Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Sinn Fein fix the housing crisis or is it beyond them or anybody else?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

I remember maybe 20 or more years ago if a family was put up in a hotel or a B&B it made the national papers, such an odd occurrence it was. And if the council had to purchase a house to use as social housing it was a scandal.

Now we have FF/FG making all of that common place and their cheerleaders going after the recipients.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Yes we should all think of the drug dealer

Dont worry about all the children and adults affected by drug abuse which has ruined entire families and neighbours in Ireland

1300 less units after SF is why this is so common

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So leave children homeless and on the streets because you want some form of revenge on the dad?

How much uglier will this get one wonders.

There’s no votes with this angle BA, you just reveal stuff about yourself.

You are laughing at a family with young kids being made homeless and being put up in a hotel. Have a think about that.

FF started the regeneration scam designed to demolish 100% social housing flat complexes and replace them with private apartments, with 10% social.

When SF had the most seats on DCC but FF and FG had more combined and FG were in government, flats were still being demolished and add to that tenants purchasing and thats where your fewer social housing units figure comes from.

Currently in DCC and the rest of the country we are set to break the homeless family, children record yet again. How you can ignore all this to talk about one local council a number of years ago, where FF were responsible for demolishing social housing under a FG government marries Well with your laughing at a young family being made homeless.

It was FF/FG started making emergency accommodation par for the course rather than the exception.

Strange you think you can tell people what they are laughing at ….as usual you are wrong

Yesterday you said you would congratulate Sinn Fein for making people homeless???

Flip flop

• Advertisement

The post was regarding a young family being made homeless and a shinner getting them a hotel. You commented 'hilarious'.

Thats a lie. We know you are getting desperate when you just point blank lie. You are correct about the ripple effect of FF demolishing all those social housing units though.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭naughtyboy

The housing crisis could be fixed withi 5 years , the solution is very simple but unfortunately the councils refuse to build council estates which are 100% social housing. They won't do it because the councils do not want to manage these estates. If the councils build on their own land and build cheap and fast and in large volumes then everyone wins in the long run as rents and house prices will drop considerably

Private developers will still exist and they can provide ONlY for home owners including affordable homes with zero stock for social homes

It will work but unfortunately there is many people who complain about the housing and rental crisis but deep down don't want it fixed and I include sinn fein in that

“Desperate” over what?

You said you would ring and congrats SF for blocking houses and making people homeless once it stopped the government

SF ran DCC. No point repeating the disaster they made of it

Tryung to congratulate them now for the mess they made 🤦‍♂️

The desperation is trying to cover up for Sinn Fein again involved with organised crime

Anyway leave you to it, I made my point

Anyone who blocks buildings that are badly planned, are crony developments or which are ignoring regulations are to be congratulated. We have paid the price for that in the past.

A housing crisis is not an excuse for a return to the excesses of the Galway Tent ideology. Not gonna be allowed to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

If you don’t want a development built next door, you will find a problem with it to object about. Fact is that the bar for objecting should be raised so that NIMBY s are not listened to.

• Advertisement

Desperate because you made it up.

I said if I did email them it would be to thank them for blocking Robert Troy type legislation and horrible not fit for purpose deals.

I did not congratulate FF for those 1,300 or so less social units due to their regeneration scam.

More made up stuff. I suppose FF demolished all those social housing units in favour of private builds for lols...and not brown envelopes....

Strange you think you can tell people what they are laughing at...

The irony and lack of self awareness here ^. You blithely tell others they 'are laughing at the Ukrainians' or at those caught in the housing crisis on other threads..

I wonder who we'd blame for the legislation that allows that? Hmmmmm...I suppose that's the Shinners fault too?

Hmmm...so the Taoiseach's claim is MISLEADING.

Did you read the article? I guess you didn't because none of the objections were on the basis of NIMBYISM

The vast majority were because of bad planning, cronyism and insufficient provisions for social housing.

Try again. That you had the bad manners to call me a 'muppet' is looking hugely ironic. 😁

Again, if you don’t want something built next to you, you will find a reason to object. I doubt many object saying “I don’t want all those next to me”.

You are correct though, the Taoiseach mislead us, it wasn’t 6000, it was closer to 7000.

Glib and without the proper context comments are not very helpful.

Do you think bad planning, cronyism and legislated housing requirements should be ignored?

