Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Anyone on to challenge this woman or give another perspective? Or is Joe just going to let her go on and on...

• I’ve been on the verge of pulling out but I do have very good tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭touts

This is a standard tactic. He's setting her up.

He probably has 20 callers lined up to say property is theft and she should have her property taken off her and given to the tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Ya, she really shouldn't be worrying about not having a pension if she dropped 270k on a property in 2006. Why not just leave the cash in the bank..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

40 tenants. Probably income of €20K per month. How much is cash that disappears into her back pocket.

Buy-to-Let is an investment. It can go up as well as down. Most small landlords don't want to know that. They assume the rent will cover the mortgage and some extra and that they can sell it for a lot more after. It's not how it works.

The whole system needs reform on both sides. But we're leaving too much of it over to big business and the Robert Troy's of this world.

She's whinging about paying for gas tests and insurance amongst others. That says a lot about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

State Body that Joe likes; hero's/angels.

State Body that Joe dislikes; QUANGO.

Very different renting a room in your house...she can do as she likes and turf people out anytime she wants with very little reason. As long as she keeps under that 14k (I think it is)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭dontmindme

No Joe...just cute hoor rogue landlords who use their power and influence in government to further their own wealth and prosperity and go on to attempt to profit on the housing crisis that they themselves are helping to perpetuate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Perhaps she took out a mortgage to buy the the property.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Joe regiularly has the landlords of Ireland on the air to plead their case as salt of the earth types who are only trying to make an honest buck withot a hint of sharp practice or skullduggery. Almost as often as he has his risible "self-published bukes" show.

I suspect Jope is going to use this to spin an anti-shinners narrative. The real bogeymen if you're in the property game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

That's a terrible line caller. Back after this break.

The HAP payments are fecking astronomical...

Estate agents...all have a particular tone don't they...

"Things have never been so bad"

Oh f#ck off. Estate agents I have dealt with plenty I would say one of them has been an honest decent person...the rest of them dodgy slimey gits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Id love to know how many properties, she has to house these 40 tenants!!

• I’m not that familiar with the ins & outs, but I think unless you are on a buy to let or vulture scheme you can’t just turn your moderate rental business into a company for tax purposes. I would be doing that with my single letting property if I could; you’d want to see form 11, it insists on treating rental income separate to any other business.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There should be law to protect the market too, if you don't pay a cent for in rent 3 months you are turfed out on your hole that following day with your posessions fooked out in the lawn.

• If you could divide up your large house and let out rooms on one floor away from where you live, it could be very workable.

"Non profitable exercise being a landlord"

Absolute BULL SH1T.

How much does that woman with 44 tenants take in a month?

"HAP is a fine and honourable scheme"

Lol.....sure it is....it's a fecking racket! Look at the figures involved and who it is given too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,075 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

shud we have an entrance exam for tenants

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

GBRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭DaTown

Play HAP games, win HAP prizes

HAP - Never mind the cost of rents...we'll just get the taxpayers to pay it and us and all our landlord chums will be on the pig's back!!

These HAP non-payment cases should not even be in private rented accomodation!! They should be in LA housing and evicted and placed in homeless shelter on non-payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The good ol' PRPB. Takes the guts of a year from notice to quit to hearing to Determination Order. Then for another €100 you can appeal it and get another stretch in the gaff while it's ongoing, all pro bono. And when they finally issue a new order, it's the property owner who has to pay to enforce the order. It is farcical for the small time landlord to work with.

This guy has a point about being able to remove tenants who are choosing not pay. They need to be removed in a timely manner.

But landlords can be fecking horrendous. Repairs etc absolutely impossible to get done, slum conditions, definitely know people being kicked out for a "refurb" so they can up the rent above cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

It's not silly season. It's never silly season. Join us tomorrow for Funny Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Joe: "there's no such a thing as silly season"

Joe: "Coming up tomorrow, it's Funny Friday" 🙄

• Advertisement

I agree they are also massively driving up the cost of private rented accommodation for non LA tenants.

I got my house about 8 years ago...I dread to think what I would be paying in rent now!

Advertisement