Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guinness Surger

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,741 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Was it Murphys or Beamish that used to have the ad slogan "Consistency in a world gone mad" ? 🙂

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hadn't bought any cans in a few weeks was drinking spirits at home instead but taught id get 6 pack of the nitro cans for the weekend.

Had three today all **** muck. Every one of them was flat with this horrible sour mank taste. I was not having this issue when these cans were first released more often than not you were getting a great pint from the nitros and something just as good from the normal cans via the pin method. I've changed glass I've cleaned them I dunno how many different ways it's a joke at this stage and I'm done buying them for a good while at least in the hope they might hopefully improve. Never have I ever fucked half a pint down the sink until tonight! If only I could get to a decent pub more often ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Personally think it's the greatest marketing swindle in history.

Those 538ml cans at Christmas with the thumb tack trick worked better than the nitro cans ever did for me.

Guinness nitro is not nice..nothing to do with where they can it or brew it.

Surger gives a nice cream head on the beer so 10/10 for that but the actual cans are muck.

As I said, whoever dreamt it up should be rewarded handsomely because its an epic swindle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

TBH I find them good, glass needs to be just washed in hot water, unit clean and fully charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

They where very good at the start there shite now and the normal cans are not much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,741 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Can anyone explain how a nitrosurge can without a widget costs a lot more than a nitrogen-charged can with a widget...?

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I guess they reckon people will pay a premium for something supposedly closer to the pub experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭wassie

Also production numbers would be significantly lower, meaning a higher unit cost. But as above, price gouging would be the biggest factor I suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Paying a premium for the "domage" in a pint glass bolloxology ultimately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭ablelocks

some of it is because there's 568ml in the surger cans, and 500ml in the normal widget cans

8 x 500ml widget cans / 6 x 568ml surger cans are both €15 in tesco currently - the 6 pack of surgers is the equivalent of 6.8 normal cans

sometimes the 8 packs go on sale, but i've never seen the surger cans on offer on their own

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Hungry Burger

I find the quality of the surger cans has fallen significantly since launch, I can’t notice the difference between them and the normal cans. I find the widget Beamish cans to be creamier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Same, the Beamish are noticeably better, I've switched over completely the last few months (and I'd be a Guinness person so no sort of inherent prejudice). Lidl has the four pack reduced every few weeks too.

The Beamish has way more air (nitrogen?) in them though and takes an age to release with the pin, even when you think it's empty there's still a bit left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Is there supposed to be a noise from the nitrosurge? Mines deathly quiet and pints are decent but I thought they'd be something coming from it if it's forcing the Guinness out

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's not forcing the Guinness out, it's shaking it with ultrasound. Ultrasound is famously not very loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

🤣🤣

Ok I had a different idea of what was happening.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement