Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW5 Transfer thread, deadline Tuesday 6pm

• 28-08-2022 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Quick turnaround this week so Ive already done Mount to Diaz to catch his price rise last night. I wasnt risking losing any more than the 0.2m Mount had already dropped. Diaz is looking good lately since his long range goal v Palace. if he doesnt work out think I might can the £8m mid position altogether as I dont like the Kulu/Richarlison situation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭nice bit of green

Ward out for Sànchez. 3 weeks too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Want rid of Mount myself, but will only have 7.9 to play with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I did the same. Thought about Mendy but FFS had an article that most of the top players have Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Med101007

Anyone looking to activate the first wildcard for this gameweek. I've had a really bad start to the season so need to reshape my team asap.

Has anyone any good suggestions for a wildcard team this week?

• Advertisement

Gk's - Ramsdale, Ward

Def's - TAA, Cancelo, James, Zinchenko, Williams

Mid's - Salah, Mount, Neto, Gross, Pereira

For's - Haaland, Jesus, Archer

You don't need to WC that team, imo. What's your OR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Likely to upgrade Nico Williams this week.

Had considered Kulu to Diaz but will sit another while on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Can't wait to get Mount out of my team 8 points in 4 weeks. Thinking of Groß in and using the profit to boost my front line and do Greenwood to Mitrovic for a hit or maybe Neto to ASM

Yeah, I'm eyeing up Groß as a Mount replacement. Look out for news on ASM though - he went off with what looked like a hammy injury today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I wouldn't WC that team, your main problems are Mount and Neto, and then maybe downgrade Zinchenko, but other than that it's a strong team.

Mount to Diaz is the most obvious transfer

Sure you could downgrade TAA/Cancelo and make the midfield stronger but after 17 points for TAA and him being a streaky player that would probably be madness atm.

Cancelo to Walker say allows you to upgrade Archer to a playing 3rd striker, but all that can be done over 2 GW's.

Another strong reason not to play the WC now is the short turn around, you've already missed price rises and will only get 2 days out of them.

By OR do you mean Overall Rank?? (Sorry for my ignorance, I'm new enough to Fantasy Football). My overall rank is nearly 6.4million.

Yeah its not a bad team. I just really need to replace Mount. I've 0.1m in the bank so I won't be able to do my preferred swap of Mount to Diaz.

Yea I stumbled across a piece on this on reddit, (I can't get used to that site at all), where a poster was explaining that because Brighton only play with 2/3 registered defenders that there are less players to get the CS in the bonus point system and so if Sanchez keeps a CS is likely to get a bonus points

Yeah, sorry OR is overall rank. I have nearly the same team as you (including Mount and until last week, Neto) but I'm at about 1M OR?!

As Ace says, you could bring in Diaz by downgrading someone else to get the extra few bob. A -4 hit would be preferable to blowing your WC for only a couple of changes.

I haven't looked at the prices, but say Zinchenko and Mount to Saliba and Diaz is probably affortable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Zinchenko to Saliba?

The only move I’m thinking about this week.

I kind of feel I’m transferring because it’s there though…

Suppose you could justify it through Zinchenko being a doubt (if you really want to tinker)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Ramsdale

TAA, Cancelo, James, Perisic, Cucurella

Salah, Diaz, Martinelli (Andreas) (Dasilva)

Haaland, Jesus (Archer)

Have 2 free transfers but don’t have any transfers that I want to do.

Any smart changes in the subs are welcome…

Archer to a 4.4 forward would be good to free up 0.1 but none of the 4.5 forwards have dropped.

I could free up 0.2 by doing dasilva to a 4.4 mid but that would mean I only have one playing sub which I don’t think would be worth it.

Perhaps Salah to KDB but I don’t particularly want to sell Salah despite the recent blank. He’s still the best fpl pick IMO.

As others have said I wouldn’t wildcard that team. Mount and Neto are the weak links there. Perhaps switch them to some cheaper picks like Martinelli, Rodrigo, ASM, Harrison, eze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Went early with my two fts - Ramsdale & Dias to Sanchez & Saliba. Frees up a nice bit of cash. Losing my double City defence but don't think Dias is as nailed as he used to be. Ramsdale isn't going to be picking up save points and bonus as much as last season, he's being protected too well. Saliba is cheaper cover and seems to have eye for an attacking return. Still don't own Diaz, maybe will have to rectify that soon but was willing to hold off another few games now they are coming into a tricky run.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

-4 taken for Mount and DaSilva to Gundogan and Gross. Watch Mount fly now...

