Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

5.40 Bellewstown

mebbe it'll rain, and the juice in ground'll giv us picks a squeak,, here they be:

COVIGLIA 5/1 , HELEN DE POURTALES 20/1 , HEER AT DAWN 8/1, SAGITTARIUS RISING 33/1 , MANHATTAN DANDY 8/1

go ew on em all

😄

GL

1.50 Musselburgh HARRY'S HERO 11/2 WIN ,, gets a good shout out in RP,, Alice Haynes' only one at the course, and it's a fair distance she sends the entire,, good strike-rate she has from the last while from sending hers today's distance, at around 33%,,

3.40 Lingfield

REAL ESTATE 6/1 WIN NAP

COOL SPIRIT 14/1 EW

gl

HUP !!

wins easy at 6/1 in an eventful race ☺️☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I was on Real Estate too with no luck... Cool Spirit blew the turn, no chance from there.

• Advertisement

2.00 Carlisle

ALBEGREY WIN 7/1 , HOSTELRY 3/1 WIN

GL

2.25 Navan

POLAR BEAR 4/1 WIN

hope he leads here 😂 can't be having the ~ 7/4 fav Sioux Spirit

gl

^^^

done DRUNK IN LOVE 7s ew as well, plus chanced r/f

no joy today :(

It's hard to find a runner in this race!

• Advertisement

The Defiant might not like the soft ground in that one...

The Highway Rat is opening his season @6:35 Tip, not surprisingly drifting like mad on the basis that turf isn't his favorite surface but I'll be watching with interest.

6:45 Misty Dancer 7/2 to put her experience to use today.

Winner winner chicken dinner 🥗 Thank you, notebook. (I also missed couple of long shots that were suggested by it (*insert curse words*).

The Defiant got beaten by a nose, thanks God! I've had enough of not backed winners today 🤣

2moro 😊

Goodwood 3.00

Soft appears to be the going here. PERFECT ALIBI 4/1 WIN. Perfect Alibi won over the 1m 4f trip three runs back when making all at Newbury. She also won lto over 13f at same course on good to firm, so will hope she can make all over slightly further and on softer going. The 1.5m win was on good to soft, so isn't fully proven on soft. In her favour also, is that this is only a small field of four (has made all running when winning in small fields before) and nowt else looks like making running here [looks like she needs to lead to win tbf]; which she seems likely to do.

The very short ~ 2/9 fav Hoo Ya Mal has only one victory from seven outings, and is pretty much unproven on soft. He came third on his first ever go, which was on heavy going at Sandown, but that was a 2yr old race over 7fs. He aint ran on ground with any mention of soft, or worser, since then though. Eminently opposable imo, and i've chanced lay @ ~ 2/7.

2.40 Bev

Going is good-good to soft in places. hard to know if it'll get betterer or worser, or stay t'same,, I dinna. Anyroad, pen landed on three, and me'll de em WIN only : KING OF STARS 15/2 , TIS MARVELOUS 3/1 , BARBANERA 28/1

Gl

1.20 Curragh

Going is 'Good' , but for all I know, it might well be soft already. Am gonna asshume it's gonner be soft/softish; and, with that in mind, me picks:

GULF OF MEXICO 4/1 WIN

AP O'Brien's 2nd string, and a newcomer, but should like the ground if it gets soft - mayn't even need soft to go well. His ~ 5/6 jolly Cairo should go well, but i'd rather be against incase rain cometh, and also cos he's tres short 😃

MALACANNE 25/1 EW . Malacanne seems to have seen some early support. Have a hunch that this one of JP Murtagh's can go well here.

2.25 Goodwod

SAFE VOYAGE 14s EW

Out of form, but can go well on soft. Has a chance if leading here. A long way from one what deserves maximum faith, but will go small stakes anyroad in hope. Not a great price tbf, but fekkit, John Quinn's 9yr old will do me here for an interest.

Also, in same race - which looks to have a lot of early pace/likely leaders in it - will chance putting up a three & four place lay on ORBAAN ~ 4/1, at around 11/10 & 4/5,, thinking is he'll be held up and will have too much ground to make up late on, as I expect he'll be closing fast here; though i think he wants a mile and/or better ground to win - neither of which will be happening today, as race is over 7furlongs on soft ground.

☺️

4.41 Redcar

my three EW agin t'field:

CRIME FICTION 14/1 , BRYCE 50/1 , GOBLET OF FIRE 50/1

GL

What about Tacarib Bay in 2:25 Goodwood?

It's way too much racing on today, I don't know what to throw myself at.

hard to know about Tacarib Bay - he's lightly raced and been highly tried running in some proper races,, prolly won't be far away, but not for me,, "awkwardly away in latest race" , "clipped heels" three runs back,, both his two wins [both at Haydock] come on soft ground, nd i fink going is 'upgraded' to good to soft from soft-good to soft in plcs, which was given description y'day/last nite,,, i'd be lookin for summit else, me 😋

Gulf Of Mexico 2nd by neck, it was fav's turn to win, I suppose so. I don't like Orbaan in 2:25 Goo either... I like Keep Bidding in 4:10 but I'll see how my crazy doubles gonna do first and if I get enough returns, I'll back Keep Bidding later. *** feeling too adventurous today ***...

