Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher Royal Hospital Kilmainham 27/8/2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Didn't know he had a new album out until I was checking out the setlist. Only plays one or 2 from his other solo albums. No Shockwave - that would have been a good live tune. 4 or 5 songs from new album, and then the rest Oasis songs.

Only had a bit of a listen to the new album. Didn't sound great, but that was just on first listen. I'll settle into it and give it a few listens before concluding judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

the charlatans announced as the support act

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Do you reckon that's it for support?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Have one standing e-ticket there for anybody who wants one. One of the lads didn't pull out and now he has had to pull out of the gig..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

I don't think I would ever go watch him again after the crowd at the 2019 shows. A crowd of rowdy gen Z people, if I was ever to endure another concert i definitely wouldn't arrive sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Any word on who is the first support act?

STAGE TIMES

Gates Open - 6pm

Support Act - 6:30pm

The Charlatans - 7:20pm

LIAM GALLAGHER - 8:40PM

https://mcd.ie/artists/liam-gallagher/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just mustard are opening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Anybody ever been on the disability platform in the RHK. Going with one of the lads who is in a wheelchair, don't have a clue what to expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Looking forward to this tomorrow. Haven't been to Kilmainham since Green Day a few years ago but liked it there

Crowd at LG last time I saw him (in Cork) was rough, but I think the Gerry Cinnamon crowd didn't help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Yeah Kilmainham isn’t too bad as a venue. Weather looks good for tomorrow also. Promises to be a great gig. Bonus that the Charlatans are supporting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

I’m in exactly the same position, one of my friends can’t make it so I have a spare standing ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's a grand venue sort of a mini slane in terms of where the stage is positioned with a mini hill facing it

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭slumdogemillionaire

Was really pleasantly surprised by the first two solo records but this one is disappointing I think, couple of decent songs on there

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cdemess

How strict are they on age limit? Tickets say 18+ but have a 12 year that wants to go to the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

i was in there today (i live beside the venue)

the stage is not down at the bottom of the hill like before. it is on the kilmainham side and is facing the RKH building. it is all flat, no hill. the bar is at the very back. the acoustics will be much better, looks like a good set up

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Did they take it down after mays shows and relocate it ?

here is a pic of the stage this evening, not the best to see what venue is like. this is on the kilmainham jail side facing the IMMA building (where the main entrance is).

i have not seen this layout for any gigs there before, i think it will be much better. looks class to be fair

• Advertisement

they take down the rig for any concert literally the next day. its a public area where people go for walks and all

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

They were giving out free premium standing wristbands at ticket check about 40 mins ago. Still empty enough here. Might be worth asking if anyone is arriving soon

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Enjoyed the gig although no Supersonic, Some Might Say or the albums lead single Everything's Electric.

What was the capacity of this venue? Someone working there said 40k but online articles of previous gigs said 23k but it looked nearer 40k tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Have to say - I thought the gig wasn’t great.

Saw him in cork a few years ago and enjoyed that more. Crowd around us was fine (premium standing thing)

Setlist went down like a wet fart I thought

Dunno what it was - I just couldn’t get into it

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Dutchy

Best thing about the gig was the crowd

Ridiculous queues for booze

Liam dialed it in

Farce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Yeah, gig was meh and we were right at the rail under Mike Moore (guitarist). Liam wasn’t in great form and as usual having words with his sound guy. I think they changed his mic about 3 times! His new songs are chalk and cheese compared to Oasis songs. The tempo of them is different and doesn’t seem to work in a setlist - I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

Just under 20K at it

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

I was really looking forward to the Charlatans and they didn't disappoint, the original madchester band and still sound the same..brilliant

share the thoughts previous posters, overall the gig wasnt good. Liam wasn't in good form and it just wasn't there and felt like he was rushing to the end of setlist and get the fcuk out.

venu was good, never been before but as per any irish outdoor event, queues for bar were brutal (gave up) and Jack's no better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

wouldn't go to see that toerag if he was across the road from me, just a glorified thug and not to mention mediocre singer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

He's an absolute scumbag. He'd be selling drugs with his hand down the front of his adidas tracksuit bottoms if not for his "musical talent". He has all the character of a used toilet roll.

Advertisement