Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere to buy a physical copy of the new york times?

Options
  • 22-08-2022 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Preferably the weekend edition if that exists. Obviously an up to date issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Easons maybe?

Or Porter's on Patrick Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Think Eason's is closed atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭notAMember

Yes, there's a sunday edition. Has a couple of pullout sections and magazines. There is a US version, canada edition, international edition and a couple of languages, if you're looking for a specific item to clip out of it, just be aware not all the editions are the same content.

The airport newsagent has the international edition of it I think (WH smith?). And easons should too , phone around all the shops though, the stock is very hit and miss, the mahon point easons yesterday was carnage with the back to school rush.

Some newsagents will also order papers in for you if you ask, I think both ballintemple stores and menloe stores on blackrock road do orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Can I get into WH Smith without having a flight? Can't remember what shops are there landside, I'm usually just heading direct to security.

I called Easons Ballincollig and they only have the London Times whatever that is. They also told me that none of the Easons around town would have NY Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭notAMember

I’d say phone them is your best bet for all of them. Quicker than going in there.

I think I remember WH Smith being downstairs by the info desk, which is landside, so you should be able to get in. But don’t drive up there on the strength of my memory, give them a call.

• Advertisement

Just gave them a call. They have the regular small daily edition there today. Said it just came this morning.

I asked them if they get the weekend edition with pullouts etc. and somehow they didn't have a clue so I'll have to call again on Sunday.

Out of curiosity, why are you looking for it?

I know you probably want to read it at home but the library might have it. Or else they might have an online subscription you can use through the Libby app.

Just a once off novelty pressie for the father. He likes his Sunday papers.

Advertisement