Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I always considered Michael Oliver one of the best refs they had in England however since the introduction of VAR his level has dropped to well below a standard that should be reffing top class football.

He is letting VAR and the ref in his ear control the game it looks like to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Milner has to be hooked. Elliot is a gem doing everything he can in there. Why are we starting games so slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

United hitting the post should have been the wake up call needed but they just kept playing the same bloody way and the goal eventually came.

Teams are now just suffocating us when we attack with bodies in the way and hitting us on quick counters.

2 years ago our defence could deal with but now every attack against us is nearly a goal scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Lack of options really showing up now.

Can't believe how bad the midfield is. For years the solid midfield was almost a given in every game. And there's more holes than a sponge tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

This game has a feeling of 10 years ago being away to Burnley and basically a reserves team not getting a whiff of the box, nevermind a shot at goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Xander10

If Konate and Matip were fit, they would be the two starters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The worst part is that I can't see a way out of this.

Even last week it was heroball by Diaz that got us the draw.

I can't see it through any period of team play or a move.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

Fabinho has to come on for Milner, they are useless so we can still win.

What is ridiculous is we have Klopp till summer of 2026 & it is starting to look like we need a rebuild.

Next summer Milner, Ox, Keita and Firmino's contracts expire. Hendo is already 32, Thiago is injury prone and will be 31...who plays in midfield besides Fabinho.

Milner should not have had a year extension and Elliot should be coming on with 30 mins to go when the game is open to showcase his passing and vision.

The sending off of Nunez is a massive loss for this game also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Shocking half. Continues the level shown in the Palace game really, really passive and laid back, defending for the goal a joke, Virgil standing watching Sancho 8 yards out and let him pick his spot. We are missing players, but that selection is still better than this United outfit, especially with their confidence low.

Last 10 minutes were a bit better, Robbo had been terrific and had led the way. Not much to come from the bench though, how can we change the game?

Matip's form last season help hide that VVD never came back to the same level he was at before his injury.

He is still top class however he needs someone to help cover for his level now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Fab for Milner is the obvious change. Carvalho the only other one capable of changing the game off the bench. We need to keep this tempo from the off 2nd half. Keep them penned in and we'll get back in it.

Hopefully!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

In sorry I don't buy it with Elliott

What has Elliott created this week or last, it's like it's hip to say, Elliott been great but what has he done keeps the ball with safe passing but other can do that and add more strength and legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Doesn’t even need to be a quick counter. You can play a slow ball down Trent’s wing as he won’t be there or he’ll have gone to sleep. Teams have been doing that for 2 seasons now been at fault for every big goal since the ECL final in Paris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

100%, VVD has been so far below his best for ages now.

Watching the goal, TAA is asleep, he is just jogging around the pitch. There is no doubting his quality going forward, but he has been a liability defensively in all three matches so far.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The reason we came back into that in the last 10 minutes was purely because they ran out of steam after all their efforts earlier in the game rather than us figuring anything out.

Milner needs to come off, I'm pretty sure he's given the ball away almost every time he's touched it, and you have to watch him tackle through gritted teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

For the contract he signed I would be expecting more from Salah too. He's still not the same player pre AFCON.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Completely agree. He was neat and tidy versus Palace for sure but haven't seen anything tonight.

Milner, altho he is clearly struggling in there, is challenging for headers or trying to get tackles in. Neither performance is enough but I haven't seen enough from Elliott at all.

Can only pray Fab is fit enough and Salah can get into the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

This United performance is like ours for most of the 90's when it was roles reversed. We have a chance here if we keep our heads. Just keep knocking at the door and hopefully a chance falls to one of the front three. After the first 20 minutes we dominated them and I suspect it will continue the 2nd half. We will hopefully still have enough for them the 2nd half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm was half thinking of just doing Fabinho on for Milner but put him CB and Gomez RB and have Trent roaming CM like the last day.

Can't be as bad as the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

We look as likely to concede again as score an equaliser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its ridiculous we have to start him again. Milner is a player City had as a utility man they let go 8 years ago. How is Klopp expected to compete with this midfield. Its pointless saying but keita and thiago are injured, they constantly are, this is our midfield for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Why did we need to see Henderson and Milner in the same team again?

Completely obliterated in that first 20 minutes.

By McTominay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

This Gillette ad on repeat x 10 does my nut in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

I agree. I can't believe how vital Mane now seems to have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Yeah the Salah thing is odd he's just not the same. The end of last season he still looked sharp in general play but his goalscoring has deserted him. Seems to be continuing into this season. Very worrying start to the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'd take a postponement now if it was being offered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Watched the goal there, VVD didn't even try and get a block in. Hard to say it, but he appears really leggy now. Worse thing was us beating city a few weeks back, they look so shaky.

Now, martial is coming on. Don't think he's played well since he scored against us..!!!!

• Advertisement

I think Salah needs to play more central now he is ineffective out on the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Elliott is playing too safe, he has all the talent in the world he just needs to be let loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I know injuries and all that but people didn’t want Hendo and Milner in midfield together 3 years ago. 3 years later and they are still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just after seeing Alisson being caught out as well as Milner for their goal. He won’t get a lot of blame for it because he probably wouldn’t have saved it anyway, but he was badly fooled by Sancho. Took a huge dive to his left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Milner😡

The biggest thing about Mane is he gives an extra option in behind. Constantly.

As brilliant as Diaz is, he comes short nearly all of the time. Easier to defend that as a team, as you can slow him down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Milner was like a tank turning to shoot there.

So there was no protest or walkout after all that talk from the United fans. Funny how it coincided with their new £400k a week signing, fickle isn’t the word.

We're also finding out why Goez is 4th choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

How is our shooting always so poor, brutal, takes about 10 attacks to score a goal with us lately, so so blunt

Shocking defending yet again. Hendo miscontrols to put them away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Get Gomez off, now.

Get fcuking rid of him

Looked offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Good night to this game

Henderson again.

TAA in Utd half when goal scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Joe Gomez is poison. Christ almighty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,693 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Leaning kept him on, I thought the same based on feet

Must say it looked offside to the naked eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Gomez is awful.

Really can't read a game at all

“It’s tight” says Tyler, it’s clearly offside.

• Advertisement
Advertisement