Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you move seats to allow families sit together on flights?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Yeah I don't think you go from nice to that nasty that quickly for something that mundane unless it's habit. That's allowing for travel+kids+stress.

I'm all for giving some consideration to families with young kids. But theres a sense of entitlement in this story that doesn't sit well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

Was on a flight to Pakistan from Heathrow, seat prebooked, 2nd seat in from the aisle, wide body aircraft. No problem, Arrived on the plane and made my way to my seat row. One burka clad lady already seated on other aisle seat, so I made myself comfortable in seat nr 2. Then another Burka clad lady took the seat between me and Burka clad Lady Nr 1, Still OK...then passenger Nr 4 arrived and sat on the aisle seat beside me. She also happened to be clad in a Burka. So there I was, one lone paleface, surrounded by Black Burka's. There was a lot of muted muttering going on before an elderly Pakistani gentleman, with a white hair and a long flowing beard approached me and asked if I would like to change my seat? Knowing Pakistani customs, I said sure, no problem. So he said "what kind of seat would you like? Take your pick..window, aisle, nearer the front or back?" So I said an aisle seat would be nice. One moment, he said, and sure enough, a moment later he came back and ushered up the row to where an aisle seat had been vacated for me. Under the circumstances, changing seats for me was not a problem on that ocassion.....😀

That's because it wasn't a problem for you and you didn't get a problem seat. That's not always the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭jmreire

I've since amended my comment Flinty, have a look again. Of course if you fly often enough, you are going to meet problem passenger's sitting next or near to you,,,the young kid sitting on its mothers lap who makes life hell for you by kicking the back of your seat, or starts shoving stuff out between the seats into your armrest etc. All the while the mother smiling lovingly at her baby.. The overweight passenger who sits in the middle seat and commandeers the lions share of the available space. The passenger who falls asleep and snores louder than the noise the earphones can hide.....the list is endless really. So when you are first in your seat, ( early boarder ) then you always look at who your fellow traveler's are going to be as they walk along the aisle, tickets in hand as they look at the seat Nrs. in one case when I arrived at my booked seat, I found the window seat ( my seat) taken by a young lad, with his father in the middle seat, When I showed the father my ticket, and pointed out my seat, he said, Ah sure he is only a young lad, and its his first time flying, can you leave him there? So I did.

• Advertisement

Doesn't really change that sometimes people have a valid reason for not moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

i'd have been far more interested in changing flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mravaya

In those days people did not have to pay extra for the right to choose which seat they sat in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

So Vogue made it all up?

What the f*&k is wrong with these vacuous cretins ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'd say it's more that she thought she'd get sympathy and is backtracking now that she's been criticised.

How could anyone think that's a joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maybe you'd need to be as rich as Spencey to get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

To be fair the comments said about the kids were uncalled for.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

Absolutely. Although why anyone would try to make celebrities out of their kids is anyone’s guess. But that must be their personal brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

And now she has the next tantrum because someone dared to call her spawn ugly. I have no idea who this woman is, but she certainly tries to cling to the limelight. Best to ignore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

They were flying from Gibraltar to the uk, not sure if you have ever done it but there isn’t any business class.

and again not sure what your experience of business class is but it’s not what she described in terms of the seating arrangement so my assumption is that it was a regular Ryanair / easy jet scenario

Because all mothers would take so well to that, imagine getting annoyed over someone calling your kids ugly, she must be a lunatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,284 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

But the event never happened to begin with so she might as well said she was going to the moon.

I was responding to someone else , I’d imagine it did happen and she is back tracking because of the poor publicity it’s garnering.

• Advertisement

Even if there was no business class, it makes no difference.

Vogue was bang out of order speaking about the man in those terms, when he'd done nothing wrong.

She made a complete show of herself and it backfired on her.

"Joke" my ass.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

There's no chance in this universe, or any other, that I'd swap an aisle seat for a window one.

You could fill every suitcase in the cargo hold full of fifties and I'd politely decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Something you should consider before parading the things around in the media.

The fact you refer to them as spawn and the things explains a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,284 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

And using them as props in ads to advertise washing powder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

This article just shows how out of touch she is. Z celebrates trying to make a name at any cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Juran

I would offer to move if I hadnt booked/paid for a specific seat.

This summer, we paid for 2 seats st the very front for leg room for a 3 hour Ryanair flight. While boarding, we were waiting for the crowd to board, I saw a lady in a leg brace and crutches with her family of older kids (18 -20 year olds). She was managing ok getting through the airport on the crutches.

When we finally boarded up front, she and her adult daughter were sitting in our seats in the front row. I stood looking at them pointing out this was our seats. They didnt even look at us or ask if it was ok. I turned to the crew and said our seats were taken, the crew said, she was disabled and needed to sit there. Still they didnt look at us, acknowledge us, nothing. If they asked and thanked us, I probably would have said it was ok. The crew directed back to row number 5 and we took our seats. My husband said just forget it. I was pissed off at how the crew or the lady didnt say thanks, we paid €19 per seat, €38 in total to book those two seats.

As we disembarked, they didnt thank us or acknowlege us. They were Irish, and not knackers or rough, just normal looking family. What a bad example that mother showed her daughter. In my head as I left the plane, I wished them a terrible holiday .. sunburn, heat stroke, stolen phones, lost wallet & passport, the lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I've been on Ryanair flights were the musical chairs act by drunken lauts got very annoying.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

• Advertisement

Yes mostly used by men in their 30s that are still waiting for their first sexual experience 😂

Advertisement