Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Evil Uno providing commentary while Colt plays

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Davy05

Well that was a surprise outcome...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really really interesting show

Surely all these mentions of Harts and the Dungeon and Owen is leading to a Bret appearance between Lionheart and the American Dragon

Dax vs Lethal was just great as you would expect

Looking forward to seeing the MCMG’s going up against FTR I know it’s a trios match however hopefully it sets up a tag match between them.

Another interim champion to be crowned this time the Women's title

Punk grabbed his planted leg not his kicking one.

Even then seeing Punk squashed like a jobber will get reactions.

Now that main event was awesome JR is right about one thing AEW needs more of Ospreay.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I was 100% sure the Mox vs Punk match’s as going an hour, when it started at the halfway point and the commentary team were playing up how there was a full hour of the show left.

I skipped a little bit in and Mox had won.

Insane match. Makes Mox look an absolute monster. Seems to be Punk wasn’t as fully healed as they’d let on, and they wanted to get the Interim tag off Mox’s reign. Gives Punk a lot to work with, character wise when he eventually does come back too.

Very curious what title match they build to within 2 weeks for a PPV though.

Meltzer saying Kingston recently completed a suspension for a “verbal dispute” with Sammy backstage. Fightful reporting Sammy made comments about Eddie’s physique, and Eddie took a swing at him 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Great to see Starks, Hobbs and the Acclaimed are getting matches at All Out, well deserved.

It was obvious when they said that Mox/Punk was in the middle of the show that something was up, I thought it was going to be a screw finish. I don't think he's ready yet, fair play for gutting it out.

Interesting what they do at the PPV, Hangman is top of the rankings I think.

MCMG is a great upgrade for that trios match. Glad Lethal got the sneaky victory.

Main event banged and the Danielson/Garcia/Jericho stuff came off really well too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Hangman going heel by abandoning the Dark Order in the trios final for a shot at the main title?

If they lean in to the not-taking-advice comments a conceited heel could be a fresh take on the character if they want him to win the title

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I get that there's a grand plan but I felt it was just unnecessary for both men. Mox comes out of it super strong but he kind of went in like that anyway? Punk comes out of it looking like a deranged idiot he essentially committed suicide but that doesn't fit the character.

Whatever they have planned it needs to be executed sooner rather than later.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yeah agree on all counts. And they are less than 2 weeks away from All Out and they have no AEW title match announced.

Surely the PPV should have be built around the AEW title match. And now they’ll do one with less a weeks build? Seems odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TonySniff

that was hilarious. WWE is heating up and AEW give us............THAT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's much better they did that at Dynamite than at the PPV can you imagine the amount of people who'd be pissed off, definitely something more at play here isn't All Out in Chicago ..can see them locking up again , something funny is up anyway

But really after watching that Dynamite my only take away is how much I want to see Omega vs Ospreay just give me that match , I have a feeling that'll happen at Wrestle Kingdom though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I'd say Omega/Ospreay is nearly guaranteed for WK. You could be getting your 2023 MOTY on January 4th!

A lot of people seemed to think they've been shooting on each other with the recent comments, very convenient timing right before they're due to be in the same ring......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah not a fan of that title match.

I know they're building a story and hopefully the pay-off is worth it but it just seems like a waste. Punk should have just been stripped of the title but I guess hindsight is 20-20. I'm sure they're building to him turning heel but if anything him wrestling when he's not at a hundred percent makes him look dumb, sure he can complain about Mox attacking him while he was being checked but he came back before he was ready? Who's fault is that? Maybe there still will be a rematch at All Out, maybe Punk turns (not gonna be a heel in Chicago) but it's incredibly odd and draws my attention more to the booking than the actual story which isn't a great sign.

Feel bad for Thunder Rosa, even if her reign hasn't been great. The women's division in general is a sad state of affairs at the moment. MCMG make that match a bit more fun even if it is still a bit thrown together. Seems weird to bring them in just to (presumably) lose. Swerve/Lee vs the Acclaimed is another match that feels like it was plucked from thin air, SIOG have really not felt like a big deal as champs.

United Empire vs Elite has amazing potential, not sure how much they'll be able to play Omega up as injured if he has to take on Ospreay, assuming we're getting Dark Order with Hangman in the final with The Elite. Slight spoiler on that below.

Accidentally saw the results from Ramage on Friday and looks like the Dark Order team is Alex Reynolds, Preston Vance and John Silver meaning no Hangman. Obviously could easily change down the line with an injury/replacement angle anyway but they've obviously been teasing it would be Adam Page this whole time so assume we'll get pay off to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hangman said he wouldn't be taking part in it to the Dark Order guys right after the Bucks coming in asking him , not ruling him out of the final though , it's a pity they didn't save Aussie open vs the Elite for All Out

Meltzer saying the main event plan for All Out is....

....still Mox vs Punk.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That was a pretty wild episode. The Mox/Punk match was certainly a surprise, I don't think anyone saw that coming.

Kenny heading back to Japan for January 4th will be a huge boost for NJPW

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What I don’t understand is if he is still “injured” and according to the commentators “he came back to soon”. How are we meant to believe he’d be fully fit in a weeks time to beat the guy who essentially squashed him for the belt?

There has to be something else they’re building towards. Page to challenge Mox even?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't buy the "There HAS to be something else going on/a payoff".

Interim wankery, shock return, massive double champ title match on TV a week away from the PPV, shock finish. It is possible and very likely at this point that it's just what it looks like; scatterbrained poor booking.

At least the belt is back on someone properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah I remembered that, when they had the graphic not showing who the third member was I thought I'd missed something.

I don't see how Hangman can't get involved in the final, otherwise having Aussie Open vs the Elite be just the Semi is a big mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Bucks have a bloody John silver in a double submission, hangman throws in the towel, don callis sows the seeds that it was pre arranged, simple storytelling.

It's AEW so of course page's first match with 10 will be a bunkhouse brawl and the second a regular wrestling match........

Seeing the comments about building a story and the pay off reminds me of "wait and see" comments about WWE.

I was surprised at the quick match as well. Though being on so early should've been a clue since there was still the trios match, at least, to go. Maybe they should've opened with it as that seems to be usually how Dynamite does things - Have big matches either first or last.

I forgot to say, in a move surprising no one, I thought the trios match was rather good. Kip doing the fake guy in a box bit was something we shoulda seen coming and him and Pac will be a banger I'm sure. Osprey is just so good, can't wait to see him and Kenny finally get a singles match together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Cotts72

There has to be something more to that Punk squash though? Built him up for months to put the title on him and then this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

The crickets when Shida came out too, feel bad for her since she's one of the best they have in the women's side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

If that's the case I'm at a loss. Punk has to win, how can they do that after last night's embarrassment without turning him heel....IN **** CHICAGO.

Thought they were finally phasing JR out but he's back to being on the full show for Dynamite and now he's on Rampage as well. The man gets grumpier by the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Could be? Nah, we will be getting a 2023 MOTY on January 4th.

Yeah this doesn't seem like something that will be settled in a trios match

• Advertisement

Yea, and they put over her Regina di Wave title win on Dark this week, but no mention of it on Dynamite?

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1562150485959770115 if anyone wants to see an edit of the match.

Advertisement