• Advertisement

sickener that - tis almost like they give jolly a freebie :( be a long time waiting for to get 4s on Gulf Of Mehhico again, ne'ermind the 13/2 what he returned at 😢

1.50 Goodwood MOTTISFONT 10s will do me EW here

Queen Olly in the 13.50 - 8/1

Buick had an easy time of it there - a ruddy ''married man's gallop'' , as Weaver would say, for first five furlongs 😏

Wowzers in the 14.10 at Newmarket - 4/1

5.30 Bev

ZIHAAM 7/1 WIN

Can't see owt obvious here. The two favs - Dr Rio ~ 2/1 & Your Love Is King ~ 3/1 are in reasonable form lately, but their wins to races ratio is fair poor. I can see Doctor Rio in first four or five (as he goes ok over this ~1m 2f trip on good ground) but he's twenty runs w/o a win, and although he's improved in his last few runs, there's nowt really to say that he's 'due one' , as some of his decent placed efforts at around this trip were in races ran in slow enuf times = not for me.

It's been a year since Your Love Is King gained his sole victory. That was on good to soft at Notts over similar trip and grade. Since moving stables he's had four spins; with the last three being on turf over 10/11fs on good/gd to firm ground, and all in Class 6's. May try make all but can't see him win. Looks like one that might have some joy at Nottingham perhaps, as he rarely runs a bad race there; but, all in all, unless he improves, i aint seeing Luke Morris getting a 2nd victory for this 4yr old today.

Nothing else really appeals here.

Onto Pick:

ZIHAAM is 8 and dropping down the weights. Is a multiple C/D winner and Ben Curtis has won twice on him. Has been slowly away at times in his last few races. In his defence, it will be his first time in a while running in a basement grade Class 6 with a proper jockey atop (ran in a couple of Class 6 Amateur Races recently - both over C/D where he wasn't far away) . Could well come nowhere, so will go win only here on a not so confident pick.

Not a lot of strength in depth here, with a lot of out of form horses in it. Bit Of A Quirke ~ 6/1 is another towards top of market what doesn't appear to have sound claims. Another one, like Your Love Is King, what might try lead here, and ultimately fall short. Whatwouldyouknow ~ 7/1 looks to be one more at home over 9fs - when on a going day - so not too concerned 'bout him neither.

:)

1.50 Goodwood

A few in here that can be given claims: Punchbowl Flyer ~ 14/1 would have a chance should the going get soft imo,, Dusky Lord ~ 7/2 prolly wants good to firm to be seen to best effect; his win at Brighton last August springs to mind, tho that were a lowly Class5 - is a Class2 today however, and on ground that's currently described as Good to soft,,

Tom Marquand won lto on the ~ 9/4 fav/2nd fav Many a Star - that was his first spin on the 5yr old, in a race ran over C/D on Good to firm going, also in Class 2. Ground is apparently on easier side today, and although he looks the one to beat, i'd rather be against with 'Soft' in going description.

The red hot William Buick gets leg up for first time on Fivethousandtoone, the ~ 7/4 fav with some books, but he looks far from obvious at the prices; whatever the layers are seeing eludes me 😄

pen landed on multiple CD winner ATALANTA'S BOY ~ 6/1 WIN. He's having his first run for the out of form trainer Martin Smith, and the horse himself has been poor in his last three runs, although excuses can be made for them should one wish, and i do 😆 - restless nd awkwardly away lto, 5f race the time before that, and his 3rd last race were over C/D, but on soft going. Will go win only here in hope.

GL

Might give the 3.55 & 4.35 Yarmouth races a look later on, and also interested in Amateur Jockeys' race in t'last at Goodwood,,

a quick look at 3.55 and CUBANISTA ~ 9/4 is jumping off page as far as solid winning claims goes; aint looked at any of the rest of em though 😊

dat's all for now tho' 🤣 🙂

3.55 Yarmouth

fancy half the field here 😃

Fav was short enough earlier, but now Cubanista is ~ 15/8 fav... Came third at Wetherby over 1m on similar going four runs back... has gone well at the course recently, when winning over 7f here at Yarmouth; not so sure about the step up to a mile though, on what's a sharper track than Wetherby..

Apart from fav, I had it 'narrowed down' to no.'s 5,7,8 & 10.. hard to know what wins, and there's about 6/10 of this field what are 3yr olds to complicate things more..

have narrowed it down to two picks, who hopefully have ew squeaks:

KINGWELL 12/1 EW , MISS CANDY 7/1 EW

both can go well on turf on good ground at ~ 7fs, but neither has any proven form over 1m, and Kingwell is yet to win,, no NAP material so far, but t'search goes on 😃

• Advertisement

4.35 Yarmouth

Helluvaboy ~ 16s is on the drift,, tempting at the prices,, he won lto at Leicester over the seven when making all,, might not get to do so here today,, might do him yet for pennies.

Special Mayson ~ 8/1 can go well over CD, but would prefer him with a bitta juice in ground.

Justjamie ~ 18s is also on the drift here,, came 2nd lto over 6fs at the course, but perhaps the step up to 7fs aint entirely suitable?

Will go with just two here, altho i could have four or five 😃

PRISCILLA'S WISH WIN 9/4 NAP,, multiple CD winner, is in form, goes on t'ground, and has a highly rated apprentice Harry Davies (3) taking the ride for the first time. I have her at about a 7/4 - 15/8 shot and wouldn't be surprised if she's trading close to evens at some stage, so deserves Nap vote..

SHALFA 13/2 EW ,, 2nd over C/D two runs back, and a winner over 7 at Brighton lto - solid claims..

might stick Helluvaboy & Justjamie in along with the two picks for combi f/c + t/c purposes 😊

Advertisement