Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Have their been any solid links since Klopp made the transfer admission?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭foozzybear61

MY taking from yesterday

The difference if Liverpool got the first goal to the attitude of the teams we have been playing would have given us so many more points.

It would have prevented this mass of defensive bodies being crowing the penalty box as they would have to be more adventurous and Liverpool being less frantic leaving space in midfield and defence.

yesterdays opponents might not have been the greatest but the principle holds good.

Still need players who stay fit and available ..but we are not as bad as we think we are . Be more clinical and

JUST SCORE FIRST

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Koopmeiners at Atalanta could be a wild card shout.

He is a 6 and 8 and can play in central defence as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Of course not. This is Liverpool not Man Utd. 😅

Mac Allister isn't a bad shout but I don't think Brighton will let him or Caicedo go this late in the transfer window. The pair of them are the engine of the team and allow the older players to do their thing in the final third of the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

77 assists to go with Bobby's 100 goals for the club.

Would love to see a video of all of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ah well if we made a move, he'd go to Brighton and tell them he's not signing a contract, that he wants to leave, and if not he'll walk in summer for free. You know how these things play out, Brightons hand would be forced. He'd be a great cheap stopgap, with less than a year left on his contract he be 10m -15m tops, in reality he has the potential to be a 60m pound player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Looks handy, and I'd definitely take him but if we don't get a deeper player I'd be a bit frustrated. Just feel we need an engine more than a ten right now. Especially with Elliott and Carvalho probably needing game time.

Edit fake account.

So we're looking for another defensive midfielder, dam. I think City have 1, we have 5 plus, wish we'd add goals to midfield, City score from everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

City have Rodri and Philips!

We have Fabinho and who? I mean we have a few lads who can fill in there but there's a big drop off in quality.

Caicedo seems class but I think Brighton would want a bigger fee than they got for Cucerella. Not sure we're prepared to pay that. Hopefully our analysts and scouts can find another good value gem like Tsimikas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I like him but hes had a few bad injuries and the echo also said he's not a target.

• Advertisement

I would argue that we have a better distribution of goal scorers than Man City thus far this season (8 goal scorers vs 6 for Man City). Haaland is responsible for 50% of their goals.

Distribution of league goal scorers to date:

Liverpool:

• Forwards : 8
    • Midfielders : 2
    • Defenders : 2

Man City:

• Forwards : 8 (6 for Haaland)
    • Midfielders : 4
    • Defenders : 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Good player but I'm fairly certain he missed large chunks of the last 2 season due to persistent injuries! I can't see there been anything to those links only that the football media knows Liverpool are looking for a midfielder and Berge has been linked to a few different EPL clubs all summer, so we'll add Liverpool to the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

It is what I thought, will Haaland make City better? Or will he score more goals and take them away from other players? They are a 95+ points team before he came in. If they win the league on 89 points and score the same amount of goals as before, did he massively improve them? It will all come down to what they win really. If they don't win the CL it will not be a success as that is the only trophy they have not won yet.

I see Man U is going to spend 100m euro on Antony. Those supporters really are mugs, every year it is the same. They get in a froth over the Glazers at the start of the season, they protest a little and the Glazers spend money. The protests die down as there is a bump from the signings but over the season they don't perform as they have spent money on players they don't need and neglect areas they are short in. The protests start again and we rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Yes i agree about the whole Glazers thing it's so odd. I know they are taking loads of money out of the club and basically saddled the club with debt when they bought it but they do spend a massive amount on new signings every year and this is just ignored by the united fans. The minute there are bad results it's the Glazers fault despite the spending and the only thing that stops it being the Glazers fault is more signings. I've never really understood the logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

UTD fans are a fickle conflicted bunch. It was all talk of protests, walk outs and storming CEO’s house the last few weeks. Now a few shiny new signings are in the door and there’s no mention of any such protests, the Glaziers are gone quietly into the background again and everyone is excited until 12/18 months down the line when it will be rinse and repeat all over again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I cant see that happing for one reason ,the chap is always injured & that's why we need another player in the first place ,

It's a no brainer, buy him, even if you leave him with Brighton,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Lucky for you I'm not making the decisions at LFC. They may get a number 10 and he could be deadly but my guess is they need a box to box lad.

They won't want to block Elliot and Carvalho progress. Our deeper lads are showing strain.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Thats abit of disingenuous stat given our 2 defender and 2 mid goals only came in last game of 9 nil when never in danger .

City Distribution is a tally spread evenly over 4 games so its clear in Gundogan, KDB & Silva goals from all over their midfield something we don't have . All in haaland scoring for fun and they never look likely to lose even when 2 nil down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

There were persistent Glazer chants throughout the game on Saturday, as well as banners. Hard to have a protest when there hasn't been a home game since the last protest.

The idea that United fans don't protest the Glazers when the team is successful is BS. There were marches and protests occurring while United were winning 3 leagues in a row

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Look who it is... 👀

Did he need a wee operation I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The owners are over & word is a meeting on a new singing was held last night but its very very quite on speculation today ,

Anyone any idea who we might get ?

I ifnd it very odd that Klopp spoke like he did if we don't have someone basically done ,

Listening to the Atlhetic pod this afternoon Ornstein doesn't think we will sign a midfielder unless it is the right one and they won't panic buy someone like Berge who he has asked about and they is no talk of Liverpool signing.

Lyon president who likes to talk it up in the media say a bigger English club is now coming in for Paqueta.

“It’s unfortunate that Lucas Paqueta is leaving. But he wanted to leave. We thought we had very big clubs, we didn’t have them. We had to talk at the last moment with West Ham. Now I know that there was an English club that wanted to come forward at the last moment so maybe tomorrow morning we’ll wake up with a novelty. I can’t tell you the name.”