If so, you are just the reincarnation of the folk who fucked this country up in recent memory.

Go away back to the drawing board and come up with developments that aren't ticking timebombs or tomorrow's problem housing or worse still enriching the crony few.

Blah, blah, blah. In a time when properties are needed for everyone, SF are objecting.

SF, SD, PBP and Labour. Don't go giving the shinners all the credit.

FF, FG and Greens have objected solely on the effect of their constituents property values. But don't let yet another record breaking level of homeless people, families and children get in the way of your party political broadcast.

I’m not, I’m saying they are all hypocrites, SF are no better, so how anyone thinks they will solve the housing crisis while objecting to house builds is not clear.

Sinn Fein wont

I asked on this thread and others for SF supporters to reach out to the party they support and demand them to stop blocking housing project

None of the SF supporters would do it, instead one told me they would ring them to congratulate them for blocking project

In regards to the number blocked by SF, I shared that before and Francie came back, not saying it was a lie SF are blocking, no that the exact number was incorrect 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

As if that was some great win for Sinn Fein 😡😡

Balffling

As I was clear on all the threads SF are not there only ones blocking over the years but if we look at the housing crisis now they are the main culprits and continue to block/slow down on a weekly basis. Then get on tv complaining about the homeless numbers 🤷‍♂️

• Advertisement

You have yet to provide a scintilla of evidence that sinn fein are,as a policy objecting spuriously to housing

Repeating a lie,over and over,simply deosnt make it fact,we know liberials hate facts and logic,but lying makes baby Jesus cry

Except it's not,whole lot of misrepresenting and outright lying,but not an iota of evidence pertaining to sinn fein,as a matter of policy, objecting spuriously to housing

Just because liberials repeat it over and over deosnt make it fact,since biblical times there been doubting Thomas's,and yous simply throwing out statements and attempting to browbeat others into believing stuff isn't going to work on anyone with an IQ above 12.....time to pony up some actual evidence of this policy,not some conspiracy theory stuff that appeals to yous personal dogma

In a time when properties are needed for everyone....

...you are not going to be allowed to make extra bucks for pariahs or rush through housing that will only cause problems down the line like the bad developments you and me are paying for now. What was the bill to fix bad planning in one region recently again?

not to mention pyrite and mica bills we will all have to pay because regulations were ignored.

I don't think SF are better, I hope they are. I don't see the point in a conversation about housing turning into a 'RA or junkie conversation. We are set to break records once more. Its disgusting.

Do you repeat the same lie over and over because you didn't read them or you simply ignore it when you are corrected? I fully support blocking not fit for purpose crony deals. Only FF/FG/Green, that I'm aware of, have blocked builds because it might damage constituents property values, which you said you don't like, but won't say a word about. You also ignored how MM and LV backed Troy and the national records breaking (again) crisis.

Post edited by Brucie Bonus on

Only part of the post which is correct "that I'm aware of"

It is good deflection every time

It's boring the back & forth. You have provided nothing to explain why Sinn Fein ran DCC and ended up with 1300 less units than they started with in 2014. Just a load of excuses and blaming everyone else. They got voted in and released article on their website saying they would build houses, which they didn't do and are part of the housing crisis in Dublin. A huge part

So carry on, I have no interest in responding to the constant deflection. It is just ruining the thread for others

You have provided nothing to explain why Sinn Fein ran DCC and ended up with 1300 less units than they started with in 2014.

So sorry, my bad.

In the link you supplied, it states there were less units because a number of flat complexes were demolished and the rest were down to tenant purchase. FF started the demolition of 100% social housing complexes to be replaced with private, 10% social. Maybe for lols or brown envelopes, who can say.

FYI, SF had the most seats on DCC, but FF/FG had more and FG were in government. Also, before and since FF/FG on a national and local level have broken records on the number of homeless families and children and are set to do so again.

So I hope this helps. If I were you I wouldn't concentrate on what FF did several years ago, but more on what they and FG are doing now, also in DCC.

The FFers and FGers cannot tolerate change. If it's SF delivering carnage at least we can say it's unsolvable.

• Advertisement

Nothing is unsolvable,so long as people with enough drive and ambition are put into right areas and enough political will exists,and pushed by a populace whom refuse to settle for mediocrity.....

almost anything is possible,and any area of social decline can be rectified

Advertisement