Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So a 9 year old girl is killed in England by a male coward and they still call him what he is not.

Options
  • 24-08-2022 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I think anyone that does anything like this or drives a vehicle into a crowd or sets a bomb of be it male or female then they should just be called a coward and if so needed then a male or a female coward because that is all they are. That is all they deserve. They should not use their name or the pronouns that most people go by.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Care to provide a link or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Pretty bizarre thing to take away from this horrible shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,647 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have no idea what the op is chatting about.

What did they call the perpetrator?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I presume it is something to do with this

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

His nationality/religion never occurred to me until now , I guess that’s where he wants the thread to go

• Advertisement

Ah right, makes sense now if that's what op is hinting at.

But I don't see why the police wouldn't describe a suspect by their race or ethnicity if it helps catch them quicker or get possible information.

Then again, the police is England seem very quick not to offend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

No that is not what I am getting at at all. It's the media saying a man shot a 9 year old girl or drove a cat at pedestrians or used a knife etc. They do not deserved that title. If it was me it would simply be "A coward shot a 9 year old girl" because that is all he is for shooting the poor girl. May she Rest In Peace.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

There's a lot of words I'd use to describe the man that committed that crime and "coward" wouldn't be one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Because the kind of reporting you’re looking for is the kind of emotive rhetoric used by tabloid rags like the Daily Mail to try and get idiots all fired up and keep their revenue rolling in. It’s a very successful strategy if you’re not interested in reporting the news and instead you’re more interested in winding people up. That’s why other media outlets don’t really refer to scumbags who engage in scumbag behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Allinall

How is he a coward?

Who or what is he afraid of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Calling him 'a coward' would seem an inherently risky thing to do, (as well as excessively tabloidy as said).

"I think Tommo next door might have had something to do with it, I might go and arrest him myself seeing as he's being described as a bit of a coward."

Whereas as with a bit of coke in him he is likely as brave as a lion, albeit also a scumbag with a reckless disregard for his own well-being and others in the vicinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Would there be this much anger if the intended target were killed?

Truth is nobody there really gives a crap about this poor child; her death will be just used for baying for blood/mob mentality. Cliche overweight gummy mouthed brexiteer types screaming on ITV news whilst the prison van is arriving at court.

The gunman screwed up, shot the wrong person. Charge is manslaughter at best which he'll hopefully caught and brought to justice for.

The place is gone to **** there, but hey, they voted for it. Austerity for 12+ years, cuts to policing, social services etc.

Nothing will change unless they kick the Tories out of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

What a bizarre thing to object to OP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've no idea what the point is here. I think people deserve to know who committed a crime like this when it happens.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

IMO I think it’s the Guardian reading remoaners types with their private health and dental care packages that be screaming at the TV and they be screaming give the man a chance it was not deliberate, whist the mother of the murdered child is in floods of tears.

The man who did this deserves life in prison.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Nah, the Tories have gutted the criminal justice system in this country. Courts, barristers, legal aid and policing have been gutted. The tired old remoaner trope doesn't change that.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Castration required - to make sure his like don't breed. That'd be the minimum, I think this likely exceeds manslaughter. He shot with intent to kill or injure, it wasn't done in the heat of anger etc. If he had fired randomly into a crowd and killed someone, it wouldn't be manslaughter. And that's effectively what he did - three people in a hallway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

What the hell are you blaming Brexit and the tories for? Evil bastards like these were the spawn of other evil bastards and they’ve probably fathered the next generation of evil bastards.

Too much of a “there there” approach to the scumbags. Harassing and bringing down communities who just want to get on with their lives in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

Why a coward? I don't get that. As someone else said there are a lot of things you could call such a person, but I don't get why coward is one of them. He might well be a coward, but equally he might not. From the details I've read of the case there is nothing that would indicate one way or another.

Sorry but if they had said "a person shot and killed a 9yr old girl" and left it at that, the first thing I would have thought would be, " was it a man or a woman ffs"

It kinda helps getting info out there if you are going to catch them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Murdering Vile Scumbag

RIP Little Angel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Very little is known so far so why not wait for more information to become available before you start foaming at the mouth?

Someone has been arrested so it’s not like the police are entitle clueless. Also, it sounds like the mother opened the door to investigate the “fireworks” outside and the shooter fired at the house. Doesn’t sound like she or her daughter were the intended targets, but that they ended up as collateral damage in a dispute.

There is huge interest in the case so there will be updates as soon as they are ready to be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Unfortunately it happened in a rough area where stabbings and killing have happened, unfortunately another horror story was inevitable

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

This is the weirdest fcuking thread ever. And that's saying a lot, considering it's CA/IMHO.

Jaysus, what?!

The shooter is very likely to be high on cocaine: At such a "dosage" of cocaine he does not care about who they actually hit.

Hopefully if he's caught, his prospects, in prison, are very bleak - for killing a child. In the moral of the male prison hierarchy, the gang leader inmates will plan and carry out his demise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

They guy who ran into their house (intended target) was part of a criminal gang and out on early release for a string of burglaries.

His friends ran in and took him out of the house to hospital and left a 9 year old girl dying in her Mother's (who was also shot) arms.

Evil people walk among us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

Wasn't the mother shot through the wrist and it was the same bullet that penetrated the child?

It wasn’t as heinous as the killing of the girl but grabbing your mate (who they took to hospital) and leaving the girl and her mother makes them just a rung below the killer on the bastard ladder.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

does the op think the noun "man" means a brave person?

Can a man not be a coward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

My only thoughts are with the girls family and friends

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement