Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭acequion

Spoke too soon earlier, lashing rain now 😕 Hopefully just a one day blip. [Tralee]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Beautiful blue skies out this morning in Meath. Massive change this afternoon with dark clouds all around now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

As we approach the end of Summer I've been looking back over the rainfall distribution of the three summer months so far here at Durrow:

• June: 104.6mm
    • July 21.4mm
    • August 14.1mm (so far).

Giving a seasonal total of 140.1mm.

What is more interesting is four days out of a six day spell from June 24th to June 29th where 76mm of that 140.1mm fell (over 50% of all this summer's rain!) June 24th alone delivered 33.8mm from a thunderstorm; June 25th - 11.4mm; June 26th - 0.1mm; June 27th - 19.6mm; June 28th - 0.5mm and finally June 29th 11.1mm. Other notable June falls included the 2nd - 10.1mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭esposito

Drove through Gonzo’s neck of the woods this morning on the way to Navan and my god the weather was awful. Navan not much better. Hopefully it will clear away soon.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mostly clear and sunny in Greystones. 17.5c atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Hows the weather in Galway looking around Sept 5-11? I am planning a few days camping in the hills.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I wasn't expecting such a miserable morning, nothing very wet just very damp. Starting to clear up now with weak sunshine popping out for few seconds every now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

Go away with yer lovely weather crap, we badly need rain and plenty of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Another dry day here in Dublin 5. Haven’t seen any of this rain in these parts

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Although still dry in this part of Dublin it's coolest day experienced in a long long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭appledrop

So funny on the regular walk today, you meet same people we wouldn't know each other but always say hello.

Well today we were all chatting as we passed each other saying 'That's some change in weather!

I'm actually in for some shock when autumn hits, the last 2 months have been so fab and warm in Dublin even on dull days.

Today at 14 degrees and drizzly rain is reminding me of what is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭esposito

Yeah today is definitely a shock to the system. Miserable earlier driving to Navan but at least there was no wind. Much improved now though.

Not looking forward to the windy wet spells that will inevitably happen during Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

It's well improved this afternoon in Laois after a cloudy, cool morning.

Feeling pleasant in lengthy spells of sunshine. Temperatures 19/20c.

My least favourite weather type is cold rain and showers, what the forecast is suggesting in early September.

I'd much prefer a Biscay breakdown or some south westerly, southerly component, warm rain 😊

Post edited by Cumhachtach on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Lovely day in Cork, sunny and warm all day 👌

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭highdef

Beautiful evening in Meath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Met E forecasting isolated thunderstorms in the south for Sunday ........ looks like a fairly settled chart to me?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Good morning from Greystones.

• Advertisement

WOW DOCARCH.

Nothing to be seen Meath. Heavy dew.

Christ we badly need rain, place is parched, nothing growing

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Did not expect this! Beautifully warm and sunny in Firhouse D24.

Barely a cloud in the sky and no wind - a rarity for here!

This has been an excellent August one of the best I can remember.

Now all we need is a couple of feet of snow in winter 🤣🤣 and my weather year will be replete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Beautiful in Cork :-)

Ah now that's more like it, sun spilting the trees, not a cloud in sky but a nice light breeze so not too warm for those who don't like the heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Dazler97

In a sun trap and feels mid 20s without the wind its lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Beautiful day again in Dublin....summer 22 is the one that just keeps giving.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭snowgal

Thought it was going to be a day full of clouds here near Trim but it really is beautiful sunny and warm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭highdef

Very pleasant in Trim, Meath. Light winds and feeling very warm in the sun and mild in the shade. Began clear but has recently become partly cloudy. Sun is still completely unbroken but not for long. I'd say it could be mostly cloudy within the hour but can't complain at all about the weather today, up to now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭almostthere12

Cracking day in Cork, around 23C max, surprised how heavy it felt in the late afternoon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭mcburns07

What a brilliant August

• Advertisement

Lovely day in Laois. Maxing between 22c and 23c. Those 3C between 19c and 22c seem to be more important than any other 3c differential!

At 22c you can sit out in comfort, be it sunny or cloudy. Once the sun goes in at 19c you need more than a t-shirt if it's cloudy and there's any breeze, when sitting out. Grand if you're working.

