Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,612 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Another beautiful evening in Dublin. If only we could copy and paste summer 2022 each year. Unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Wondering does anyone know if or when rain will arrive in Wicklow tomorrow. I need 8 hours of dry skies to allow some wood stain and varnish to dry. ME forecast for Leinster is vague and Accuweather is saying a 24% chance of rain but it doesnt say when. Was planning on 9am to start the job so hoping to avoid rain till at least 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I'd predict that Wicklow should stay dry well into tomorrow late afternoon or evening time.

If you're off work tomorrow, I'd be cracking open the varnish tin just after sunrise (6.30am approx) and be supping on a beer a few hours later basking in sunshine! 😃

Here is the 12Z GFS prediction for 6pm tomorrow evening - rain only pushing into west Offaly at that stage. And playing the sequence forward it breaks up over Leinster. I'd say Wicklow will get a bout of drizzle at worst from it around darkfall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

nice one Danno, Im just half way through the job now and should be finished by 10am so heres hoping the rain stays away till at least 5pm, thanks again for your help as Ive been trying to do this job for some weeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

This year has been better than last year overall but I still thought last year's summer was one of the best in years. That was true for athenry anyway especially since August 2019 was probably the worst August I've seen. We had nearly 300mm of rain in athenry, which was double the value for most other westerly stations.

I see athenry just missed out on heatwave criteria this summer. It reached 25.0 on the first day of heat which didn't count, it needed to be greater than 25c to be a heatwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭acequion

A nice few days down here in the south west since the stunner on Sunday. Cloudy and showery at times but nice and warm which is my deal breaker for summer. Looks like we might get the usual back to school nice run which I always love. 😎 Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Glorious morning with gin blue sky mostly, just a few clouds. 18C in Dublin 16

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

beautiful morning here in Meath too, plenty of sunshine. the only thing missing about this August is I'd love a few days at the end of mid twenties nationwide but I think low twenties is about the best we're going to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭acequion

Spoke too soon earlier, lashing rain now 😕 Hopefully just a one day blip. [Tralee]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Beautiful blue skies out this morning in Meath. Massive change this afternoon with dark clouds all around now.

As we approach the end of Summer I've been looking back over the rainfall distribution of the three summer months so far here at Durrow:

• June: 104.6mm
    • July 21.4mm
    • August 14.1mm (so far).

Giving a seasonal total of 140.1mm.

What is more interesting is four days out of a six day spell from June 24th to June 29th where 76mm of that 140.1mm fell (over 50% of all this summer's rain!) June 24th alone delivered 33.8mm from a thunderstorm; June 25th - 11.4mm; June 26th - 0.1mm; June 27th - 19.6mm; June 28th - 0.5mm and finally June 29th 11.1mm. Other notable June falls included the 2nd - 10.1mm.

Drove through Gonzo’s neck of the woods this morning on the way to Navan and my god the weather was awful. Navan not much better. Hopefully it will clear away soon.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mostly clear and sunny in Greystones. 17.5c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Hows the weather in Galway looking around Sept 5-11? I am planning a few days camping in the hills.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I wasn't expecting such a miserable morning, nothing very wet just very damp. Starting to clear up now with weak sunshine popping out for few seconds every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Tommysocks11

Go away with yer lovely weather crap, we badly need rain and plenty of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Another dry day here in Dublin 5. Haven’t seen any of this rain in these parts

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Although still dry in this part of Dublin it's coolest day experienced in a long long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭appledrop

So funny on the regular walk today, you meet same people we wouldn't know each other but always say hello.

Well today we were all chatting as we passed each other saying 'That's some change in weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭appledrop

I'm actually in for some shock when autumn hits, the last 2 months have been so fab and warm in Dublin even on dull days.

Today at 14 degrees and drizzly rain is reminding me of what is coming.

Yeah today is definitely a shock to the system. Miserable earlier driving to Navan but at least there was no wind. Much improved now though.

Not looking forward to the windy wet spells that will inevitably happen during Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

It's well improved this afternoon in Laois after a cloudy, cool morning.

Feeling pleasant in lengthy spells of sunshine. Temperatures 19/20c.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

My least favourite weather type is cold rain and showers, what the forecast is suggesting in early September.

I'd much prefer a Biscay breakdown or some south westerly, southerly component, warm rain 😊

Post edited by Cumhachtach on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Lovely day in Cork, sunny and warm all day 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭highdef

Beautiful evening in Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Met E forecasting isolated thunderstorms in the south for Sunday ........ looks like a fairly settled chart to me?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Good morning from Greystones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kutebride

WOW DOCARCH.

Nothing to be seen Meath. Heavy dew.

Advertisement