Allison Raya

Zinchenko TAA James Cancelo N. Williams

Salah Martinelli Jensen Rodrigo Neto

Haaland Jesus Greenwood

Neto is my weak link, but I’m not transferring him out because they play Bournemouth next.

Greenwood is 3rd place bench fodder.

Just hold the transfer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

What I hate about the quick turnaround midweek games, is the pain of the unexpected rotation/resting of players, especially if you transfer in a rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 2FT and was set to ship on TAA but hard to after last GW. Need to move on Saka I think, want Zaha but might get Eze if he's still out and use the funds to upgrade Greenwood to Toney with the other FT. Any word on Zaha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Think ill roll my transfer don't see anything I can change atm. I am hoping there's not gonna be to much rotation yet but Haaland could be one to keep an eye on maybe Perisic as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Da Silva to Rodrigo already done, happy enough with rest of team but will have to re-examine my double Chelsea defence sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

2 FT.

Time to break up the magical Ward - Iversen dynamic.

Really retroactively annoyed with myself for going with it in the first place....had Sanchez in every draft but ripped all that apart to accomodate Son :-(

So Sanchez/Henderson in for Iversen leaves me with 4.8m to replace Zinchenko, or 7.8m to replace Kulusevski

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

3 points behind in a Monthly League with 2fts with 2.9 ITB, any advice welcome.

Sanchez

Taa Walker Zinchenko

Bailey Salah Diaz Martenilli

Haaland Jesus Toney

Subs: Ward / Andreas / Neco / Patterson

Bailey to Rodrigo the obvious move, might Zinchenko to Dias for a 1 week punt, is there any word on his injury?

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I know this gets thrown out there every year and usually shot down (for good reason) but is anybody thinking of letting Salah go for a bit? I’ve never parted ways with him so very reluctant but I’m just slightly tempted to take a chance as I’ve had such a slow start. If I did I’d bring in Kane for him to have a front three of Haaland Kane Jesus. I’m going to see how this midweek gameweek goes first but giving it a bit of thought.

Plan on using my WC in GW8 and am seriously considering it, will see how the next few weeks go. It's not just the Bournemouth game, watching him since the season start strictly from a footballing perspective (ignoring FPL somewhat) then he just doesn't look the same player in this new Liverpool set up. Keeping for now but strongly considering switching to Diaz on the WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

I'll likely keep Salah until I wildcard around GW8, but definately in my thoughts alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

1.3 ITB

Prob do Williams to Cucurella.

Maybe Lavia to Gross

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Did Zinch/Mount out for Saliba/Groß pre price changes for a hit

Now have £2.6m itb to bolster my attack

I have 2 free transfers.

What do people think of;

Robertson ---> Saliba

Martinelli ---> Luis Diaz

What price did you buy Martinelli at? Arsenal fixtures are still too good to be selling assets especially of it means losing team value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Banking this week I think, I want Robertson out and I also want Mitro but I'll hold off for another week at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Have Saka since GW1 and 2 fts. The price drop means I can’t go to an 8.0 as no funds

Debating between Gross and Rodrigo atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Is zinchenko out for long?

Got Martinelli at 6.2.

Just had another look at the fixtures and Martinelli definitely has the more hospitable ones, on paper at least.

Liverpool have Everton away, Chelsea away, Arsenal away and Man City in their next seven games. I'll hold off on Diaz for another bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Have brought in KDB for the under-firing Salah. Plan on using the released fees to upgrade Bruno G to ASM, although might do a sideways move to Gross instead. Still have Ward to consider (happy with Sa so far).

So, ASM or Gross with GK upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

In similar position and looking at Zaha/Eze as have Gross already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

How about Ødegaard, good form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Not sayng you should do it but last week I did Ramsdale to Sanchez simply becasue with the way Arsenal are playing, the amount of goals they are scoring, chances created, etc I think having 3 Arsenal outfield players is going to be worth more than Ramsdale+ 2 outfield. You can get exposure to Arsenals clean sheets with a defender like Saliba, Zinchenko or Gabriel who then might score or assist and get bonus points if they have a clean sheet on top. Also Id be wary of the double Chelsea defence, they're not on it this season yet anyway, they miss Rudiger a lot and Im not sure new signing Fofana is going to be their answer to that problem.

Definitely the latter. ASM is horribly inconsistent and always has been, he also came of yesterday holding his hamstring. Gross is in better form and has better fixtures. If you have Sa and Ward however why the need to upgrade, use the money elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭nice bit of green

1st hit of the season, Kane out and EBH in. 0.4m swing since the season started :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Zinchenko to Malacia punt

• Advertisement
Advertisement