Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• 40 tenants? Crammed into a basement or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Dis week was a special Michael Monday as opposed to the usual Misery Monday, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 00so

A martyr

• Registered Users Posts: 20,651 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I don't think Robert Troy did a whole lot wrong, and I'm no FF fan. There will be little or no land lords left the way things are going

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ah the poor landlords being vilified....zzz.

They are the true heroes "it is becoming a charity at this stage"....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

With that many properties she should have a more tax efficient setup for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Woe is me.

If you don't like it caller then sell up and don't be a landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭archfi

Joe could have touched on the sleazy whiff of political corruption but that's not convenient as the culprit is an FFer.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Maybe, he thought he'd pawn it on his holiers, but it was worth feck all so he brought it back....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Sounds great, more properties on the market. Now if the could ensure that first time buyers get first right of refusal on them then that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Joe hates QUANGO's so we know where his sympathy's lie with that comment!

Sell the other ones and give over....first world problems..

She didn't follow the correct procedures... tough

• I put a couple of €k into tech shares. They shall lay untouched for an eternity until they regain some value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭avfc1874

2 takes from that ring story, Joe 1 will drag the bollix out of everything and have every opportunity to say how great fantastic super brilliant, the staff are, saying they never take Holliday's, ,,🤔🤔🤔

Joe 2 probably tried to flog the ring, when nobody wanted it handed it in and now is bragging what a great fella he is

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well we had a story about a convicted drug dealer on here yesterday who was getting HAP. Same lad caught with €6k in cash and €1.6k in coke (not the fizzy variet caller). Great country!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Is Joe going to ask what the urgency is?

She f#cked up...tough.

Ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

when you say rectum what do you mean?

She strikes me as hard work as a landlord, she would be raising rent by maximum every chance she gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I'm married to a small builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Are we supposed to feel sorry for this wan? She certainly ain't no "accidental landlord"!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

"The value of your investment may increase or decrease"

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Surely there must be a way if you have 4 or 5 properties to set yourself up as a company, get the 12.5% tax and have you as a director with a nice slice of cashereen going regular in to a pension for you along with fees so to speak? De Joe fella could offer guidance about running a Company and dat so to speak.

Maybe you should have invested in a pension then?

Sounds like she really overstretched herself during Celtic tiger...house prices can go up and down...the value of that one place she sold went down...but she got 17 years of rent on it...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

This is not really about Troy at all, Fathead doesn't have the balls to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Wait till the Shinners get their hands on landlords. You ain't seen nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

She sounds like a real pain in the arse for her tenants. But to be fair to her I think you would have to be insane to be a private landlord these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Joe's giving this one a lot of uninterrupted airtime. What's his angle here?

Advertisement