Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

And just announced another 35% increase in Electric prices by SSC , I'll say again 35%

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

How many houses/apartments have been blocked in the last 4 years?

I think we need to concentrate on every party who has blocked houses/apartment in Ireland and still continue to today. Email/call them today telling them to stop or they will lose your vote.

Jumping around with glee because the homeless numbers are increasing so you can have a pop at the government while sitting back and ignoring that the party you support is creating more and more people homeless is a bit strange to me.

As I asked before, are you willing to help resolve the housing crisis?

Blocked 🤔 do you mean by FF controlled councils, FG controlled councils, Individual FFG TD'S, there so many, help me out. I'm not aware of any councils controlled by the Greens. I know you have details of opposition parties objections but let's stick to FFGG

Who's jumping around in Glee BA 🤔 the expected figures are outrageous and Shameful, are you happy about this, I'm certainly not 😡

I would feel he has a strong personal vote,enough to hold the seat,moreso than it being a FF vote

If we used criteria used in normal country's,we'd be headed for 6 figure homeless figures

But hay,we have record numbers working,who cant afford a home,so it's all good according to utterly blind lemmings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

We have a few jumping around in glee at and well able to see the numbers working but ignoring/deflecting from/or defending the record on other major issues facing us

'Willfully blind' might be a better descriptor.

You'd have to wonder,as regards all this baiting around figures,given what's believed to come out by Xmas from the census figures......looks to me,they digging same short term taught grave that they did pointing at building commencement figures as a success,while whole thing is dried up ta fcuk

People can buy homes, everyday people are buying and selling homes. We don't have enough homes which is why I constantly ask people to contact the party/TD they support to make sure they stop blocking houses.

The homeless numbers are only going to continue to get worse while parties block houses in Ireland for political gain.

Two totally different topic which should be very clear.

It's tiresome the way you misrepresent.

Homeless figures will rise,once there is any reliance on private sector,it's a failed ideology has landed us there

,if we built 100K houses in morning,forgien investment funds and folks like Robert Troy would buy them up and further force the population into destitution to fund it,while our government activity works against the interests of its citizens to propagate this.....but whoo extra workers to bleed dry to line pockets of forgien landlords......a sick,and failed ideology spreading division and inequality across the world,driving millions into poverty while lining pockets of richest 1% since famine times

Incorrect, the majority of new houses/apartments are been bought by people in Ireland to live in and not for rental.

Ireland has a huge rental issue, the government has changed the laws to give tenants more rights etc and this has pushed out the small landlord. You can argue for/against this But trying to say then we should not bring in large rental companies who will provide the obvious requirements for rental properties is totally incorrect. A lot of people don't want to buy and never will buy.

End of day, Ireland needs more properties to buy and to rent. 👍️

Anyway we have a housing thread to discuss in more detail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Sorry, Dempo, but the bias is in your mind. The real problem with the Irish media is the fear of defamation cases. That is what the Council of Europe is concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

I commented. Why do you post falsehoods all the time?

Ironically you refuse to discuss Robert Troy and the way MM and LV backed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

You and your fellow travelers have turned every discussion regarding government current affairs into a Sinn Fein tinted analysis of the media you don't like while being critical of people for not liking the media you do like.

Except we don't need outsiders providing anywhere to rent,it's essentially exporting housing for the poorest in society to forgien landlords,who cant be trusted to act in favour of society

Your blind devotion to a ideology that has failed everywhere it's been tried is as weird as the Communists tbh.....what makes you think it will ever work here,your concerns/critisms of it,dont tackle the fundamental issue,and your determined to drive further generations of poorest here into destitution for benefit of forgien landlords.....didn't work in 1800s,isn't working now and never will

Devalera 100 years saw the folly of breaking country to serve forgien interests and stopped land taxes to English ....what is fundamental different to yous proposal for forgien large landlords and forcing people to pay them and crippling economic activity of the poorest to serve rich forgien landlords......it's a proven failure like

No need to apologise Blanch, honestly it's fine, just pointing out the patently obvious 😏

Discuss 🤔 I suppose this is the Main opposition parties fault also 🙄

Absolutely shocking

Considering that we have taken in 45,000 refugees from Ukraine in the last six months, it is remarkable that those numbers are not higher.

48K Blanch and rising and actually little to do with the figures released to today, you are aware figures have been stubbornly high since well before March 2022, anyway you are aware the refugee crisis is discussed elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Full employment, yet we have continuing record homelessness, a housing crisis, a broken health service, rocketing energy prices while companies make massive profits etc etc

'Something is rotten in the state', to paraphrase old Shaky.

I'm not going to play silly games of deflection Blanch we've been told not to discuss this matter on this thread and I'm respecting that. You bizzarely think government should get a slap on the back, extraordinary 🙄

Now your deflection aside, let's look at 2019 shall we, this was the previous record, I'll repeat, 2019 🙄

Your probably not terriblly interested but some more analysis of these disgraceful and Shameful figures today.

