Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW4 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Any have captain stats? Top 100k etc even? Can't find them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Gets me Gross points off the bench but does little to make this week less painful.

Also have to get Haaland. Simple KDB sacrifice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

59 with Zinchenko, Kulusevski, Martinelli & Jesus left.

With every passing minute captain Salah was proving to be more of a killer. 9 goals and not even an assist haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Well then, this Salah blank will go down in FPL folklore 😲

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

KDB 🙄 I got away with murder captaining him

everyone in my league bar one captained salah

I think the site is f**ked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Imagine TC on Salah this week...

My colleague did. I feel his pain... Will make sure to offer him a full support on Monday morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Gusser09

51 with kusulevski, Jesus, Martinelli, perisic and williams to play.

Over 3 million of players are double checking their captain points and keep refreshing hoping it just not updated yet ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I've played this game for far too long at this stage.

But that is the maddest incidence of FPL luck/variance I've seen in all that time.

9 goals. Nothing for the team's chief goalscorer, plus he misses two sitters. so it wasn't 9-0 where he was just nowhere. And he played the 90.

The Haaland and Jesus captainers have had the biggest slice of help I've ever seen. It eclipses Havertz (7-0 Chelsea game) v Salah (Utd away) captain swing last season, easily.

It's why we love and despise the game at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

A couple of people in my ML's triple captained Salah , how sickened would you be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Could do with Fulham scoring, so many people with Arsenal defenders in my leagues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just got home and checked the scores and I was so excited looking to see how many of the nine my captain scored. How on earth does that happen?

Might be an unpopular opinion but to put TC on Salah this early in the season is quite silly.

It’s one of the most effective chips available to us, usually best kept for DGW’s. Salah got 90 last season IIRC?

Salah unlucky of course today, I captained him but not once did I think of TCing him. If anyone did, I wouldn’t have too much sympathy tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

White booked.

Arsenal dominating but only one shot on target so far.

It's not unpopular opinion tbh.

But the way he blanked today must be frustrating for those who risked it that early.

I rather wait for DGW to get my 2 pointer triple captain (eg Lukaku few seasons ago :( )

• Advertisement

Jesus booked

Mitriovic goal.

A pure gift from Arsenal.

Mitrovic goal

Gabriel howler

4 in 4 now for mitro and he missed a pen

He's lethal when he gets a chance

Odegaard (Saka)

I was put off Mitrovic because of his age...I just seen he's only 27.

I thought he was 33/34 haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mad stuff 63 pts & looks like a red arrow.

No Diaz killed me even though I’d a good range of other scorers.

Crazy game at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Martinelli has been wasteful.

• Advertisement

Gabriel goal (Saliba)

Jesus subbed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Salah has cost me about 1.5 million places in the OR. How can that be possible, 9 goals and nothing for him... Very very very annoying today.

81 points all out. Massive green arrow up to 165k from just under 1 million and Salah was my Captain.

Robbo, TAA, James, Saliba, Gross, Haaland all chip in with cracking scores.

HEWT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

46 points with Perisic, Kulu and now Neco Willliams (sub for Zinchenko) sees me tumble to 1.6 million.

Transfer of Diaz to Rodrigo a disaster but I didn’t want 3 Pool with how poorly they’d been playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

84 points all out and up a million places to 171k. Delighted with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Yeah, closer to 2 million OR drop now the rankings are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

You are aware that over 3m players captained Salah? You wouldn’t be the only one gaining his points, so I’m not sure how you think a Salah haul would have raised you 2m spots.

Sounds like you didn’t have some of Haaland, Luis Diaz, TAA or Sterling to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

68 with Salah captained and Perisic to play, very happy with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Disagree with that, anyone who threw the TC on Salah did so because they thought Liverpool would hump Bournemouth, which they did. Salah is the most FPL prolific player of the last five years. According to fantasy fix his odds of not getting anything in a 9-0 win were 1 in 2,367,596.728. It's just a freak event but the guys decision making was sound, another day he gets five and they're a genius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Jesus, Haaland & Salah all failed to score against Bournemouth in hammerings.

Bournemouth concentrating on shutting out the main man that they forget about the other 9 players!

What a wild day!

75 with Neto to come in, so hopefully I get at least another point…

ALL the lads in my league had Salah captained, so I enjoyed that 90 minutes of frustrated WhatsApp messages.

My main opponent (from another league) has trippier and cresswell to come in, he’s currently on 71 and and 3 points ahead, still early days though.

I agree with what you’re saying but IMO, it’s sound decision making putting the (C) on Salah only, not TC.

We could easily have a DWG in 2023 where Salah/Haaland is facing 2 poor sides - if he fails in one you still have another game to return at least.

Best example is Salah last year scoring circa 90 points in a DGW, pretty much impossible to achieve in a SGW. Firmino had an incredible return with 2 goals, 3 assists, 3 bonus and ‘only’ got 22 points. If he’d another game, atleast you’re getting another few points. I’d see it as risky in a SGW tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Didn't see any of the 3pm games yesterday, bit annoyed that I took the captaincy off Haaland, but with seemly high numbers going for Salah, didn't want to take that risk. meh.

Obv didn't see the Liverpool came - were Bournemouth just terrible and collapsed or where Liverpool really good?, hard to know who to captain next week, do you go with the team that are scoring goals for fun, or the player that is scoring goals for fun.

Those who TC do so for many reasons, and it's easy just to look at the bigger picture, the poster could for instance

1. Be in a monthly league and has the chance of winning a great prize for August and saw TC v Bournemouth as chance to seal the deal.
    2. Be in a monthly LMS where they are at risk of going out and figure this will help them.
    3. Be in a GW league where the highest score wins a prize
    4. Be doing crap the last few weeks and just wants to kick start his season - would probably prefer to get 45+ points now than maybe 70+ points in GW30
    5. Be miles behind his mates and losing interest and took this gamble

Regardless of how it turned out - if someone told you beforehand that Liverpool where going to beat Bournemouth 9-0 and you had no other information, you would probably be very tempted to put the TC on Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Wolves XI: José Sá, Jonny, Kilman, Collins, Nélson Semedo, João Moutinho, Rúben Neves(c), Nunes, Gonçalo Guedes, Jiménez, Pedro Neto

Subs: Toti, Dendoncker, Daniel Podence, Campbell, Aït-Nouri, Mosquera, Hwang, Sarkic, Traoré

Newcastle XI: Pope, Botman, Burn, Schär, Trippier(c), Longstaff, Joelinton, Willock, Wood, Almirón, Saint-Maximin

Subs: Dummett, Anderson, Targett, Ritchie, Darlow, Fraser, Lascelles, Murphy, Manquillo

Aston Villa XI: Martínez, Digne, Chambers, Cash, Konsa, Coutinho Correia, Douglas Luiz, McGinn(c), Kamara, Ings, Watkins

Subs: Buendía, Nakamba, Young, Ramsey, Olsen, Iroegbunam, Bailey, Archer, Augustinsson

West Ham XI: Fabianski, Cresswell, Kehrer, Zouma, Emerson, Johnson, Fornals, Bowen, Rice(c), Soucek, Scamacca

Subs: Ogbonna, Downes, Antonio, Coventry, Coufal, Benrahma, Lanzini, Cornet, Areola

Bailey on bench again will hurt a few

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

I need a 25 pointer from Son today. Despite being generally happy with my team I'm currently down to 3.5m OR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement