Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest SIRO broadband

Options
  • 26-08-2022 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭

So my Vodafone 500 mbps broadband subscription is coming to an end and it will be €60 monthly now.

I don't want to pay this much and noticed Sky are available for €35 a month for 12 months.

Is there any better offer available?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

If you’re happy with Vodafone Just call Vodafone on 1907 and speak with the home broadband team. Ask them for a recontract offer. They usually give you 5E off the non discounted price but just ask for Customer Options team. They usually match the old price for another 12 months and away you go. Saves hassle of switching. Just quote Sky SIRO new customer pricing and they often match. Key is to speak with customer options team and not the first agent who will usually only give you €5 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks for this info.

Yes, I spoke to the rep on 1907 who offered me €10 off. But it is still high and I declined. So the rep said he will put me through another team, but it was a long wait and told me the team will call me back in the next 24-48 hours.

If they could match Sky €35 a month. I am happy to stick with Vodafone.

Thanks for giving this detail, I will get a bargain hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

This.

I was on €45 a month (inc calls to mobile) with VF. Did the above, and recontracted with same package for €40 a month.

I’ll be honest I wouldn’t be too surprised if you don’t hear from them but maybe try them again Mon- Friday anywhere up to 5ish. They may be open a little later but it’s always been morning or afternoon I’ve called and they’ve always put me through. Worth the call anyway if it saves you the hassle of switching. Always found the Customer Options team decent to speak to and never had a hard haggle either. Good luck

• Advertisement

Just an update:

I got the deal at €35 a month.

Thanks all

Great to hear. Worth the phone call

Advertisement