Beautiful day yesterday Wicklow.

This morning dry, quiet and cloudy. Wicklow. 14⁰ this morning.

Great weather but rain is so badly needed, field's of grass burning up and having to constantly water hedging and flowers every day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭OldRio

Lovely Leitrim. No watering done.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Indeed, been a great spell of extended calm dry weather on the one hand but needing rain no doubt . Yesterday got up over 20C here out be the Kerry coast and already 20.3C under a thin layer of hazy cloud with little or no breeze, some patchy light rain and drizzle about today and showing maybe a few bigger showers popping up later but isolated and looks like not amounting to much. Getting loads of jobs done around the house during the settled weather this month, it has helped my paid work no end as I work outdoors a fair bit and have gotten some lovely coastal walks and had a short holiday during the hottest part but am very aware the negative effects on nature, at a local level been putting out loads of water for the wildlife as my ponds have dried up and they are coming to drink and bathe in their droves .

Could see getting up to 22 or 23C Mon and Tues, maybe up around 20- 21C on Weds through to Fri, little rain showing up until Fri perhaps. Will have to see how the weekend into the following week pans out, currently looking unsettled at times with a slow drifting area of initially not so deep low pressure but then goes on to show it later deepen well away to our SW/ S , could be quite wet in places at times but all depends on track and position of fronts. Interesting that the LP was initially set to lower our temperatures but now after an initial slight drop could increase temps again the following week if it takes up a position like currently showing off the SW /S ( near Biscay ) and drawing in more Tropical and Continental airs. This in turn could lead to more moisture laden warm airs and would certainly give the thunderstorm enthusiast weather to watch as it could turn quite convective in nature. Lots of moving parts but at least some interesting weather that might awaken me from my benign weather slumber 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭OldRio

I'll be cutting the grass today if the showers hold off for a while and Finn allows me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'm hoping this unsettled spell from next weekend gets downgraded. I know alot places could probably do with some rainfall but it would be nice to have the opening first week of September dry, warm and settled before autumn properly closes in by mid September. From then on it can rain all it wants. Overall i'm so happy with how this summer panned out but would love just another 2 more weeks of summer style weather because once it's gone, it's gone until next May or June and that's along time to be having cool to chilly temperatures with rainfall more regular in nature. This summer has gone by so fast, hard to believe we will be opening the autumn threads over the next few days and before we know it there will be the all important winter threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

All oeaceful out here in mid-ocean off Mayo.. Blissfully mild... and almost no wind so when I went out at first light to pick blackberries I made sure tha the dreaded midge were still asleep... Soon enough the autumn gales and storms wlil be here so I making the most of this and enjoying every while of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I'm surprised about the lack of talk on how dry and scorched the grass is. Maybe it's a local thing but down in Cork the growth is non existent the last 4/5 weeks. Indeed it will probably be next Spring now before it recovers properly!!

• Advertisement

Is next week looking unsettled? Monday-Friday?

For now just the weekend is looking like a bit of a cool washout. Saturday to early Monday. After that a fair chance of going back to higher pressure and something a bit dryer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Hosepipe ban issued for West Cork for 4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭Calibos

Any word on a ban for the east coast?

The 10 minutes of moderate rain here and there and a few hours of drizzle has barely wet the paths in Bray over the last few months. Technically the drought may have been broken in Bray from a 10 minute moderate shower during the T&L storm and a few hours of drizzle a few days later but in practice it most definitely has not

….or perhaps its the Bray micro-climate or Wicklow Mountains rain shadow in effect, where the drought remains largely unbroken in Bray and Greystones but the Roundwood and Blessington reservoirs have been topped up and hence no hosepipe ban for Dublin/Wicklow??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful morning in Kildare at 20°c already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Stunning day in Dublin 8...couldn't believe how warm it was at 7am on my morning walk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Unreal heat in Durrow this morning, 22.6c at 10am and now it's almost 24c in prolonged sunshine. There's a light breeze out there and when I left the house at 10am it felt like getting off the plane in Spain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭pauldry

17c and cloudy in Sligo.

• Advertisement

Nooooooo. A trip to lovely Dingle this weekend. No like the forecast.

Stunning day in Meath today. A day for the spf.

Advertisement