Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you move seats to allow families sit together on flights?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Would do, have done, wouldn't if they were being dickheads about it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

People are either unaware or Intentionally ignoring the fact that she had booked seats she just got the letters wrong, if it was me I’d have moved as well given they have small kids and I know how stressful it can be travelling with them, but it’s up to people to react however they want I suppose. A little kindness and understanding can go a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Beatty69

I need to go to the toilet regularly so always book an aisle seat no matter what the cost and usually legroom if it's available just for the extra comfort so no I'm not going to change seats with someone else when I've gone to all that bother for particular reasons.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

How difficult is it to click on the seating plan when booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Beatty69

Was once stuck in a middle seat when the aircraft changed after I'd made my booking, worst flight of my life, my idea of a worst nightmare, like being stuck in a coffin between 2 strangers. no way would I ever swop for a middle seat.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

They are running two aircraft types now - 737 800 + Max which have different emergency exits and are now being interchanged depending on demand means that issues which did not arise in the past are now materialising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If I go into a clothing shop, select and buy 3 French Connection shirts, I expect to go home with the 3 shirts which I chose. That isn’t unreasonable. It’s what I chose and paid for…

if I go book a seat 6A with X Airline, Flight ABC365 Dublin - Copenhagen, I expect to get that flight and sit in the booked seat which I selected and paid for…

people who make mistakes when booking, people who are not used to or familiar with traveling or booking… I am not inclined to care… you make a balls of things, live with it… don’t expect others to compromise their comfort to negate your abject uselessness. Take responsibility for your crapness at life and don’t expect others to be discommoded.

airline too, stop inconveniencing people and rewarding dipshîts.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'll generally go out of my way to help people - if I can - if they are nice and it is a genuine issue. Manners goes a long way with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

ah here, with most airlines you have to click on an icon of the seat you want, very hard to make a mistake there. if she does then thats her problem

That’s the thing, there is ZERO complicated about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭agoodusername

I did it a couple of months ago, a guy wanted to sit next to his teenage daughter. I ended up getting the window seat, flying into Farranfore for the first time, so it worked out nicely for me.

As long as I wasn't moving from a window seat to an aisle/middle, or aisle to middle, I wouldn't have an issue with it. I'd also be happier being at the back near the toilet, given that I always end up with people behind me kicking the seat or fiddling with the tray every 3 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭the14thwarrior

i believe he switched seats with her in the end so i'm glad it worked out for her

I got on a flight a while ago, paid for the aisle seat. A guy with long legs sitting in my seat, reluctantly got half way up to let me pass to the window seat, geasturing for me to go by him. I said you are in my seat, he said sure its much the same. I said indeed it is, and what a lovely seat it looked like....... when it was apparent i was not going to fall for his subtle, passive bullying, he had no option but to move to his window seat. arrogance !

not quite the same but i was on a ryan air flight on crutchs and leg in half plaster. four of us, sitting in the back row that we booked. full flight. air hostess comes down as asks us to sit in four seperate seats, two of the kids under the age of 12. Weight issues she said. back row and four people, (two were children) would off set the balance of the plane, and there were weight issues. we refused to move. even the guy in front of us and said if ryan air were concerned regarding four people sitting in the back air affecting the balance of the plane we were all in trouble. jesus.......

I would consider, and have swapped seats for some people with families but other than that...... very little mercy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Apparently the whole thing was made up, I guess she wanted the free PR or she decided to withdraw it when it backfired on her spectacularly and she came out looking like the complete wankeress...

The model told Instagram followers her run-in with a fellow passenger on her flight home was merely a "joke"

I wouldn't move if I purchased a seat or on an assigned seat if it involved me moving to a middle seat for someone. If it was her I wouldn't move if she offered me €10k in cash on the spot.

Surely she should have a staff to organise such menial tasks as organising transport, they are supposed to be worth £47 Million after all 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

WTF? She trolled us all...?

We need to find this fello..if he exists at all.

Je suis the "fuc king particular piece of sh it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭MakersMark

To me her face always reminds me of Team America - World Police

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

Why would she make that up as a ‘joke’? It was not funny and was never going to be funny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I believe it's the typical reaction of a bully when called on their antics. It was just a joke, indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Because she's an idiot and a publicity addict. Her comments fake or true were nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think the problem is her reaction!

"Then literally the air hostess came down and I asked her ‘Would you have another aisle seat for this ****** particular piece of **** over here?’'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Some people need to be in aisle seats for toilet access reasons. They don't want to be climbing over people every half hour to get access to the aisle. You'd think someone who has been through pregnancy and the pressure it puts on the bladder in the later weeks would get that. But then some people only ever consider their own needs and aren't able to even comprehend that others may have particular, personal needs too.

wouldnt condone that obviously but I’m sure she didn’t say that so that he could hear it. She didn’t cover herself in glory in the aftermath but people need to look beyond their prejudices and take it as face value , a family with very young kids, if i was in that position I’d try help them out.

You need to consider that people with out kids might need considerations for a variety of other reasons. It's perfectly reasonable for them to prioritize that over someone else choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I have the feeling her attitude probably stunk from the begging. No matter what is said/done Vogue is always the poor victim.

Also it's not just a regular family. It's a very wealthy family who usually have nanny. They probably weren't travelling in economy.

Which means the person being asked to move probably paid a lot for that specific seat.

Bubububut.. they have kids, get off the plane, give them your seat, luggage, oxygen,…hotel reservation and your favourite toilet seat from home…

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

This is some years ago now but I had paid for a window seat and arrived to find a couple in the row, with him in the window seat. They moved immediately when I said it politely to them.

But I do wonder slightly at the way some people go on, as they are walking towards their seat as though numbers and letters mean nothing or might have been swopped around so row 15 might not come after row 14... and ABC might somehow be on the same side as DEF. 😁

Advertisement