Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Very glad it's gone cloudy. The sunlight was giving me a headache, and the heat had my throat dry and raspy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,616 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Chelsea vs Tottenham game, 95 minutes of quality football, agro, incident, drama and sublime entertainment.

always had the Chelsea manager Tuchel down as a bit of a class A c**t … Absolutely proved it and some, basically assaulting the manager of the opposition at the end when Conte tried to shake hands…Absolutely zero class.

and the ref bottling it sending them both off, typical incompetence but still great entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Had a great weekend in Cork, brilliant concert, great friends and all the laughing and chatting that the weekend entailed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Lovely rain on the fields and garden. It will be great to see everything fresh and green again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Cracker of a thunderstorm last night. Flash,rumble, lash, blow, repeat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I could go on and on about this but for now, more that th that my breast exam was normal!(having worked myself into an unnecessary state for two and a half days)

Backed up by my mamo being so recent.

TW BB getting on her soapbox, ppl with breast tissue, take all of the state funded testing you are eligible for.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

My hole isn't a hole anymore! 😁

Taking forever to set though.

I'll finish it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,461 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Ireland winning the Aga Khan today!!! Great performance by the riders and horses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Summer holidays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Spending time with people you love

• Advertisement

im loving how technology is now absolutely shafting back the entertainment industry, an industry that has been shafting the public / consumer for absolute aeons.

when I think during the ‘90’s and early to mid 2000’s how much I spent on CDs and DVDs… thousands… then Spotify and Netflix shake everything up….

i think I’m paying 180 a year for Netflix and about 162 for Spotify premium…. Which considering the use both get, Spotify daily and Netflix about four times weekly. 342 euros a year… nothing.

Many musical artists are in a huff cause god forbid they have now to work harder to make the money, gig a bit more, get out there and play and ‘earn’ instead of just watching their bank balances expand… de facto….

god forbid we’d not be creaming ourselves to make multimillionaires out of people and companies ….the horror. 🥳

nice to see technology working to benefit the masses, consumers.😎

You could have Spotify premium for €36 a year if you were.....let's say a member of a "family" cough cough.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I suppose the difference was that in the 90s you got a copy of the film/album you could keep for yourself with no time limits. Now you're at the mercy of those companies who only keep the stuff accessible for x amount of time and then remove it and you can only access them while you have an active subscription. You are basically paying for a juke box and a video rental.

I have Spotify and I still buy vinyl.

At least 2 LP's a week.

I just find listening to vinyl that bit better. The whole experience.

I suppose my TH is buying/playing vinyl. 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

With vinal it's impossible to surf through tracks and you have to settle down to listen. So you are getting a whole album experience as intended by the creator and you appreciate it fully.

With Spotify I find I just jump around and end up listening to a greatest hits of stuff I already know. I've stopped listening to new albums even though I've access to most of them. Crazy stuff. Makes you very impatient.

Note to self: start listening to new albums again !!

What I like about Spotify is when I finish listening to an album it plays random stuff related to it.

I love when stuff I haven't heard for years and have completely forgotten about pops up.

Tea and digestive biscuits ☺️

I like the lyrics sing a long feature in Spotify. Great for actually seeing what the lyrics are and for a good auld sing song ☺️

Very very true…

but if you are going on a work trip / solo trip only so many CDs you can bring.

going for a walk / jog in the park now you just need a phone and headset.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The answer is, of course, as many as you can carry. I remember going on a day trip to Inishbofin with a cassette player (not a walkman, they cost too much) and 32 tapes which I carried around in a satchel. I had my own soundtrack to the island. :)

• Advertisement

Something that makes me happy is hardback books with a pleasant font and a bookmark ribbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I used to get awful slagging for doing similar to this, but I loved the randomness of pulling a few cd's out of the collection to listen to on my epic 5 mile walks. Some I would never have had time to appreciate if I hadn't done it this way.

My ta today is that they were able to unfreeze my atm card in a second once I got through!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Every day I listen to music in three ways

Spotify or iTunes

Turntable

CD player

It’s great to have the choice. It’s never been either / or for me. I still buy records and CDs at least twice a week, sometimes more often.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This happened last week but I was sat on a bench feeling really sad when all of a sudden a tabby cat appeared and jumped up on the bench beside me and sat there for a bit and then started headbutting my leg and hand 😁 made me Th.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A bunch of flowers, cheap and cheerful, I love having flowers in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭mikemac2

A manager drove me home from work. My TH was his car

It is very small English classic sportscar called a Lotus Elise

It is quite old, over 20 years and he treats it like a toy for weekend and spins

First time in my life I was in a sport cars or anything that low to the ground.

I was just the passenger and we had the car roof off so couldn’t talk but I had a blast. It was great fun

I’m not a motor head or care much for cars but I loved my spin in this little English sports car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

If it makes me happy it is not trivial..

It is far far far from happy I am.. a million miles and then another million...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

ah no... Silence is sweet... I wake in the night when it is so utterly wondrously SILENT and just lie there rapt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm off work this week, and for the first time since before Covid, I'm staying away from home for more than one night. Just settling into my hotel with a lovely sea-view. And the weather is lovely... 😎

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Going exploring in the car and ending up driving along a very unused but picturesque road along a lake that we hadn't expected!

Advertisement