Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 4 Transfer Thread

• 21-08-2022 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Need to sort out my midfield big time

Still have Mount Bruno G and Neto stinking it up and losing money I don't want to WC yet

Thinking Bruno G out for Rodrigo and might take a hit to get rid of Mount

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Is Gundogan the City midfielder we should be jumping on? Or just a purple patch early in the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Will probably roll the transfer and start Bailey at home to west ham. Then look to get him out for someone like Zaha/Rodrigo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Mount has to go, possibly for Rodrigo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Mount and Neto here too, but I have two FTs. Might go to Rodrigo and Groß. Potter is fond of an oul rotation though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Wild card activated,OR of 4.5m,Spurs trio not clicking is stinking it up along with 3others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Grealish to Rodrigo before price swings.

Will prob to Neco Williams to Walker as well, maybe Cucurella but Chelsea so poor defensively today and Koulibaly now missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

Had two free transfers and just the right funds to cover Zinchenko and Mitrovic to Saliba and Toney last night with the two signings close to a rise in price so made the move then. I know Zinchenko has looked good but his price rise allowed me the extra .6mill to afford Toney over Mitrovic which seems to make sense with the tough run of fixtures incoming for Mitrovic. Saliba's seems to be talked of highly and at a bit lower price than Zinchenko might be an easier option to bench him if Arsenal have tough opposition..

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭nice bit of green

Son & Murphy out for Rodrigo & Martinelli. Very disappointed over Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Think I’ll bring in Harrison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Have just enough to do Neto out, Rodrigo in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have 2. Done one so far. James to Perisic. James isn’t worth it playing CB. If I want a Chelsea defender, might go for Cucurella or Mendy anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Have 2.9m in the bank, so Greenwood out and Toney in. I really like the look of Brentford's next month of fixtures, think Toney could fill his boots particularly v Everton who look shocking. Decided against Harrison/Rodrigo for now as Brighton up next is a toughie for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Neto to Rodrigo done as I don't want to miss any more rises/drops. Almiron was tempting me too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Made one transfer this season. Kane to Haaland.

Just done it again :)

I think he breaks Salah’s record for most goals in a season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Toney is a good pick (I have him). Consistent returns and great fixtures. The thing with Toney is that any return & he looks like he hoovers up the bps

If anyone needs a 6.5m striker or Toney doesn’t live up to expectations in coming games then I’d suggest Welbeck.

Brighton have great fixtures, they are playing well and it looks like Welbeck is injury free & therefore the No.1 striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So ended up playing my wildcard yesterday and atm I have this

Sanchez

TAA Cancelo James Perisic

Salah Rodrigo Martinelli

Haaland Jesus Toney

Ward, Andreas, N. Williams, Lavia

0.6 in the bank.

Is there anything I'm missing here or that I could change?

I would like Trippier so if Perisic isn't starting enough or not getting the full time i can swap. Rodrigo and Toney can be changed around as well if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

I'll do Neto out today, already have Rodrigo so I'll probably go for Jensen. Tempted to wildcard though as I'd also like either Toney or Mitro and I need to move Robertson on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My GW1 punt, Greaish out

Rodrigo in

Leeds look electric at the moment

I did the same yesterday. Grealish incredibly disappointing but not surprising in hindsight.

The best thing he did for me in 3 GW's was not play so I could get those sweet Andreas points.

Good for money ITB too, might upgrade defence. You thinking any other transfers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

maybe it’s team structures but Zaha and Maddison have gone very much under the radar in most teams, Toney is creeping into some teams but overall majority of players probably have 10 out 15 players the same which means it’s very hard to make ground.

• Advertisement

what games doe they have every 3 games?

barcelona is a friendly game - so he’ll hardly start that

They play palace Forrest and and villa over a week period - but then it’s every week the games? What am I missing ?

finally if you believe pep and Haaland doesn’t play then it’s no issue if you have your VC

27 Aug - Palace

31 Aug - Nottm Forest

3 Sep - Villa

6/7 Sep - Champions League

10 Sep - Spurs

13/14 Sep - Champions League

17 Sep - Wolves

International break

2 Oct - Man United

4/5 Oct - Champions League

8 Oct - Southampton

11/12 Oct - Champions League

16 Oct - Liverpool

20 Oct - Arsenal

23 Oct - Brighton

25/26 - Champions League

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Obviously it’s not ideal if he gets rested but I think he’ll score enough points to make up for it IMO

Wonder is Kane the better option long term like less risk? I mean there both going to get points but Kane seems the safer option overall plus he's on penalties. Its just a case of one of these games Haaland is going to get on the end of all these chances being created and you want to have him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Holding for now, currently playing one of Andreas/Nice every week so should probably upgrade one of those or my 4.5 forward. Zaha and Toney the current ideas

On tonight's showing, Kieffer Moore is going straight in my team!

