Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

They don't need a ticket but you need to register them. It's all on the EP website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

One for the diaries, folks - the mighty bdrmm are in Ireland this November:

12th Nov - Dolan's, Limerick

13th Nov - The Workman's Club, Dublin

I'm fresh out of annual leave but a wee run to Limerick could be on the cards. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

Around this time next week it'll be a quick game of car boot Tetris and off we go 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2 timmyhalla

Any idea when the day line up is being announced?

Facebook Memories telling me that on this day 8 years ago the EP 2014 Site Map was published.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Also at the Róisín in Galway on the 10th where I'll catch them. And it's closer for you dude, welcome here.

Would love that but unfortunately I have zero leave left after EP/The Cure in Dublin, in December, would be some drive to Galway and back to Antrim! They could put on a Belfast show yet all being well.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

great recommendation will have to seek them out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Genghis

EP 2014 started 29 August, so that would have been the Monday before, or 4 days before start.

Given the way they announce things in 2022, I wouldn't expect it sooner than Monday for this year.

• Advertisement

If they even publish it anywhere apart from the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Any chance you know the general location of Fishtown? My mate is DJ'ing the Schweppes setup (which appears to be at entrance of Mind + Body) 3-5 on Friday and Fishtown 5-6. He's worried about a long trek to set #2.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Thankfully it is a week away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭fourmations

casa bacardi times up

Ricky Chong worth calling in to if there's nothing clashing.

EDIT: There's been two new additions to the line-up on this poster (Dusky, Mutant Vinyl).

There's that Hope creeping back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

The terms & conditions of entry only specify a ticket holding adult.

15. Children aged 12 years and under must be accompanied at all times by a ticket holding adult, limited to a maximum of two children per adult. 

The family campsite information section on the website states "To stay in the Family Campsite, you will need to purchase a Family Camping Ticket." This suggests that the purpose of the Family camping ticket is to get into that campsite rather than being needed to get under 12's into the festival.

The announcement for Little Picnic states, "Little Picnic is open to anyone attending Electric Picnic with children. If you don’t have a Family Camping wristband, Little Picnic wristbands are available to pick up onsite." This suggests that they are expecting people who don't have family camping wristbands to show up with children.

The last BYEco email said "We welcome families and children of all ages in our campsites".

I'd take all of these points to mean you should be fine bringing an under 12 to the festival on a regular weekend ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭fourmations

enough of that messing now! 😉 weather is a total guess until two of three days before!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Where's the Barefoot stage? I can't see it on that.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭endainoz

Time for a list of must sees I guess:

Must sees:

Pixies,

Fontaines,

Arctic monkeys (I know a few said they were boring live but I always enjoyed them, and it's a guitar band that we all crave these days)

Jiggy, (will put on an amazing show)

Mary wallopers (being optimistic they'll pop up somewhere)

CMAT (an absolute superstar in the making)

SON and Mick Flannery, (SON solo gig also)

The Latchikos,

London grammar,

Thumper.

Maybe sees:

Ham sandwich,

The Bonny men,

Glass animals ,

Le Boom,

Fred again..

KKC,

Hazey haze,

Touts,

Khruangbin,

The scratch,

Kneecap,

Lyra,

Saint sister.

Just realized I have over 20 acts there, will be doing very well to see all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

The 2021 map shows it as under 350 metres. There's a "Woods + Town Access" marked beside the cup deposit return point which makes the walk a straight line. If that entrance isn't there the main service trackway could be used. This puts a slight curve on the walk so might extend the distance to 500 metres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Adam193

I was just looking about after reading a news article on a return to the hot weather (although it doesn't say if it's this week or next) and it was pretty optimistic, another site says 21 degrees all weekend. I'll listen to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭adam240610

My must see and want to see list has 39 acts on it, around half of which I had never heard of before EP.

God I missed festivals, been a long three years! Roll on next weekend

You'd said Limerick which is an hour further away. I now realise you probably meant Dublin. Anyway dude, you're welcome here for music and beer anytime.

Yeah I just meant that we could stay overnight in Limerick for that show as it's a Saturday, couldn't do the Sunday overnight in Dublin although that's definitely more drivable I guess. Last time I drove to Galway was for my mate's stag and, wow, less said 😂

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jerry fish just confirmed Dec pierce is playing fish town

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

I think I'm at the point where I'm not sure I want to listen to any more new music until I get the stage times, so I know if I may get to hear them or not. Acts that clash with my "must see"s or "really want to see"s there's no point. Impatient for next week already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I always used to check stage times and worry about clashes etc, but in the age of apps, I now just favourite all the bands i'd like to see.

That way you get a notification 15 minutes before each one is due to start, and I just tend to decide on what I fancy at that time. That process slots in nicely to my go with the flow policy for EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Did you know that Stradbally means Street Ball in Norwegian?

Well you do now, impress everyone you meet next weekend with this exciting info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is that all the stages announced then, still holding out for the Mary Wallopers, like someone else mentioned, they might be one of the surprise guests at the Salty Dog.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement