Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I as always assume RTE will be paying for Tubs Business Class flight as he'll do a 30 second promo for the Late Late show no doubt when over there so it can all be written off as a "work" trip......and the daughter's trip will no doubt be expensed too as they're his advisors. 🙄

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

Tubs congratulating the RTE Communications team on putting on a great show yesterday for the launch of the RTE Autumn schedule.

He considers this news.

Tubs - in the same segment - says he was surprised to find that actor Charlie Cox (Boardwalk Empire and latterly, Kin) is English. Then proceeds to say that he remembers when Kin was on all the press talking about how good Cox's Dublin accent was for an Englishman.

Fake accent time.

Saoirse Ronan will be a guest in a few weeks - cue Tubs and Joe Duffy and all of RTE saying it's the best film ever - without having seen it.

Tubs- the self-proclaimed lover of books - admits to having never read a Stephen King book.

FFS.

I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Shows his fakeness, has British people on,

the British and Irish are so alike, sense of humour etc.

Talking about an Irish copy of a British show, we are so unique and have a totally different outlook on life and do things much better.

Tubs saying Irish goggle box is better because they are not mean just a bit of slagging like he does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

2 gay blokes from 'Gogglebox' announce the 'uptick' in homophobic violence in Ireland is due to Joe Rogan (!!!!!!) and Andrew Tate (guaranteed they never heard of Andrew Tate until last week)

I know the absolute most heinous murders in Ireland recently were the two gay men decapitated in Sligo but not a mention of what mindset spurred that death violence.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Why Ryan left twitter

Obligatory mention of the Toy show which contained this strange observation:

"Toy Show 2022 is going to be very important for a number of reasons. I think people are going to be suffering economically and they're going to need the most beautiful, enormous hug. Families on the couch are going to be worried about their kids' affordability"

Nice little beg for Irish Beers, can't expect tubs to buy his own drinks after m.u.p on his small wages

That was really strange. He's getting into Gerry Ryan territory at this stage. Gerry was always dropping the names of local businesses, etc for absolutely no tangible return to him 🙄

Or nationality. Or religious beliefs. Or the fact the perpetrator was a relatively recently arrived into Ireland foreign national.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Youre all just a bunch of online trolls....mean and unkind....

Tubridy just ignores and puts his head in the sand when it comes to any criticism of him....

Its incredible really.....any kind of criticism (even valid points about his grossly overpaid salary) means you are a nasty mean troll....

Any kind of praise is great and to be welcomed.....all the time...la la la fairyland, instagram is delicious, kindness, la la la, pointing, trees, JFK , children laughing and playing la la la.....

You stay in your delusion Tubridy....the reality is the rest of the country are disgusted by your fraud.....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement

^^^ They're all so UNKIND

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Come one, come all let every Latchyco from the four corners in as if we haven't enough of our own.. Candlelight vigils can come later, collateral damage for the great unachievable dream innit

Not bullying, just a bit of slagging. 🙄

And then victim blaming when called out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Red Fred

The Late Late Show host Ryan Tubridy is preparing for a new season and a big birthday.

When he thinks about the future, Tubridy, who turns 50 next year, admitted he is very positive about what might happen after The Late Late Show, but he is not quite ready to give up hosting duties just yet.

“I do have more time to think about my future and where that might all go, and I’m very positive about what might happen after The Late Late Show, but I’m not there yet,” he said.

One aspect he had not anticipated when he took over hosting duties was the impact of mobile phones and social media.

The number of people stopping up to chat to the host has become “more intense”, but Tubridy said he is still more than happy to take a selfie or two.

“It’s much nicer if someone says can I have a picture, because I always say yes — always," he said.

But when it’s the surreptitious filming on the Dart or in the queue at the airport or something, it can be a little bit invasive.” 

He hasn’t put a number on how many more years he will host the show, but when the day does come to pass on the baton, it will be the Toy Show that he will miss the most.

