Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenagers with no value for life and no care for repercussions - **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Another day, another act of scumbaggery - suspects ranging from 15-18 years of age.

Nothing in the media regarding the wider issue of course, no no we couldn’t possibly have a pragmatic conversation about these little scrotes and the damage they’re doing to our society. That wouldn’t be very PC at all.

Best just give them more dole and hope that maybe then they won’t attack people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Again, if only these kids had that cancelled white-water rafting centre to go with all their football pitches, basketball courts, boxing clubs, sport groups and other facilities around sherrif st, then maybe they wouldn't have to spend all evening hopping on innocent people's heads. It would be a travesty to try and put them in jail/oberstown now, it wasnt really their fault, sure just give them a free house next to mammy and endless mickey money to produce more. Maybe one will grow to be a net contributor to society in 20 years, and sure then, won't it will all be worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

When is enough, enough?

Hope each are identified & zero tolerance given in court, in fact make an example & get them off the streets for years - Complete scum. Seriously angry at how these filth rule the streets day in day out & SFA done by so called authorities.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/man-29-in-critical-condition-following-brutal-random-assault-at-luas-stop/ar-AA10sIys?li=BBr5KbJ

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

That area was supposed to be dead posh and gentrified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Feck all will happen them, wait for it. Slap on the wrist. Only if the victim suffers permanent damage or worse will anything be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Female societal parasites seem to always be pushing prams while the male societal parasites are walking close by rolling cigarettes and drink monster. People who would fight a stranger at the drop of a hat but would run a mile from an honest day's work.

Their offspring are more than likely going to take after one or the other parent and also become a nuisance at a minimum and right up to a dangerous criminal.

I would propose anyone who has more than 5 convictions is sterilised. It sounds harsh but it's easily avoidable. Don't repeatedly break the law.

Scum needs to be bred out of society.

I feel for people who have to live in their neighbourhoods - what a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I read from the Irish Mirror website recently that another gay man was verbally and physically assaulted by a couple of teenagers while travelling on a bus in Dublin. He was travelling home with a few of his friends after finishing a night out in Dublin. He, along with his friends, were travelling home by bus from the City Centre to Tempelogue.

An altercation had ensued on the bus between the teenagers and the victims. The gay male victim had suffered injuries to his nose during the attack. He was admitted to St James Hospital for treatment for his injuries. There are also photographs within the article of his shoes covered in drips of blood from the attack.

I cannot link the article at the moment. However the teenage thugs who carried out this attack really do need to have all of the sh1t flung back at them after carrying out this horrible attack on this young man.

He along with his friends had a great night out in Dublin ruined by these little scumbags. If the Gardai are looking at the reports of this attack right in front of them. They must be tearing their hair out in anger if they are not able to administer a proper form of punishment to these scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

load of shite talk yawn , and heroin ain't a chem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Deee-Leeet

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

That's wishful thinking. I know of an attack that was carried out based on one of the grounds of discrimination. One of Gardai investigating told the two culprits, "don't say ye attacked the person based on the ground of discrimination that they did" or they would get a longer sentence. Take this as fact or fiction which ever you like. But the Gospel truth that happened and it's common.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Roxxers lol you're sooo funny. You sound like great fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Everlong1

The Irish Times wants to hear about your experiences of anti-social behaviour.

Have your say: Have you experienced antisocial behaviour in Dublin city? – The Irish Times

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Id want to hear from the people who spend time in the city centre and have not experienced any, where do they hide out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Most of them are good decent people who just want to work hard and look after their families but there a small percentage who ruin it for everyone. I agree with sterilising any men with say 3 convictions. We have to start tackling these thugs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I have not experienced any real antisocial behaviour in town. I see drug users falling around the place and I see groups that would generally be considered rough and intimidating. This is not pleasant, but I haven't actually witnessed any actual trouble of any kind. I go to O'Connell Street, Henry Street, Mary Street, Abbey Street. I get the bus on Tara Street and walk across the Rosie Hackett Bridge. I would also be around Pearse Street and occasionally Dame Street, Grafton Street.

I have experienced antisocial behaviour in the West Dublin and North Kildare suburbs though, where I live and work.

Me not actually witnessing any trouble, or knowing anyone affected, doesn't mean I don't believe it's an issue though. Of course when I see reported incidents such as those mentioned here I find it very upsetting and worrying. I see the videos, I know it's happening. I will be attending a gig in the Point on my own in December and I am having second thoughts given serious attacks reported up that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It only takes one or two households in an area to drag the whole place down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

As I was saying in the LGBT forum on this, yet again, like other recent homophobic attacks, NO description was given of the assailants.

This shows there is something rotten is way we deal with crime, specially youth crime.

• Advertisement

I can't imagine how I would cope with loosing my sight in an eye, no mind both. It would completely debilitate me in my sporting interests no mind generally. I suffer from glaucoma and have some damage in my left eye optic never before it was detected when I was 27yo. I do live in fear of it getting worse despite the medication I take every day to control my eye pressure which causes it. If it gets worse it would send me on a spiral of depression, I can't see how I'd ever get over it.

As I said in another thread recently, youths that cause physical harm to a human being should be treated like adult criminals. Held in a youth prison, not a youth detention centre.

Lets get real, they are untamed, like an animal. The social reasons for that can be addressed but the fact it it's too late for some of them. The only way to tame them is by harsh punishment, not mollycoddling and sympathy for their social background.

By harsh punishment I don't mean corporal punishment, I mean giving them an understanding how their lives will turn out if they don't turn themselves around. And that can be done by sending them to a youth prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Ah yeah but that's our fault because no faciliteez

I'm just amazed there hasn't been more things like this with the amount of them hanging around there since Covid hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,534 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Seems to be a worrying increase in people dying whilst on nights out.

I'm so glad I am past that stage of my life.

Is physical assault now so common on our streets outside pubs?

The problem these days is that youngsters are coked off there heads when they are out. Look at a lad the wrong way now and they are more then likely to turn on you. We have a massive drug problem amongst our youth these days and its only going to get worse.

Not even a file being prepared for the DPP, released pending referral to the youth diversion program. Who gets to decide on that ffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

They have to be referred to the Youth Diversion Programme first, they decide if a file is to be sent forward to the DPP.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's a hard one to call really. There are certain assaults now and we only hear about them because they only get picked up because the victim posts about it on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Literally nobody i know is bothering with town for a night out these days. Unless there is a specific event there.. Everyone is just going back to having house parties, the local or a combination of the two…

safety concerns and rip off concerns.

• Advertisement

I've never been a coke user but I never heard it made one violent?

Anyway, coke is still not the problem. The problem is why are youths running amok around the city's/towns in the first place, whether that's by day or night.

Advertisement