Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

I'm planning on purchasing the Knight's Castle set for a "build as a family" thing. My wife's old King's Castle set from the 80s is a popular toy when visiting granny's. Do you reckon I'd be better waiting a week then going to the Lego shop, or ordering it now from lego.com? I do plan on visiting the shop when it all quietens down, but a 10min queue would be enough to turn me off, let alone queueing for a ticket to return at a later time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭omri

If youre waiting a week might as well order online. You’ll get pirates and treasures freebie and dont have to travel to town. Unless you want to visit the store in person. Not sure if vip points are added inmediately in the store then I guess you can pick up something worth €20 there and then by cashing in the 3k vip pts. Which you cant so online (you’ll need to wait till set ships).

Buy online and have the VIP points ready to cash in when I visit the store seems the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

If your spending that big would you not wait until next month there might be some GWP with a spend of over a certain amount. I know the pirate polybag but might be something nice on top of that if you hold off and wait and see if something mentioned in a YouTube video for stuff like that.

Yeah be more smyths etc. Prices will rise from next mth. Hopefully from tomorrow that silly ticket system is over with and they don't continue it until the school holidays end.

• Advertisement

Too late, I've ordered ;)

I want the set for the last few days before the end of the school holidays, taking a couple days off work and my daughter's summer camp is done. Otherwise I'd have waited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Sorry to abruptly change topic but I found some 30 year old lego in a plastic bag in my parents shed a while ago. No manuals, all pieces filthy. Washed and cleaned it and spent a while scouring the internet trying to find out what sets they are. Surprisingly most pieces were there. This is the result of my labour: god, I loved these sets when I was a kid!

Those were good times for being a kid who played with lego.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Got in at the 3pm slot yesterday. Shop is awesome, staff all very nice and a good atmosphere.

Picked up the castle and the Jurassic Park Diorama, got the store GWP and the VIP Pirate gift too.

I'll be back many times haha

Just remember with GWP do 2 separate or more purchases if what you are buying is hitting over the threshold if you have multiple sets your buying as you might as well get multiple free GWP either doing this online or instore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Just out of Lego store.. wrist bands gone but big queues still.. Queue was about 40 mins outside , bigger when we where leaving .. then when inside there was a 15 mins queue to go upstairs which had pick a brick, and the mini figure station.

couldn’t get a photo of pick a brick for the person who had asked as there always one or two people in front of it. They had a 1x1 water type colour, see through blue one.

The Lego shop GWP was still available today while stocked last so was delighted to get that and the Lego truck. They didn’t actually have the sets I had in mind to get when going in ( was hoping for one of Medieval blacksmith, boutique hotel or police station€) but picked up horizon forbidden west and sonic set, as they where ones I had further down my list and really wanted the Lego shop Free gift..

The build a mini figure thing had big queues so didn’t go near it, will maybe make another trip up next month some stage when the hype dies down.

Was in Dublin yesterday. Queue was crazy when I got there. Gardai got involved and had the queue moved across from the Lego store all the way down Grafton St. I couldn't be bothered queuing and getting packed into the store, so I'll go back bright and early some morning I'm in Dublin when the schools are back. I did want that Lego van GWP though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah, went up after work about half five-ish yesterday, they still had the barriers out the Lego shop itself. I don't recall seeing crowd barriers outside Dunnes across the street but I wasn't really looking that way. Guy at the door wasn't letting anyone in even though there was no more than a half dozen outside and it wasn't particularly busy inside. I'll have another look on the way home again, just because it is on the way...... and I want the VIP Delivery Truck...... and it is on the way.

Yeah I was hoping to get in but with crowds the way they are I am goin in on Monday. I will miss out with the GWP but I won't be buying any sets in there until there is a free GWP and I saw there is a nice castaway set coming out in October for 120 it seems so I will keep my eyes peeled for that. No point in spending in lego store until you can get a free GWP. Spent enough as it is this month on lego but if I could of gotten in by Wednesday I would of spent enough to get the free GWP truck. Problem is with the lego store on the wkends it will be packed nó matter what. So unless you can get into there when kids are in school it will be packed anyhow on the days there off.