“It’s been such an important part of my life, my world,” he said. “And also, now I’m meeting 22-year-olds in the pub going: ‘I was six when you started the Toy Show’.” 

Revealing some secrets about this year’s Toy Show, the presenter said the aim is to make it very special and with the theme already picked, it is “full steam ahead”.

As for his own landmark birthday, it will be “really low key” with family and a few friends — and maybe an Eddie Rockets food truck.

Well to be fair, he's in the airport almost as much as on RTE.

NK onto Eddie Rockets to provide the birthday boy and his guests with the truck and food for free as we speak - all in exchange for a post on InstaTubs. 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

People struggling to heat their gaffs and send their kids to school but don't worry this overpaid weasel is going to send you a patronising and insincere "hug" as he funnels 500k of your licence fee through his shell company. He's a horrible fella. Sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

He hasn’t put a number on how many more years he will host the show, but when the day does come to pass on the baton, it will be the Toy Show that he will miss the most.

“It’s been such an important part of my life, my world,” he said. “And also, now I’m meeting 22-year-olds in the pub going: ‘I was six when you started the Toy Show’.” 

Because he invented it himself, d'ya know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Saw a pic of him at the RTE new season launch yesterday. Does he really drive a Vespa on public roads or just in some oddball way use it as a prop for photo's? I've seen him use it in other shoots too.

Oh look the cùnt is pointing again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ya...i can think of a word ending with 'ker' that would be more appropriate....

If he does, which I seriously doubt, he's got a puncture and will be walking home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Tubridy complaining about invasive filming. Good one.

Remember the time he forced some singer (Tony Bennett, was it?) to take a photo on the street in New York? And then he laughed about it on air?

Oh and remember he took a picture of Paul McCartney even though he was asked not to. Even though he had been gifted tickets to some VIP McCartney gig, he still wouldnt respect McCartney's request not to take photos back stage:

"And I said something like 'Thank you for the music Mr. McCartney. I listen to you all the time' and I said 'Can we have a photograph' and he said no.

"Thankfully the former head of 2FM John Clarke was there and he had a camera. I said 'But Paul, John has a camera, would you mind?' and he said 'I'd prefer if you didn't'.

"Then I said 'John please take the picture' and he took the picture. Paul was looking at the camera saying 'Please don't'.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/8964453/ryan-tubridy-recalls-mortifying-encounter-beatles-paul-mccartney/

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

Listening to him last week, he had never been on a roller coaster ffs. He’s totally detached from modern reality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,043 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Wonder did he actually buy the Vespa with his own money?

That sums him up perfectly……don’t bother me you horrible plebs…..but I’ll do whatever I like with actual celebs even if they expressly say they don’t want to be photographed with me.

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Tubs interviewing Anthony Horowitz AGAIN today. Horowitz is to the radio show what Dermot Bannon is to TLLS.

Norma Foley giving a world class waffling interview on Morning Ireland now.

Tubs cracking himself up with a Joke - this was it:

"It's a grand day outside - Ariana Grande"

There's a slot on FunnyFryday for him after that.

Fake accent within 30seconds.

Tubs will have FREE tickets for his daughters for Harry Styles no problem, no need for him top worry about that.

• Advertisement

Tubs devastated he missed out on the free food and drink in the Aviva last Saturday.

According to Tubs,if you have your arm in a sling you obviously have trouble standing,🤔

Well don't ya know, Surgeon Tubridy has just the same medical acumen as Consultant Duffy in the afternoon.

Tubs brother is a medical consultant. Guess which one of them works the most hours in a year and earns the least?

I'll give you a hint - it's not Ryan.

Has anyone on here ever called a book or fire 🔥 delicious 😋 to someone, and how many swear words did they call you

I think it's dxhound (apologies if I'm incorrect) who defends Tubs use of delicious in almost every scenario. No doubt he or she will be along now to offer a delicious defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Kildare1976

Proof of what a liar Ryan Tubridy is and of how much RSVP and many other "media" outlets are just pawns in NKs little circus.

