Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister 'misinterpreted the requirements' after failure to declare second house in Longford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,761 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You bypassed the 'authorities' early on and said should 'quit'. Are you having your cake and eating it here?

It's a completely illogical position

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭HerrKuehn

But this is the thing with SF supporters, all over anything from a government party whereas they attack the messenger if there is anything negative about their party. The cynic would think you are more interested in the damage it causes to government parties rather than some actual concern about accountability.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭john123470

In your own words .. "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a .."

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

I understand the legal system, but I'm not discussing the Irish legal system. R Troy hasn't been found guilty of any crime as far as I know, yet Robert Troy has actually resigned, and you were one of the first falling for his resignation.

For what reason did you feel he should have resigned, and why do you think he actually did resign?

By the way I'm not "trying to tell you what party you support", I'm simply voicing my belief/opinion of where your political allegiances may lie, and I've given the reasons why I thought so.

You were also one of the first on the thread to start spewing the "innocent till proven guilty" spiel at the same time (hypocritical)

That's why I believe 100% your a FFer, you wanted him to quit to save party embarrassment, yet can't bring yourself to tell the rest of us what it is you believe he should have quit for.

Which is more than you've given any one the courtesy of when asked reasons why you thought this politician should quit, despite being asked numerous times for the reasons behind your calls on him to resign.

Ah now, is that really relevant when we saw the attacks here on the Ditch?

You might have noticed I entirely agree the Ditch has an agenda, a clearly stated one.

So I'm not going to be embarassed for pointing out an agenda here.

You might also have noticed that I outlined a very simple system of 'accountabilty' for them ALL.

Go read the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A large number of posts deleted

We have an off-topic thread for banter. This one is for discussing the topic in the thread title

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

This morning a few newspapers trying to compare Apples with Oranges in relation to #TroyStory.

It's embarrassing actually and their lazy journalism being called out, especially the Irish Times. What's telling and being pointed out is, they couldn't be bothered to simply check #RTB records when #TroyStory broke but more embarrassingly trying to equate Robert Troy's years of shenanigans and protracted misinterpretions is just Farcical. Two weeks into this and they suddenly find one or two TD'S, one most notably from the Main Opposition party 🙄, Bias alive and kicking in Irish MSM media.

The Ditch crew must being having a great laugh this morning with support growing at extraordinary levels.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,042 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Equally, someone admitting their guilt should be enough for you to accept that very same guilt.

Why don't you believe Robert Troy?

Why did you pass judgement on him by wanting him to resign?

A just responding to an earlier post About the Mob of Twitter 😏 Just Sayin , Fascinating you don't critise others in this regards Breni

• Registered Users Posts: 14,457 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

It's 1000% this.

They don't care about the issue itself, so long as it causes damage to the government parties. That is the point.

Sure we had one of the most frequent posters in this thread say as much. They are all part of the same cultish behaviour when it comes to 'that' party. Always an equivication, always someone else fault.

Sure, when SF was found guilty of mass GDPR issues with the Abu website, the same poster created a thread and started to blame, not SF but the Data Protection Commissioner for not stepping in sooner. Couldn't make it up tbh.

• Advertisement

No Mark - consistent I think is the word.

The Ditch as I said way way back, certainly has an agenda, as have other media. I can't think of one media outlet that is fully independent and impartial. Can you? Name it if you do, or otherwise I will just assume you accept the premise.

I'm an adult, I have eyes and sometimes it's so blatant only somebody with their head in the sand could miss it.

It's embarrassing actually and their lazy journalism being called out, especially the Irish Times. What's telling and being pointed out is, they couldn't be bothered to simply check #RTB records when #TroyStory broke but more embarrassingly trying to equate Robert Troy's years of shenanigans and protracted misinterpretions is just Farcical. Two weeks into this and they suddenly find one or two TD'S, one most notably from the Main Opposition party 🙄, Bias alive and kicking in Irish MSM media.

The only thing embarrassing here is your constant mutterings and disparreging comments about the established mainstream media. Populist right-wing dangerous nonsense emitting from yourself in regards to this story and the wider Irish Media. MAGA hat nonsense.

If you have such a problem with it, why are you one of its loyal customers?

The media's duty is to hold politicians to account. That includes your beloved SF politicians Francie. I know SF and their supporters have an issue with this concept but alas, if they want to get over their historical view that Kangerro courts are OK, then they need to come into the light and accept that in a modern western liberal democracy the media is going to go after you, as it's their job.

