Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭flazio

We'd hardly be getting the Dancing with the stars stuff would we?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Same, I think we got as far as the end of Episode 2.

I am 3 seasons into Snowfall, really enjoyable TV show about the Crack Epidemic in LA in the 80's and the CIA's involvement.

It reminds me of Narco's on Netflix. Would highly recommend it if you enjoyed Narco's.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Watched the first episode of “This Fool”

very good start

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishHusk

Thanks for recommending this. 4 episodes in and enjoying it. I liked both narcos series and el chapo so this is my type of series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I quite enjoyed Only Murders in the Building. Not the best thing I've ever seen but nice easy watching, with some funny lines and interesting characters. I can see why some people don't like it, the pace is a crawl, but I'm looking forward to the next season of it anyway.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Have been binge watching it over the last 3 weeks or so. Everything else I have been watching has been put on hold as Snowfall has caught my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

How can they upload She's The One without Brothers McMullen.. Must be waiting for Disney Plus Day

Welcome to Wrexham Season 1 eps 1 & 2 (2022) Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds run Wrexham Football Club as they try to create an underdog story the world can root for. From Hollywood to Wales, the docuseries tracks their crash course in ownership and the interwoven fates of a team and a town.

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Disney+ UK are producing a Wagatha Christie docu-series, along with unscripted content about the Brawn F1 team, Vogue, Camden (which the guy behind Amy is producing) and Spencer from Made in Chelsea's brother who went missing after climbing everest long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,126 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ben Kingsley to Reprise Trevor Slattery Role in Marvel Studios' Wonder Man Series at Disney+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The last 3 episodes of Solar Opposites is missing for some reason, weird. Had to find some dodgy streaming website to watch them

• Registered Users Posts: 32,607 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

They are adding them weekly. Very funny series, prefer it over the more hyped Rick and Morty at this stage.

The Bear is coming to Disney+ in early October. Another highly rated Hulu original that we're getting this side of the Atlantic as part of Star. Feels like we're getting two streaming platforms for the price of one which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,576 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finished Luke Cage S2. I really enjoyed this series and preferred it to the first one. I thought Bushmaster was a brilliant antagonist and stole the show when he was on screen. Mariah really turned up the evil factor in this series too. Soundtrack was great as well. I find Luke one of the most likeable heroes out of these Marvel shows and very easy to root for.

On the downside, I thought it ended in a rather flat way, and I wasn't keen on the direction they took things in the final episode, including the not so subtle allusions to The Godfather. It felt like a bit of a step back from the way the series had started.

I didn't like Luke saying he doesn't want to speak to Claire at the end. It didn't fit the story imo. It was a shame Rosario Dawson didn't appear in what seems to be the final episode of the show. Also we didn't hear from Bobby after he said he had to go donate a kidney to his daughter. Those two offered significant support to Luke and it hurt things in my eyes that we didn't see them at the end. I also thought the way Bushmaster went out was pretty weak. I'm guessing that if there had been a third series, we would have seen Bushmaster return, Tilda make a play for control of Harlem's Paradise, and Luke wrestling with the choice he made at the end of S2. I would have watched another series, so it's a shame it concluded like this.

Next on the list is Iron Fist S2. Not sure what I'll make of this as I liked S1 the least out of any of these shows.

Disney day additions are up

Thor love and thunder & Pinocchio among them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I'm such a big fan of Rosa Salazar in Primes Undone that I will have to check out Wedding Season that was added today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ha. It's a symptom of the streaming era where I watch a trailer like that and I'm like ... wait. Is that a film or a TV show? I'm fairly sure it feels like a series butttt ...

It's an 8 episode series with episode length ranging between 30 and 45 minutes.

Longer than a traditional movie, shorter than a traditional TV show, however very much en vogue and perfectly understandable as to why it's unclear after watching the trailer.

The new 10 minutes featurette on Andor really has me excited!

(Even after Obi wan Kenobi and boba fett)

I watched the first episode of wedding season, it is....errr... different not bad the lead guy (Gavin drea) is Irish and good in it.

Not sure how it will spin the story out for 8 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,576 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Watched Wedding Season's first episode as well and didn't really like it. Something about it felt off. It was a bit of a strange mixture of British and American comedy. I'll give the second episode a go and see if I take to it.

Hate to say it but Pixar is in trouble here. They really need to merge with the division of Disney that has been responsible for releases like Encanto, Raya and the last Dragon and Frozen if they are to have any chance of surviving. Luca was OK, possibly under appreciated but aside from that, the revisits to old ground isn't working. Lightyear was a flop, Soul was confusing, I'm struggling to remember the last really decent new Pixar story. I think it was Inside Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Very harsh on Soul. Brilliant film IMO

I mean, he falls down a hole, practically dies, returns to his body in a standard hospital ward, not critical care or anything, and just walks back into his life on the same day with his family not even aware he was just in hospital fighting for his life. I just can't get my head around that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think the opposite is the solution; Pixar are tied by IP obligations such that we get Toy Story 4 and Lightyear et al.

I think Soul was a story of middle-aged crisis that was at constant odds with the difference to demographics expected to watch "a Pixar film". Soul had no business being an ostensible kid's flick, and maybe were it still an independent studio it could have leaned more into the obviously mature tone and story of "have I peaked?".

Luca was a more throwaway story but IMO a very sweet tale of acceptance and friendship. shallow as a puddle but carried off with a great vitality often missing from the aforementioned mandated sequels.

Advertisement