Given up on the idea of getting in this week to get the GWP. Went up again at lunchtime but they are still doing wristband timed entry. No queue, not crowded inside, just someone saying no. Nothing left for today at half oneish, and all he had for tomorrow was 9am's, 10am's, and 12.15, which aren't exactly great for anyone doing a 9-5 job.

I really want that castaway GWP too, maybe even a couple of them. I'll hold off buying much until it's out in October but I'm hoping that the sets on my wishlist don't go up in price after the European price increase on Lego from 1st September. I was going to pull the trigger on a couple of them yesterday, just to get the GWPs, but don't have the patience for queuing :) Lego.com all the way baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Did anyone see the starwars minifigure packs, 40557/40558 in stock at the lego store, wondering if there is a limit on the amount you can buy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

managed to get a wrist band for today, got the home alone set in fears that I’ve seen it’s gonna increase in price soon… lovely store! The upstairs for pick a brick and mini fig was insanely busy! They don’t have any more of the gwp stores, only the van & pirate set.

they were saying that the guards told them yesterday that they had to bring the ticket system back or they would shut the shop down due to q’s to get in….

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

I want to pick up the Home Alone set too as it looks like it will go up to €299.

Are there likely to be any more offers like double points or GWP before the end of the month? Or is the pirate treasure thing online the best to hope for?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

FFS was planning on bringing the kids there on Sunday because I figured it would be a bit quieter bit it sounds like it's still nuts!!

• Advertisement

Taking Monday off and bringing the kids in as well. Be mad then as well. Problem is every wkend will be mad in there as kids be off school. I am hoping Monday won't be as bad with kids getting ready for school

I caved.... got an earlier bus than normal into town on the way to work this morning, and ended up getting a wristband for lunchtime. I just want that little truck 😄

I don't know how far you'd be coming from, but if you got to Grafton Street for half eightish, there was no problem getting bands for 9am, or presumably anytime today.

3hr queue as of now 11:30

Going to aim to be there for opening time Monday morning if queues are still this mad.

Just got out of the store. Apart from the crowds, build your minifig (which was just swarmed by people and in state of such a mess that it would take 15 min to find pieces you want) and pick a brick (somewhat odd collection of pieces) - its more or less like smyths just branded with lego everywhere. Managed to get couple of GWP trucks but didn’t get the pirates freebie where I apparently should. So all in all somewhat so so experience after all the hype.

Aye, I was just in and out yesterday. I knew what two speed champions sets I was getting for €40 each to get me over the €75 for the truck. Will be back for a good look around once all the kids are back in school. Didn't go near the build a minifig, or the minifig factory printer, or PAB wall. Got one set, no sign of the other. No staff on the floor downstairs, just on the tills and out at the barrier. Went upstairs and asked one of the lads up there if he knew if there were any more of x out back. He hadn't a breeze and wasn't exactly volunteering to go and check. Went back downstairs to see if anything else on my wants list was handy and there was another chap bringing an armful of boxes out to restock. Caught his eye and showed him a picture of it and he said he'd go have a look once he got rid of what he was carrying. Came back out with my box and more to fill the empty space. Top marks to him, took note of his name for the feedback survey. Had to remind the girl on the till about the VIP truck and she hadn't a breeze what I was asking when I asked her about the Pirates and Treasure gwp. She also took a few liberties putting her own name down on the till receipt instead of asking if anyone had helped me out.

Smyths on Jervis Street and Lego on Grafton Street would both be handy for me in work so could choose either and unless there is a huge price difference I suppose I'd go with Lego Shop directly because they are going to give me clubcard points but equally I know what I want and am not likely to go in on a whim and be spending big money.

The factory printer was out if order apparently they had some issues with it since day 1 so they switched it off. I get your point with the staff but in fairness its been hectic from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Might have been posted elsewhere on the forum, apologies if so, but thought this was fantastic.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Got a storage drawer unit from argos for the legos. Any recommendation for custom dividers for the drawers? The units I got in argos is called Really Useful 8 drawer unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

was there at same slot…..my poor bank balance. Two hogwarts sets, the guitar for husband and two smaller Jurassic sets.

All done in two purchases to get two vip sets and two shops. Everyone had a ball

Advertisement