Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Vuelta Stage 6: Bilbao to Ascensión al Pico Jano. San Miguel de Aguayo (181.2km)

Options
  • 25-08-2022 2:03pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Coverage has just started on our first uphill finish stage. Should be interesting to see how things go for the GC guys on that last climb. Nothing that is likely to make a huge difference but still an opportunity perhaps for some to get time back. The break has over 4 minutes with 80km to go so they might make it. Interesting to see Groves there. Is he after green too? So we just have to wait for the action if there is any. One of my velo game picks, Brenner, is in the break so I'll shout for him.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Couple of other things. The weather is nasty so hopefully everybody stays upright. I also see Quickstep pulling with FDJ despite Masnada being in the break so they must be planning something for Remco surely? Any other reason why they might be doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Weather at the finish must be bad - Sander Kleikers hair was all mussed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Have really no idea what will happen today, don't know if the break will stay away, or who will attack. The last climb is more for the powerful guys rather than the lightweights, but doubt Rog will look to take time?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Man I hate watching descents. Poor Hagen was in serious pain there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Think it may have been a dislocation rather than a broken clavicle, given how they were holding his arm.

• Advertisement

Fernandez going old school grabbing a newspaper over the top!!!!!!!!

Fingers in position over eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Remco!

There's a lot of time to be pulled out in 7km.

A few lads getting found out here wow

Can Remco sustain this?

• Advertisement

Come on Vine.

Vine caught Padun, that clock was off.

Ayuso dropping Roglic/Yates too. The youngsters coming to the fore. Where is Almeida?

Almeida back in the Roglic group. Fair play Vine. Has to have it now.

FFS someone called me at 3.45, missed the whole lot

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'd say it was a mental finish but I couldn't see it

Remco over a minute ahead of Roglic on the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Mas is an incredibly dislikeable rider, never seems to want to go for it and just sits on the wheel. A bit of an effort there and they could have had 2+ mins over the others

Not too popular with the Spanish fans it seems. Mind you Remco's wheel is probably the worst wheel to be on in any race.

I thought Carapaz was a guy who much preferred crap weather, he ended up 4th of the Ineos guys, 90s behind TGH, Sivakov & Rodriguez.

Landa and Nibali gone out of the GC picture as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Very eventful day. Didn't see that coming, even the winner 😆.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

I don't understand why Ineos didn't help the chase when 3 of them were there. It's like they don't fight for the lead anymore. All the talk on attacking riding but letting Remco off like today was a weird one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

The cycling news comments will be in overdrive tonight with Remco debates 😄.

Regardless of how he finishes I'm delighted to see him get the chance to wear the red.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,429 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Remco showing the talent we all expected he'd have after his exploits as a teenager.

Jay Vine, what can you say, from Zwift to a stage win in the Vuelta, just awesome. I wonder how good can he be?

Ayuso showing up today too. We could have a four way battle for the Tour next year if they keep this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I didn't get to see any of the live coverage unfortunately, just the 25 minutes of highlights. It looked like an epic stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Advertisement