Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Post #1, list of stuffs, rule #4

4 - Walking boots (you're going to be on your feet for 3 days solid, racking up a lot of milage, comfy, protected feets are best feets)

Note: Do not buy boots and break them in at the festival, you'll f.uck your feet up.***

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭traco

From boards own weather forum - I don't think it will be too bad and still a while to go yet

TONIGHT will be cloudy with a few breaks, lows 10 to 12 C.

TUESDAY will be partly cloudy and rather warm again, highs 19 to 22 C.

WEDNESDAY will be partly cloudy with lows 8 to 11 C and highs 18 to 21 C.

THURSDAY mostly cloudy, some outbreaks of light rain expected, lows 9 to 12 C and highs 18 to 21 C.

FRIDAY variable cloud, some outbreaks of moderate to heavy rainfall, 15-25 mm potential in some parts of Munster and the midlands. Lows near 13 C and highs 18-20 C.

From that point onward, low pressure areas will continue to approach from the southwest, but will tend to be blocked for much further progress northeast by distant high pressure over Scotland and the North Sea. The net result will be some outbreaks of rain across the south and west mostly, variable cloud further north, staying a bit warmer than average in southeast breezes with highs often around or just above 20 C.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Every day I check the forecast theres a few more mm on Fri night. Hopefully this means Sat and Sun will be better.

All well in good not talking about the downer-ness of the whole thing but be prepared for it or you'll have a fcukin miserable time!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

The trees/branches in the picture intrigued me....

It looks like the main stage has moved a bit and the tree that was to the left of the stage is now where the sound desk is.

From that comparison, the main stage/arena has increased quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭rubick

Just zoomed in on the Security Map to Eco Campsite (Sector 30A, zoom in and ENHANCE) and there appear to be Loowatt toilets there. Wonder if they are on site or if this was drawn up a while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Weather is looking tricky so it is best to prepared for some rain, as in make sure your tent is waterproof and you know how to pitch it properly and footwear etc.

Looking at met.ie or yr.no or any weather app forecast will chop and change a LOT over the next few days as the weather models are all over the shop, so don't take any individual forecast as gospel or you will be excited or disappointed when it changes next update, which is up to 4 times a day btw.

When we get to Wednesday we will have a better idea and Thursday morning by around 9am we will have a very good idea for Friday and Saturday at least as high resolution weather models will cover that.

The best hope at present is the rain holds South until Friday night and then Saturday is OK and then the real rain comes Saturday night into Sunday morning.

I'll be tweeting updates each day on my Carlow Weather social, Twitter mainly. e.g. latest tweet: https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1564167932070051842?s=20&t=pOstFGgvR6zmNn1E744CKA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭traco

Yes - the weather will do what the weather will do.

I would recommend that people leave a set or two of clothes in the car if driving along with shoes so you can travel home in comfort or go out and get a dry set if its a total disaster.

Those on buses, bring a dry bag with a spare set or get a strong bin bag and pack it with gear and tie it tight so it doesn't get wet.

If the worst happens then dryng out onsite won't happen so a fresh dry change will make things a lot more confortable.

I'll be doing the good hiking boots and a set of trail runners and decent wet gear. Beyond that its in the hands of the weather gods.

SOME NOTES ON SOCKS

Up until this year, I used the old hiking boots and x2 pairs of thin socks combo. As of BTP this year, I switched to Merino wool socks and haven't looked back. Whilst the double sock does prevent blistering, your feet tend to get really hot especially in 30o + Glastonbury jaunts. The merino wool sock keeps your feet relatively cool whilst preventing blisters.

Consider them for your next event.

My partner bought me a pair of Adidas Terrex hiking boots which are waterproof, light and have excellent Continental grips. They were on sale too.

Probably should have told you all this about two months ago tbh

also bring a roll of plastic bags. good for wet clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭505_

Thanks! The best hope doesn’t make great reading.. 😂

I guess now just be well prepared for it and hope for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭endainoz

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, green car park is for early entry ONLY. Pink mooners will have a decent trek on Friday morning if they can't get into green.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

While we are being sensible talking about socks, here's my take.

Bring enough to change twice a day. Clean fresh feet are as appreciated at 6pm as they are at 10am. If you drop back to the tent in the afternoon/evening, take the opportunity to change.

And don't leave any toenail cutting to the last minute.

I think it means that Green carpark is the only one that Thurs people can use. Not that its only for Thurs people and you can only park there on Thurs if you have a ticket for Thurs.

Its too big to be just for Thurs people on Thurs who arrive early on Thurs

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

there was a brief taxi service on buggies at EP wasnt there? I know it was at a few of the UK FR gig for sure. Would make things much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

A while ago. I'm certain they said Loowatt weren't there this year.

Thirded on the decent sock recommendations. Almost as important as good footwear in my book. @rubick That 2 pairs of thin socks sounds nuts. What were you thinking?!!!😂

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Honestly, I've been doing that since 2012. Zero blisters. Ball ache to pack though.

BYEco told me on Facebook that they were still in talks with Loowatt, who have been bought over by A1. This was a couple of weeks ago now, hopefully they have hammered out a deal. Failing that, it'll be compost loos.

Snarky Snark Snark

this, very much this and echoing post #1, list of stuffs rule #8

8 - Spare clothes (kept in car for emergencies), clean fresh socks every day people, even if you don't change anything else!

Fresh socks really are the dogs bollocks, especially if you're not used to the amount of walking that you'll be doing, feet get sweaty, sweaty feet will chafe and blister faster if your shoe choices are ****.e or ill fitting.

1000 mile socks do a double layer which is great or even their normal ones, they're expensive but so worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Everythin coming up Milhouse

First time driving to EP this year - can you leave cans in the car and bring them in on Saturday/Sunday? I know for All Together Now you aren't allowed to re-enter with alcohol (at least that's the policy) but maybe that's because of the free flow system? There's nothing on the EP website that says you can't, and it would make the trek to the campsite on Friday a bit easier!

You can go out to the car again no problem, but depending when you arrive and get parked/camped that could be a bit of a trek. Get a decent handtruck/trolley and do everything all in one run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭nc6000

"Toilet Facilities- As many of you have heard, Loowatt may not be returning this year, details are still being finalized. But, rest assured! We will have sustainable sanitation facilities in both campsites either way."

I wonder if it's Brexit related. 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Or everyone arriving Thursday not staying in pinkmoon will have a decent trek and will be +1 tent more weight vs pinkmooners.

I really hope they have the red open Thursday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Just give us want we want EP ffs!!

I’m really trying to make the best out of this line up, for the low amount of acts I want to see I’ll be gutted if there are clashes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

In 2019 it was the green car park only on the Thursday. I arrived after work and the queue took a couple of hours followed by a long trek to the Joplin. I'd hope they've improved things for this year, because it was a bit of a mess back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The Eco campsite seems to have a big white marquee that might keep some of us dry if shít properly hits the fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Phishwax

Disclosure added. Good for the huns I guess

A nice surprise

I guess they could br the late night dance act for Saturday, wouldn't mind seeing white noise live.

Snarky Snark Snark

final line up me hole!

now, who are disclosure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Utterly underwhelming - par for the course this year

Advertisement