Ryan clearly stating that he had 3 weeks off when it was actually 4.5.. He finished up on Wednesday 13th of july and didn't come back until 15th August. Does he think people are completely stupid.

Apparently spent his time catching up with family and friends.

Poor little Adam King clearly isnt on the friends list despite Ryan's non stop boasting about how they are best friends (which in itsekf is beyond creepy). He only managed to see Adam after he return to work and was passing his door on his way to a junket in the Imperial Hotel in Cork for Michael Collins anniversary show (which was more self agrandising nonsense from Mr Ryan, I'm more irish than everyone else, Tubridy.

Such a coincidence that his visit was right on time for his LLS return media circus to roll into town. What a using, horrible little man he is. He had 5 weeks to call to him if he really wanted to.

When he says he was reconnecting with himself 🤔

Is that posh boys talk for having a w@nk,

A delicious and georgeous five knuckle shuffle

From rte.ie - I've put some highlights in bold: Ryan Tubridy on turning 50: "I've had a very charmed existence"

2023 is set to be a red letter year for Ryan Tubridy, as he made clear at RTÉ's New Season launch last week. At the helm of The Late Late Show for his 14th year, Tubs is also turning 50 in May and knee-deep in reflecting on the journey so far.

When asked what his bucket list items are for the year ahead, he quipped: "Well, I hope I don't kick it."

"I've had a lovely summer, great holiday. I'll be 50 next May, it does weigh on your mind, I'm not going to pretend that it doesn't, but not in a negative way."

"Forty was a bit ughh", he added, "and 50 is a different prospect altogether because you stop giving a damn, really, about what people think of you. You don't really take on board the bullsh*t, you just live your life as you want it, as long as you're kind and civil, if you can be both those things.

"I've achieved a lot in my life, I've had a very charmed existence, been very fortunate. I'm open to new ides, of course. I'm ready."

During the two years of the pandemic, as the country moved in and out of lockdowns, The Late Late Show became a source of vital information for the public, something Tubridy understands and sees as a form of social responsibility.

"The show did change gear. It suddenly became this town hall and you were like the mayor, saying, 'listen we're all in trouble as a country and we'll try and help you through this'", he said.

From there, the show began responding to the needs of the viewers, whether it was a surge in people suffering from depression leading to a one million donation to Pieta from viewers, or two million donated to St. Vincent de Paul as people started to feel the pinch in their wallets.

"Will we continue that? Not as much, we'll take the foot off that because it was [down to] time and place. We will of course reflect what's happening in the world in the way we do", he said.

With his own milestone in mind, Tubridy spoke about the changes he made to keep his own mental health sound. Central to this was staying off certain types of social media.

"I'm on Instagram, it's a very nice place to be. Very happy. It's not cruel", he said. "I was on Twitter, many years ago and I stopped and one of the great, most liberating things in my whole life I ever did was to take Twitter out. And despite what you might think, I don't trawl Twitter of a Friday night going, 'oh, I wonder what they're saying'. I don't care."

This came through in how he prepared his television and radio teams ahead of each new season: "We are not making television, and we are not making radio, for Twitter. We're making it for the Irish people. Twitter is 4 or 5 per cent, it's loud, it has a role but they will not be the judge of what we do."

Considering the heavy burden on his shoulders when it comes to informing and uplifting the nation, as well as the criticism that can be lobbed his way, Tubridy has a very simple method for keeping own life full of levity: "By ignoring all the things you've just outline, I ignore them all.

"It's actually really easy to do. If you just live off Instagram and read the newspapers online journals, just don't read underneath them.

"A few years ago I would have been so needy, and so weak of spirit, that I'd have to read it and I'd go off and nearly cry with how awful people are. Now, you don't have to and you just get on with the business."

• Advertisement
Advertisement