Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭HBC08

I'm arriving from the west about 4pm,is there any specific car park I need to go to? I'm guessing the carparks are just fields with people directing you?

Also how long can I expect to queue for at this time? Speaking to friends who go regularly they don't seem to remember any sort of real queues to get in.

Last question,I've mentioned in previous posts I'm staying with a mate who's arriving a few hours after me in his camper.Im guess there's a separate entrance/avoidance of car park for the campervans? If so it might be an idea to try to meet up with him and hop into camper before going in to festival.

Apologies for first timer EP virgin (aged 44!) and some people have been good enough to respond to some bits of my post before but I'm looking for a few opinions and advice!

Whatever happens it'll all be grand,just trying to get an idea.Also,I've havent owned a pair of wellies since I was 8,I kinda agreed to go to this thing on a long term weather forecast that said Indian summer all Sept?! That's the deal right??

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Are ginsberg and Eiriu relatively new additions? I also don’t think I’ve heard of the Poets campsite before either. Is there anything different about them?

75% sure I’m going with eco camping but if there’s any other “quieter” campsites on offer I’ll happily head elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

@HBC08 Indian summer all the way for next weekend.

But for those other years when it’s been very wet, I’ve never seen Stradbally really need wellies. Maybe think about hiking boots though. I usually wear runners and switch to hiking boots if the weather gods so decree

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Apart from Jimi Hendrix (which is well known to be the party camping area where no sleep is had), what are the reputations like of the other campsites? Like is there one known to be the quieter campsite, or one where older people go etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Lads, my sons girlfriend is working in the hotpress tent at EP and it 'seems' she can bring in cans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Unless things have changed this year (we still don't know yet) Thursday arrivals will be directed to the Green car park no matter where you intend on camping. It has been mooted that maybe the Red carpark will be open this year on Thursday which is the handiest one for entry except for those camping in Pink Moon (who will want the Green carpark).

As for queues? There will be a possible extra 10,000 punters on Thursday so kinda hard to gauge really. If everyone is sent to Green carpark and the Paintball entrance expect to be waiting a while. Basically, a lot is still up in the air!

If your mate is arriving in the campervan later you should just have a wander around the site until he gets there then head up to him in the campervan field. You don't need a seperate campervan wristband to enter that field (unless that has changed also, but i doubt it).

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Iirc that was the route we were sent on Thursday entry in 2019. Starting from Paintball and ending up at Oscar Wilde.

Is the Cosby tent gone then? Or just rebranded as 3 Music? I'm sure this was discussed earlier in thread but can't remember the outcome.

Anyone else know that the woods of RITW lore is called Rankin's Wood? 'Twas news to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Folks, potentially mad question but has anyone ever done the swim thing at EP, was thinking potential hangover cure as much as anything else?

• Advertisement

Arctic Monkeys @Reading on BBC 1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I haven't been to EP since 2015, are there places to like chill and get some good drinks and even food?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimboSlice

Any tips or tricks for getting into the green car park for Pink Moon? Coming from Dublin, so we usually get directed straight into Red

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mucker46

For previous experience those working have always had the opportunity to bring in cans, presumably as can't leave to go to bar. Regularly got cans from electric Ireland tent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

What are some things you don't need to buy before going in? I see there's an Aldi pop up and I remember there was a Centra maybe with stuff so presume can just get bottles of water and stuff from there?

I would strongly disagree.

Anyone watching AM's set? God they're boring. Or maybe i'm being unfair and they're just not my cuppa. Did nowt for me anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

I did it and it was exactly that. Lovely start to the Sunday morning.

It was well managed and as clean as swimming in most other rivers and lakes.

There were no showers or anything, so it was just swim, chill for a while and then head back for shower/wash.

Watch out for the times. There was an early open session and then a family only session. You could walk all the way down there and be turned away because it's family only time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Half of the electric arena is outside the perimeter😂😂 can we take cans there😜

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

no one is supposed to bring cans into the arena, not even staff, but staff dont get checked on every staff entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Phishwax

Reports from R&L of AM’s performance is mixed at best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Great, i'll be able to give them a large swerve so!

I got a freebie to the Liam Gallagher gig last Saturday (i know, i know).

Just Mustard lost on a stage that size, but sounded great. Definitely one to check out this weekend.

Charlatans very tight

Never saw Liam Gallagher before (apart from his Oasis days) and wasn't expecting much, and he's a bit of a bell end.

The band were great in their own right, and his voice was as good as it ever was.

10 Oasis tracks (and 1 beady eye) in a setlist of 18 songs.

It gave me a taste of this weekend. Heineken / Orchard Thieves €7 - Islands Edge €6.50 - Cheeseburger €9.50 (no joke).

Roll on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

Should have been watching Massive Attack/Jon Hopkins at Kilmainham last night. Would have been some start to the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Do we not usually get an schedule announcement first thing on a Monday morning from the Irish Times?

Also, do no look at Met.ie. Currently, the weekend is not looking pretty 😳

Salty Dog seems to be zone J22.

A plan: We walk in pairs with purpose up one of the security access roads chatting loudly into our phones about "...drinks confiscation at J22 - I've a few here...yeah, yeah, chancers...a load of them running towards it now..."

This is the distraction tactic. As Security swarm towards the phantom can smugglers, we nip into the Salty Dog, crack them open then wait for all this to blow over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

EP’s story on fb

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

Had a peek at met.ie yesterday. Sorry i did. Finding the weather prospects a little deflating after last 2 or 3 weekends being so good... Hopefully once we get closer it will start looking a lite better ....

Barra Best predicting weather doom on his Facebook page. Must remember to pack an extra pair of combats. Trackie bottoms for the campsite.

This is not a drill. This will sort out the bucket listers from the die hards.

We've trained for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

FFS, this rain is killing the buzz. We don't deserve this after 3 years.

Advertisement