Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Man, that's such a let down. I wish they'd broken this non-news first so I I'm not finishing on such a frustrating low.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I tried googling a few of the 'acts' lined up for Consciousness Village, this guy among the headline acts we can look forward to...

I won't be boosting his monthly listeners to 3.

My main concern is that Naked Lungs might give some poor meditation guru a heart attack when they launch in to one of their more upbeat numbers.

Edit: No offense to Clive. He's not who I'm annoyed with. I'm sure he's a lovely chap.

On a more positive note, one of the Mary Wallopers DJing the Haunt will be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

This is so disappointing on top of many other disappointments. It appears that they are lowering the music part of their music and arts festival, in terms of quantity and quality. Was always going to be hard to replicate B&S but sense they didn't even try. Appears lots of bands will be appearing numerous times over the weekend which while good for clashes is poor for experience and enjoyment. While I will have a great weekend I don't think it will be as good as in the past and should this continue the very bright light on my calendar that was EP will dim significantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

MAKING A TOASTING FORK IN GREENFIELDS LADS

A scewer if you are lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfug86

Clive is my neighbour leave him alone!

I'll be on site very very very soon expect pics...

Excellent. Tell Clive it was heat of the moment. I was upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfug86

He's very forgiving don't worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Well Thomas Headon seems to have the pop pickers very happy on Twitter.

One thing we can all agree on (even those giving poor Bodhrandude a hard time), worst lineup ever!

Fully agree, since 2012 anyway wasn't there before that.

Can't even blame covid/Ukraine/Brexit/ tour schedules. Look at bands this week, next week in Collins Barracks.

Loud Gallagher, Charlatons, Fleet foxes, Alt J.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Agreed also. Even when the ticket sales (on years it didn't sell out) were 22k/23k the calibre of headliners was far stronger, the undercard was consistently excellent and the ratio of decent acts to bad was circa 9:1. Or 8:2 at the very worst. Now I subjectively feel it's 3:7 or more optimistically 4:6 at best.

The side attractions now have more appeal and I'll undoubtedly have a great weekend. However if the more commercial aspect of it continues do I want to be a field with 70k people, the great majority of whom have vastly different taste in music to mine. I'll go again I believe, but I don't expect to buy tickets before seeing the lineup, even if it costs me vastly more. Or at the very least buy loyalty tickets with the expectation of later selling them on. And hey, I'm one of the optimists on here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭fourmations

think its ATN for me next year, never been...im expecting EP to be over-run with hoards of kids, 70k of them! as mentioned..we are getting older, EP is not

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm curious if Avril Stanley is viewing this thread or the announcements for M&B and thinking the fcukers, they're taking the piss there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭endainoz

That's a pretty good indicator that they'll play somewhere so

That's it. We go mental in the woods this year (in an age appropriate way, of course), then abandon ship and reassemble in Curraghmore next year. Now enough of the bitterness, I'll refocus and aim for total joy by Friday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭endainoz

Update on this 2nd part of the ticket that looks like yours arrived today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

You may leave yourself there while you're at it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

Theres still plenty to keep me interested at EP this year, albeit a little light on bigger names. The overall experience trumps the acts, to be honest for me, i generally avoid the main stage almost totally, and particularly on Sunday. Also, if an act in the bigger tents, is going to be packed, i stay at the back, so i can move on quickly to the next act. I generally Always had the best experiences in the smaller stages, Other Voices stage was a huge loss, although Jarvis Cocker is a huge highlight from 2019 in EA.

Festivals are always changing, and its a good time to check music thats outside of your comfort zone, if you do some of that, you’l have an even better time. I have the Sunday Disco lunch booked, always good at the start of the 4 th day, looking forward to some of the Mindfield events as well, another very underrated area, thats usually not crowded, i am still very excited about the 4 nights up there.

ATN is getting great reviews, and i’d like to try it, but EP is at a more suitable time of the year for me, and it still has way more choice of music, arts, debates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Do you have a link for booking the Sunday Disco lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

In terms of 80s acts why did we miss out on the reformed Propaganda? Playing the odd festival, including Ostend tomorrow night, and a very decent album released in May.

Somewhere in 2023 please and is it too early to start next year's thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭fafy

They sold out a few weeks back, i posted it on here a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Navan Man01

Trying to stay positive! There’s plenty in there that I have on my list to see, I know it’ll be a cracking weekend!

Still can’t shake that feeling that we are being rode by FR though! With the lack of names & all the acts doing multiple stages it feels like they got their fee but made little effort, sticks in my craw a wee bit!

It’ll all be good nxt Friday though & zero f***s will be given!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I've only gone and done it again, and given myself blind optimism there'll be an announcement on Friday.

Someone mentioned before that Belle & Sebastian were supposed to be one of the acts in the last main announcement, and yer man from Mary Wallopers is DJing the haunt so they may play too.

It's true what they say, there's no fool like an old fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

No sign of new Jackson, daithi, Neil flynn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 EP2022

Thanks for the suggestion, I've emailed them.

Advertisement