Crying over the indo doing its 'duty' is fairly pathetic to be honest.

Fecking love the phrasing here Mark. A masterstroke:

Sure, when SF was found guilty of mass GDPR issues with the Abu website

For the non sensationalists here, this is the OP of the thread in question, that I was told to open, if I wanted to widen out the discussion. Turns out I was right to ask the question as all parties were quickly found to have issues.

Deserves a thread if it's own with all parties having issues with compliance.

What are the implications of proper compliance to GDPR for Irish politics?

My opinion (not expert by any stretch) is that it is too restrictive in the modern age. I get that the data has to be available to people who want to know what is held on them But what are the implications of misuse of this data? Can anyone lay them out in a real world way?

Another question would be, what has the DPC being doing if this has been going on? Is he/she remiss in not checking this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

What you are pretending not to get is that the same people run and make the rules for 'the authorities'. We need what Kenny lied about to get into office, an end to cronyism, new politics etc. etc.

SF have **** all to do with this. Its beyond a joke how everytime the government get caught out, we, the rest of us who have a problem with cronyism, have to talk about SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭timmyntc

It's funny how active you are in this thread now - deflect deflect deflect eh?

O Dear Marko ,Touched a nerve have I .

I've spoken about the media's absolute laziness but especially our National Broadcaster & yes the Irish Times & Independent , was I wrong 🤔🤔 we now have the embarrassing spectacle of them trying to catch up after the Train has left the station, this morning comparing apples & Oranges and getting your favourite party .it's preposterous. 12 years of misinterpretions rather more concerning but no one foolish enough to have suggested other politicians have failed in their ethical responsibilities.

You had the cheek to drag Trumpism into this discussion and now accuse me of peddling Right wing dangerous nonsense, really Marko is there no end to your dislike for other opinions . I'd ask for an apology but would be wasting my time.

Loyal Customer, do you mean I've Donated to the Ditch , how do you feel about my subscription to the Irish Times (I won't be renewing) how about my occasional donation to the Gaurdian, heavens above I'll have to review my subscription to Classic Cars magazine now 😳

Try badly as you do to disparage others Marko , I've nothing to hide and it seems to infuriate you , I won't be deterred with your silliness.

The media should hold all politicians to account. All SF supporters do is attack the media if they hold their party to account, claiming bias. You have no interest in accountability or anything like that. It is the blatant hypocrisy of it that is so obvious to anyone outside the cult.

The Independent has an agenda clear as day as has the Ditch.

No crying from me.

I noticed you sidestepped the question about truly independent media...message received loud and clear. 😉

• Advertisement

Yes Brucie it's as predictable as getting 💩 on your wellies if you stand on a cow Dung.

Seems I've upset some by highlighting the factv Lazy Irish MSM belatedly trying to pluck info from the #RTB records, comparing what they've belatedly found to #TroyStory, utterly absurd its like comparing Apples & Oranges & coming up with SF. 12 years of Misinterpretions & this is all they can come with , beggar's belief.

I saw very blatant attacks on the media on this very thread HK.

Guess who was carrying them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Wrong thread

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

You have it there in black and white when SF were was caught with Abu. You

a) blamed the DPC

b) blamed the rules for being too strict, after the fact.

Thanks for confirming to me my point.

You assume its all sf supporters, that's the problem. Where do you think all of the lost FG voters went? To live on a desert island? Or do you think they became shinners?

No HerrK, by many government supporters.

Go look at the indignation and bile about the Ditch doing it's job. The Examiner routinely comes under fire from the same quarters.

You are remarkably short sighted.

When I say loyal customer I mean that you spend a lot of time being a customer of RTE and the like, yet you disparage them left right and centre. If you don't like it, watch/listen to something else maybe.

Going after mainstream media outlets is Right-wing populism 101.

Its notable that those who don't like the government and have a love for the main opposition party, SF tend to hold the same view as the GOP and their voters.

I didn't blame anyone...I ASKED A QUESTION.

And it turned out the answer was The DPC had missed issues across government parties. YET ANOTHER ineffective governmental regulatory body.

Poor you Mark...wrong again.

• Advertisement

This.

SF and their supporters have an issue with the media. There is tonnes of data out there to support this.

You don't hear FF, FG, Greens or even Labour or SD supporters giving out about 'da media', it seems to be mostly SF and the odd oddball like Gemma or the Healy Raes.

Advertisement