Seriously though, does Trent + Neto -> Perisic + Groß for my two frees this week sound reasonable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Diaz out for Rodrigo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

What to do about Mount... change for Moreno?

• Advertisement

I don't see much appeal in the other £8m mids with the exception of Kulusevski maybe, and Leeds have some decent fixtures coming up alright.

No love for Maddison? Zaha is another good shout. Kulu while undoubtable a good player - is he good for FF? Sure he did well in GW1 but by all accounts he was up against a weak defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'll bank, want to get Zaha in for gwk5 and will be downgrading one of the expensive defenders to fund it.

I like Maddison, but I don't like his fixtures over the next 5 or 6. Ditto Zaha.

Re Kulu; forget GW1... he did very well last season - 5 goals and 9 assists in half a season. The threat to his minutes is Richarlison I guess, but I see him taking minutes off all Spurs attackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Malacia at 4.4 could be interesting IF Varane stays fit.

Surely nailed for the foreseeable after that performance. Has great energy, kinda remind me of Tyrick Mitchell when I first saw him play.

Form over fixtures!!, Maddison/Zaha have good season last year and have done it season on season.

To say Maddison fixtures aren't great is to think they are playing teams from last year - Leeds just beat Chelsea 3-0, United are leaking goals, and the rest of his fixtures are sweet enough - he basically has 9/10 games to make a case for the England squad and do everything he can -

Zaha had Arsenal/Pool in first two games - his fixtures are actually getting easier, and Palace are doing really well.

If you were to forget about GW1, i'd say most people wouldn't even think of having Kulu in their teams though, this is a new season so you can't really be looking too much into what happened last - some people still have mount yet what has he done to justify keeping - cause he had half decent season last year?

Before anyone says why don't I have them, it's because I don't have a 8m spot in my midfield - I chose to go with 2 premiums option.

• Advertisement

So you're using Maddison and Zaha's previous seasons to big them up, but we can't look into what what Kulu did last year. Got it. 😉

Maddison has returned in every game this season - 2 goals and an assist

Zaha has 3 goals in last 2 games

Mount has done nothing this season yet

Kulu got a goal and assist in his first game which by all accounts he was up against a weak defender.

One of worse things to do in this game is to keep a player because he'll come good and ignore the players who are doing good now. By all means go for Kulu.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Anyone else still have Saka? Hard to sell him with Fulham coming up but plenty of more in form players to choose from. Have Martinelli and Jesus already so looking to move away from triple Arsenal

Seen on Reddit there's rumours going around Perisic is injured. Keep on eye on it I guess! If he's out Trippier will be right in there.

I assume its this that there mentioning Alasdair Gold says Tottenham star Ivan Perisic might have picked up new injury (hitc.com)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

I seen it mentioned on fantasyPL dunno if was thread made for it but more so in the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Who’s the best Neto replacement between 5.0 - 5.5m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think Almirón (NEW) has been very impressive as has Aaronson for (LEEDS).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Good picks, I’m leaning towards Dasilva as it will allow me to transfer Cash to Perisic. Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

He was holding his thigh when he came off, he def has a knock at the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mendy out Sanchez in for me.

Perisic being injured does complicate things but I’d rather avoid a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Currently thinking of

1. Rolling
    2. Iverson/Ward to Sanchez
    3. Cancelo and Mount to Saliba and De Bruyne

Leaning towards 1 at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Iversen saved 3 penalties in a shootout last night apparently if that changes anything......surely he can't be as useless as Ward???

Facing a bit of a dilemma going into GW4, already swapped Grealish for Rodrigo before price changes took effect and happy with that swap.

Looking at starting Neco Williams (Home to Spurs) over Andreas (Away to Arsenal)

I do have 1.3 ITB so I could upgrade Williams to Cucurella or Walker, but it'll be for a -4.

Already have James at RCB for Chelsea so going double defence even at home to Leicester seems risky but their fixtures look good.

Likewise with Walker at City, will he continue to keep his place? Palace always seems like a tricky game for City.

Already have triple Arsenal (Ramsdale, Martinelli, Jesus) so getting another Arsenal player not an option.

Or simply, just bank and hope Williams/Forest can keep Spurs at bay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement