Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,778 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah it annoyed me that they even brought him back to announce the attendance at SummerSlam, he's a full-blown lunatic these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

By gawd it's... it's Kane! the big red republican machine!

The legendary Judo Gene Lebell has died aged 89 RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭ThePott

Seems like NXT UK is no more, after Worlds Collide on September 4th, the brand will go on hiatus and then NXT Europe is expected to launch sometime in 2023.

EDIT - NXT UK releases have begun. Unclear if they could be brought back in 2023 when NXT Europe launches.

Flash Morgan Webster, Wild Boar, Mark Andrews, Jack Starz and Ashton Smith have been released.

Seems there's confusion of whether Amale, Dave Mastiff have been released or are just talking about the end of NXT UK.

EDIT 2 - Millie McKenzie, Sha Samuels, Nina Samuels, Primate and Dani Luna seemingly gone too.

Post edited by ThePott on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,191 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think that writing was on the wall for a long time.

Will see if they unify the titles at Worlds Collide or keep them and rebrand them next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭briany

It's just sad to see him go from someone who I might not have agreed politically but still would say was intelligent and reasonable to someone just casting integrity aside and fully reading off the Trumpian script.

It's also disappointing overall just how many of our old favourites are big Trump supporters. Whether you like or dislike Jim Cornette for anything else he says, he is one of the most anti-Trump people out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Petermc83

They should bring back the European Title!.. D-Lo browns claim to fame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tenille Dashwood ( Emma in WWE ) has exited IMPACT Wrestling, could HHH tempt her back?

• Advertisement

Road Dogg who admitted last week on Busted Open to begging Tony Khan for a job is now back in the WWE repalcing the Double J who was let go as senior VP of live events

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

So I've seen it rumored that the sudden announcement of NXT Europe and dropping of UK is down to the Brexit performer grace period ending and it suddenly being a massive pain to get non-UK folks in for NXT UK. People are speculating that NXT Europe might end up being based in Ireland since we'd be the only country that would make it easy for UK and EU wrestlers to come and go as needed. Added to the fact we're English speaking also helps, it will be interesting to see how it goes and would be great if it did happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,609 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I could see the admin side being based here, we have a very highly trained workforce, English as a first language and US pre clearence.

The issue is that if they were paying what they were rumored to be paying NXT UK lads, they won't be able to afford to live here..

I'd bet money the PC will be based in Germany, makes it a lot easier to take the show on the road as it were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭hynesie08

"Hey, Virgin media, Triple H here, I know the only interest you've ever shown in WWE is buying a week old package show for peanuts, but if you're willing to cover the costs of production and give us a studio you'll have exclusive access to the stars of tomorrow.....

Like who?

Amalie, Xia brookside, Sid scala, jack sta.......

Hello?"

Germany is my bet. Seems the logical choice. That said, if the whole reason for getting out of the UK is true, running shows in Dublin more often seems to be a good way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Petermc83

Marty Morrissey and Pat Spillane as commentators!!!

Anyone on the outside caught interfering in the match gets a black card.

• Advertisement

Looks like Hunter was trying to tamper with a lot more than just one AEW talents contract and a number of talent reported it to Tony got his legal team to email Steph and Nick Khan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tony got his legal team to email Steph and Nick Khan.

I find the whole contract tampering thing in wrestling odd.

Like in the case of AEW, who are meant to be all about them being independent contracters, doesn't them reinforcing the terms of their contract from outside interest fly in the face of that? Sounds weirdly possessive from a company that usually isn't.

Like I know WWE would absolutely be the type even if these contracts were iron clad to see if they could poach someone but wrestling doesn't have a union so there is no such thing as contract tampering really is my understanding.

On that note, didn't Jeff Hardy reveal he'd signed to AEW when he was still technically under contract with WWE. Are we to believe everyone that shows up in AEW immediately once their WWE contract is up hasn't had some assurance they have a job from Tony?

I wonder if there ever was any legal battle would either side come away totally clean.

Post edited by ThePott on

The Veleveteen Dream has been arrested for first degree battery and trespassing

Braun rumoured for WWE Raw return

If that's true, EC3 will be getting lonely without him and Kross.

Plenty of opportunity for him too control his narrative then

So HHH confirmed today in an interview with Ariel Helwani that Meltzer was correct in saying Brock walked out after Vince retired.

There's some truth to it, yea. You have to understand Brock's relationship with Vince.

Definitely some people here that have to eat some humble pie with that being true.

More reports emerging now too on the Aleister Black situation and it seems there is some fire to the smoke. Gonna try be as objective as possible but about 3 different sites including Meltzer, Fightful and PWInsider have weighed in on the rumour, will try do a round-up here.

XeroNews which seems like a very questionable source seemed to get the ball rolling by saying Black had asked and been GRANTED his release. He also mentioned that 4 others had been give their release. Pretty much roundly dismissed and at best it seems like if their is some truth to the Black stuff, no one has said he was granted his release and no mention of others. RajGiri who has some degree of a track record but often wrong (from what I've read, don't know for sure) tweeted this: "I heard an AEW star requested their release, and follow up sources indicate it was Malakai Black. He reportedly has repeatedly shown concerns about his mental health due to personal life and demoralization due to the booking and handling of his character."

The three sources mentioned above have some different slants on what happened but they all so far are saying that Black did ask for his release and that it Has Not Been Granted. Black according to Meltzer has a lot of time left on his deal, it also seemed to indicate (from what I saw on Reddit) that he was someone contacted by WWE. PWInsider have seemingly spoken to 'sources close to Black' and said that he has been dealing with some personal situations and has talked about taking a break (possibly a permanent break) from wrestling to deal with them. He does mention what Raj said about presentation issues but doesn't seem to confirm or deny that as a factor. Should also be mentioned that Fightful has indicated that things have been smoothed over to a certain degree.

So based on this it seems like the general story is Black has asked for his release due to personal issues and possibly how he's being presented, he's not been given it but cooler heads may have prevailed since.

The only thing I wonder out of this is, should Black continue to want his release, will the same level of hostility be lobbed at AEW that is lobbed at WWE when they sit on a talent who wants to leave.

• Advertisement

Bray another rumoured on his way back to WWE

Advertisement