More than likely he is trying to get more money out of West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Sounds like klopp was trying to force the issue, if done he would say less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Matip and Jones both in training today, hopefully get some more back within the next week or so.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Barkley is a free agent.......

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Robert2014

Jay Spearing could do a job for us!

Liverpool were 5-0 up by half time - 2 (#3, #5) goals were scored by defenders and 1 (#2) by a midfielder. It doesn't matter what game the goals were scored in or when during the game, goals are goals and they all count the same at the end of the season. Man City beat Bournemouth 4-0, should Foden and De Bruyne's strikes not be considered because City were never in danger after Gundogan opened the scoring?

Silva scored one goal while playing in the front three for Man City, I classified that as a goal by a forward. He scored another when playing in the midfield three, that was classified as a goal from midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Yeah ok but you are using a tiny sample size of just 4 games so your stat really is meaningless. If we look back at the last few seasons we see that what bdmc16 is saying is totally accurate. We rely on 3 or 4 players to score our goals in the main whereas city's are spread out amongst the whole team alot more than us, city didn't even have a recognised goal scoring centre forward last season. A single home game against Bournemouth does not change that fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

But there’s nothing wrong with our current training mannequins?

I thought it was clear that we had been talking about this season. Haaland wasn't in the City squad before this season and his presence has skewed the distribution of their goals.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is it hyperbolic to suggest the next two days are going to pretty much define our season?

In terms of getting a desperately needed signing in the door, and the Newcastle game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

If anyone comes in It will probably be a signing to cover training. Can't expect injury prone players to train at the intensity Klopp expects.

• Advertisement

Journos seem to be pouring cold water on any signing now, right player isn't out there it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It will be interesting to see if Keita is straight back into the squad if talk of him being pissed off are true.

What's he pissed off about again? He typically plays the few games he is available for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

It's such nonsense. The right player might never be available, or not be attainable. The management have a duty to ensure appropriate resources or aquire a lesser resource with potential and train them. Excuses does not fill gaps, just kicks a can further down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

It's crazy we cant identify someone less injury prone that Keita/Ox or younger than a 36 year old Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

I find it odd with Klopps quotes last week seemed very pointed and to my mind targeted at the owners to act and now suddenly the mood music is more along the lines of 'oh we'll be fine'.

This right player is like a smokescreen yes you don't just buy whoever (or you turn into United) but there's plenty of "right' players that would be great for Liverpool in some capacity.

IMO if we don't get another midfielder or there's a miraculous turn around in injuries/form we won't be finishing top 4. It's like the 9 nil has people thinking all is right again. It was a great performance but Bournemouth were shockingly bad. I doubt we'll have as easy a game for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Id find it hard to imagine there is not countless dossiers of players from all around the world at different stages of development at Anfield.

I would find it equally hard to fathom that Klopp thinks there is literally only one or two players he is willing to invest in.

They were asleep for Gravenberch and could have closed the Touchameni deal 6 months earlier.

United are happy to spend 100M on a bloke noone heard of 6 weeks ago... literally.

The time to buy has passed for this window, but Klopp cant be serious if he was happy with a MF of Jones Hendo Milly Thiago Fab Ox Kieta and the young lads. The transition next year will have to be disruptive with multiple mids needing to come in wIth hendo milly ox and naby all gone or good as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If it’s purely down to FSG not wanting to get fleeced by signing out of desperation this late in the window, it isn’t even a valid excuse. Someone like Carlos Soler at Valencia (currently playing very well against Atletico) is available due to a very reasonable release clause, and Barca were sniffing around so there must be some chance he’d be willing to leave.

And that’s only one good option, actually more than good, he’s a serious player. God knows there are plenty more out there, even a half-decent stop-gap a level below him would do for most of us at this stage just to get more legs in midfield.

I’m frustrated by the lack of action, like many others, and I’m not buying any of these excuses that are being carefully leaked into the media. It’s penny-pinching, pure and simple, and while there have been times that’s been justified within the club in the past, it’s not now. Investment is required, simple as.

Brighton have put a £100m asking price on Caicedo is being reported tonight for 20 year who had played 15 premier league games.

They got asking price from Chelsea so they have nothing to lose putting that kind of price on a player.

Saying there's no value and the market is over priced is bollox. Every player is overpriced, get on with it or get left behind.

It's a folly thinking you can wait for Bellingham when we could fall out of the top 4 and he will have some ridiculous wage offers next summer. The last 2 big transfers from Dortmund (Sancho and haaland) are reportedly been paid 350k per week, could you honestly see us paying that within our structure because that's what it will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

The value in the market line was coined by Fergie when the Glazers were beginning to squeeze him out of utd. Its bollox.

And yes Rob, haaland and sancho are on mega wages, why on earth would jude go anywhere for 100M and be happy with<150k in wages. In reality, he will cost 180k a week at a minimum.

Ive always been a backer of FSG as for the most part they seemed to do the right thing. But this midfield is lacking alot of powerful running currently. Being blunt, curtis is a squad player. Kieta, ox and milly all have one foot out the door for various reasons and Hendo will bust himself but he cant keep going to the well over and over.

Realistically Thiago (injuries and all) carvahlio harvey and Fab are our MF i would be confident in playing 25 games plus this season..... and what the f#ck do i know. It is literally a team of peoples well paid job to predict playing life expectations and proactively move in the market for seamless transitions.

Thats the bit that pisses me off.

Fabinho is basically our only dependable, peak, top class midfielder.

• Advertisement
Advertisement