with regards to misandry. It's the effect that the social sciences, and social media has had on the internet. The Internet tends to bring out the extremes. Oh, and those with misandrist attitudes tend to escape any kind of censor from the mods too. Although, I would say that those who are accused of misogyny are more likely to get warned/banned by the mods. Not always, but more often than those with nasty attitudes towards men.

No, it's the approach that says we must discredit/destroy anyone who doesn't agree with their point of view.

After all, I can't post anything to negate what he claimed, except for the request for evidence. Which he will ignore, or deflect away from. It's a sly tactic. Not terribly surprised.. it's a tactic that has been used a few times already on the thread, without any evidence being produced to support the claims..

Nah. He'll likely quote me on something taken piecemeal out of a paragraph, without any context, and perhaps even without taking the whole sentence, and then, seek to tell us all what I seem to mean. Naturally he has this wonderful ability to read between the lines, and know what I'm thinking.

Believing there is an inherent culture of gangs in Africans is racism.

You have had other comments I deemed racist deleted in the past by mods I can share that content with you by pm if you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Or quote a full post but insist it says something different to what you typed.

You deemed! Doff my cap to you your heinous.

Racism is something I can't stand or will take part in. If klaz has said that I'd not want to be associated with them.

Back to the thread. You don't seem very kind. You have constantly said words and sayings that are quite vulgar with no proof.

It's cowardice in my opinion.

Referring to the existence of gang culture within both African-American, and African cultures is not racist. It does exist.

Although, thank you, because you've proven my point about crying racism rather than arguing against a position made.

Also, you're shifting goalposts. Your original questions/claims don't relate to the quoted piece. Where is the racial superiority? Or my saying Black people are more violent than white people?

And no.. I have no interest having you dirty my inbox with your BS. It's not what you deem racist btw.. it's what would normally be accepted as being racist. You've been throwing out accusations of racism for years, usually relating to points of view that weren't racist. You're not exactly an impartial or fair judge of racism as it was meant to be applied.

I call Boards BINGO on shifting the goalposts!

Although granted I had claimed you would use moving the goalposts but its close enough.

You stated the questions:

But you wouldn't hold the belief that black people are inferior to white people right klaz. Or that black people are inherently more violent than white people. Right?

You did not provide any evidence of these things. I'm holding you to the points you made... you're the one trying to wiggle away it.

I offered to pm you the evidence from the deleted post you said no.

So it seems we are in a catch 22 situation. You claim you want the evidence but you don't want me to send it.

Have you ever tried moving goalposts? Hefty feckers. Kudos to klaz for doing so often apparently.

Now, back to you person of #bekind. Would you kindly respond to my previous post to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

”What you think about my racist posts doesn’t matter, it’s what I think.”

Give it up, mate.

You can see the context of the post, and the post itself in the Multiculturalism in Ireland thread. And no, Robbies interpretation of what I said isn't accurate.

There is nothing racist in what I posted, as I simply stated the existence of gangs within those cultures, and some reasons why that is so. I didn't state any negative opinions about those gangs existing or reflect on Black people themselves.

Robbie just likes to twist things.

So it isn't about Cork people? Shower of feckers.

Edit: I'm working on being kind.

• Advertisement

Post it to the thread. You had no issue throwing associations of racism publicly at me. At least, others will be able to see me tear your claims apart.

That would be in breach of forum rules so no.

I provided a recent example already that still exists on boards.

I would say that there is a historical/generational culture towards the acceptability of gangs within "Black" communities.

The huge majority like 99% of black communities do not participate in gangs so no it is not an acceptable part of black communities.

What did I say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Going back to the topic again, I think this latest detour highlights the real problem that a lot of people have with the bekind proponents.

Namely that “civility” trumps all, even when topics are being discussed that people are genuinely passionate about.

So while a poster like me thinks that white supremacy/racism is disgusting and will rail against it using harsh terms, I will obviously promote being kind to everyone else.

Other people then who don’t really hold any real opinions (bar “can’t we all just get along”) will think that the posters from the former group are being “rude” and “uncivil” and accuse them of bullying or hypocrisy because they don’t think that the softy-softy approach to crypto-fascists is appropriate.

There is a certain cohort of people who want to post vile, racist dogwhistles online with impunity, all the while hiding behind a veneer of respectability and civility. They think #bekind is hypocritical because they’re such insincere frauds themselves they don’t believe anyone can actually be rude to racists and kind to someone else.

I'm not going to argue about the post here. That would also be against the forum rules. If you want to discuss it, come over to the Multiculturalism in Ireland thread. I seem to remember you posted something to that thread recently, so I assume your threadban has been lifted (or just use one of your other accounts).

You failed to provide anything to support your claims. As usual.

That Gubu post from an account named "Woke Hogan" was interesting. Since we can post tweets, Facebook posts etc, I'm sure a screenshot from there is OK?

Who's got a problem with robustly challenging racism, homophobia, transphobia, misogyny? That's a very different thing to condemning people for preaching kindness and then being extremely nasty themselves for no reason.

(I admit I'm reacting to a windup).

Nope ill take an infraction to call out racist crap that is why you seen my post. Still banned buddy.

#saynotoracism

• Registered Users Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The problem is that whenever someone deviates even slightly from agreeing with somebody who operates the way you outlined above all sorts of things are instantly associated with them.

"you don't agree with X so you must be Y".

That's problematic because as is seen so often on this site once you for instance think the BLM riots in 2020 were beyond a reasonable protest you must be a paid up member of the KKK and before that can be proven you're fair game for all sorts of abuse.

Everything is black and white, no shades of grey and no amount of rational discussion ever makes you anything but a racist/homophobic/transphobic/misogynistic/gammon/right wing snowflake.

And you wonder why someone would be interested in starting a thread about that behavior? And of course they're wrong for even considering it by your logic.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement