Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Iirc that was the route we were sent on Thursday entry in 2019. Starting from Paintball and ending up at Oscar Wilde.

Is the Cosby tent gone then? Or just rebranded as 3 Music? I'm sure this was discussed earlier in thread but can't remember the outcome.

Anyone else know that the woods of RITW lore is called Rankin's Wood? 'Twas news to me!

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Folks, potentially mad question but has anyone ever done the swim thing at EP, was thinking potential hangover cure as much as anything else?

Arctic Monkeys @Reading on BBC 1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I haven't been to EP since 2015, are there places to like chill and get some good drinks and even food?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 LimboSlice

Any tips or tricks for getting into the green car park for Pink Moon? Coming from Dublin, so we usually get directed straight into Red

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Mucker46

For previous experience those working have always had the opportunity to bring in cans, presumably as can't leave to go to bar. Regularly got cans from electric Ireland tent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

What are some things you don't need to buy before going in? I see there's an Aldi pop up and I remember there was a Centra maybe with stuff so presume can just get bottles of water and stuff from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I would strongly disagree.

Anyone watching AM's set? God they're boring. Or maybe i'm being unfair and they're just not my cuppa. Did nowt for me anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

I did it and it was exactly that. Lovely start to the Sunday morning.

It was well managed and as clean as swimming in most other rivers and lakes.

There were no showers or anything, so it was just swim, chill for a while and then head back for shower/wash.

Watch out for the times. There was an early open session and then a family only session. You could walk all the way down there and be turned away because it's family only time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Half of the electric arena is outside the perimeter😂😂 can we take cans there😜

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

no one is supposed to bring cans into the arena, not even staff, but staff dont get checked on every staff entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Phishwax

Reports from R&L of AM’s performance is mixed at best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Great, i'll be able to give them a large swerve so!

I got a freebie to the Liam Gallagher gig last Saturday (i know, i know).

Just Mustard lost on a stage that size, but sounded great. Definitely one to check out this weekend.

Charlatans very tight

Never saw Liam Gallagher before (apart from his Oasis days) and wasn't expecting much, and he's a bit of a bell end.

The band were great in their own right, and his voice was as good as it ever was.

10 Oasis tracks (and 1 beady eye) in a setlist of 18 songs.

It gave me a taste of this weekend. Heineken / Orchard Thieves €7 - Islands Edge €6.50 - Cheeseburger €9.50 (no joke).

Roll on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Should have been watching Massive Attack/Jon Hopkins at Kilmainham last night. Would have been some start to the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Do we not usually get an schedule announcement first thing on a Monday morning from the Irish Times?

Also, do no look at Met.ie. Currently, the weekend is not looking pretty 😳

Salty Dog seems to be zone J22.

A plan: We walk in pairs with purpose up one of the security access roads chatting loudly into our phones about "...drinks confiscation at J22 - I've a few here...yeah, yeah, chancers...a load of them running towards it now..."

This is the distraction tactic. As Security swarm towards the phantom can smugglers, we nip into the Salty Dog, crack them open then wait for all this to blow over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

EP’s story on fb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭eplady2017

Had a peek at met.ie yesterday. Sorry i did. Finding the weather prospects a little deflating after last 2 or 3 weekends being so good... Hopefully once we get closer it will start looking a lite better ....

Barra Best predicting weather doom on his Facebook page. Must remember to pack an extra pair of combats. Trackie bottoms for the campsite.

This is not a drill. This will sort out the bucket listers from the die hards.

We've trained for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

FFS, this rain is killing the buzz. We don't deserve this after 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Post #1, list of stuffs, rule #4

4 - Walking boots (you're going to be on your feet for 3 days solid, racking up a lot of milage, comfy, protected feets are best feets)

Note: Do not buy boots and break them in at the festival, you'll f.uck your feet up.***

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭traco

From boards own weather forum - I don't think it will be too bad and still a while to go yet

TONIGHT will be cloudy with a few breaks, lows 10 to 12 C.

TUESDAY will be partly cloudy and rather warm again, highs 19 to 22 C.

WEDNESDAY will be partly cloudy with lows 8 to 11 C and highs 18 to 21 C.

THURSDAY mostly cloudy, some outbreaks of light rain expected, lows 9 to 12 C and highs 18 to 21 C.

FRIDAY variable cloud, some outbreaks of moderate to heavy rainfall, 15-25 mm potential in some parts of Munster and the midlands. Lows near 13 C and highs 18-20 C.

From that point onward, low pressure areas will continue to approach from the southwest, but will tend to be blocked for much further progress northeast by distant high pressure over Scotland and the North Sea. The net result will be some outbreaks of rain across the south and west mostly, variable cloud further north, staying a bit warmer than average in southeast breezes with highs often around or just above 20 C.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Every day I check the forecast theres a few more mm on Fri night. Hopefully this means Sat and Sun will be better.

All well in good not talking about the downer-ness of the whole thing but be prepared for it or you'll have a fcukin miserable time!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

The trees/branches in the picture intrigued me....

It looks like the main stage has moved a bit and the tree that was to the left of the stage is now where the sound desk is.

From that comparison, the main stage/arena has increased quite a bit.

Just zoomed in on the Security Map to Eco Campsite (Sector 30A, zoom in and ENHANCE) and there appear to be Loowatt toilets there. Wonder if they are on site or if this was drawn up a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Weather is looking tricky so it is best to prepared for some rain, as in make sure your tent is waterproof and you know how to pitch it properly and footwear etc.

Looking at met.ie or yr.no or any weather app forecast will chop and change a LOT over the next few days as the weather models are all over the shop, so don't take any individual forecast as gospel or you will be excited or disappointed when it changes next update, which is up to 4 times a day btw.

When we get to Wednesday we will have a better idea and Thursday morning by around 9am we will have a very good idea for Friday and Saturday at least as high resolution weather models will cover that.

The best hope at present is the rain holds South until Friday night and then Saturday is OK and then the real rain comes Saturday night into Sunday morning.

I'll be tweeting updates each day on my Carlow Weather social, Twitter mainly. e.g. latest tweet: https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1564167932070051842?s=20&t=pOstFGgvR6zmNn1E744CKA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭traco

Yes - the weather will do what the weather will do.

I would recommend that people leave a set or two of clothes in the car if driving along with shoes so you can travel home in comfort or go out and get a dry set if its a total disaster.

Those on buses, bring a dry bag with a spare set or get a strong bin bag and pack it with gear and tie it tight so it doesn't get wet.

If the worst happens then dryng out onsite won't happen so a fresh dry change will make things a lot more confortable.

I'll be doing the good hiking boots and a set of trail runners and decent wet gear. Beyond that its in the hands of the weather gods.

Advertisement