And just for context theres also Rough Sleepers too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

What part of "soft power" don't you understand? It is probably a stupid question as you seem to be willing to waffle about everything from databases to the media and fill posts with copy pasta to make it look like you have a clue. You don't! Publications tend to be very wary of upsetting large advertisers. That's a fact of life in the publishing business. You don't really seem to understand that business.

The Examiner is now owned by the Irish Times. That may have escaped your notice.

Vincent Browne approached John Bruton about running as an FG candidate. Luckily for Irish journalism, Bruton did not make him a candidate.

There was one very good Health journalist with the Business Post who got an advisor job. She really understood the field and did great reporting so hopefully politicians listened to her advice. Then there was one of Varadkar's biographers from the Indo who got a job as an advisor. A host from Newstalk got a job as an advisor. It is much more common than you realise.

Soft power, by its very nature runs on a nod and a wink. Political correspondents can't afford to have their sources go silent so they are very careful about problematic stories. After a while that can turn into a kind of self-censorship. You can do your own digging for the link from the 2016 GE with the polcorr claiming that a minority government supported by Independents was impossible. In 2016, the impossible happened.

The Village Magazine and The Ditch got some very good stories and one of them involved Varadkar leaking a confidential document to his friend. The Ditch got the ABP story and the Troy story. It is funny seeing an FFG poster on a forum trying to disparage them as being "fringe publications". Vincent Browne had high hopes for the Village Magazine but this is Ireland. Getting people to pay for good investigative journalism is always difficult. As for your ridiculous statement about the Village Magazine needing money to run, all publications, print and online, need money to run.

One can see how Paddy Cosgrave has become a bete noir for you FFG supporters. He's playing you at your own game. The problem for FFG is that the media landscape shifted. Denis O'Brien no longer has a major share in IN&M (the Indo and Sindo). He was forced to crystalise his €500 million investment in IN&M shares for about a €450 million loss. The Belgian Mediahuis company now owns IN&M. O'Brien also sold off his Communicorp radio stations to the German Bauer Group. The Indo still is extremely pro-FG and DCU's FuJo did a survey of how various publications treated the parties in the 2016 GE.

Mediahuis bought IN&M in 2019. Interestingly, when the Irish media landscape changed FF and FG started to decline. The Sindo has already started to reposition itself as a more centrist publication under a new editor. IN&M has also installed a new content management system and paywall as Digital is a major part of its strategy now.

In the 1980s, small towns often had two or more radio stations. It represented a threat to the stultifying control of the media. FF brought in a licencing system that ended most pirate radio stations in 1989. Ownership rules were conveniently relaxed in the 2000s and it led to radio stations being taken over. Despite concerns about concentration of media ownership, there was no political will to do anything about it.

A free press is much more than press release recyclers, future SPADs and institutionalised "political" correspondents. It includes small publications such as the Village Magazine and The Ditch that manage to get the stories that the large publications don't. But when these small publications break stories on FFG, they become, in your words "fringe publications" as you seek to delegitimise their existence.

Your ranting seems to get progressively unhinged. "These independent medias also has a crackpot element to them." The word 'media' is already plural. Media plurality is the foundation of a free press. The Web has helped with that. Someone once said that the media's relationship with the political establishment should be like that between a dog and a lamppost. That rarely seems to be the case in Ireland. A few decades ago, Troy Story would never have received much coverage and it would have been quietly sidelined. It would be no suprise to see FFG pining for those days.

Regards...jmcc

Post edited by jmcc on

Funny you mention Denis O'Brien, even when he was a share holder in media they ran news stories on all parties in Ireland. But you are complaining because you think they are Pro government. Based on what we have yet to see

Yet you praise an online media like "ontheditch" which it totally biased and has been created to sway public opinion towards one political party

So which is it? you want impartial/free media or not?

P.S. I don't expect you to answer.

Full employment is great on the surface but context rarely discussed, Record numbers of young people on low incomes, actually a lot of adults too, Cost of living impacts these people far greater, it's wonderful to have a full time job, it would be better if these folks could afford their rent or actually find a place to live.

I won't criticise governments achievement re employment but context is important, especially in these times when many will struggle to pay bills and have to make stark choices in the coming months. Disposal income is diminishing almost weekly and this is going to have an enormous effect on the home economy and whilst there's a lot of Kite flying, it remains to be seen if FFFG have any plan for what's coming which even to most optimistic analysts say is going to be Grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,298 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭shirrup

Great summary jmcc, nicely put.

13th on the World Happiness Index.

There is a lot going wrong in the world today, all over the world, thanks to Putin. Like during Covid, our government is doing well compared to most.

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mammychicken

Excellent post JMCC, intelligent, coherent, articulate, keep it up please.....

• Advertisement

Happiness doesn't pay bills or Rent Blanch

I recall a a statement many years ago by the late Jackie Healy Rae, it went something like this

"Beautiful Scenery doesn't put Spuds on the Table"

I kind of suspect your Happiness index may need reviewing in the coming months.

Advertisement