Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher Royal Hospital Kilmainham 27/8/2022

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

prob right on both counts lads 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

I enjoyed the show. Really enjoyed the Charlatans too. He's not everyones cup of tea. Hearing the Oasis songs live brings me back to my teenage years.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I enjoyed the entire evening also, personally I thought his last show in the 3arena was better. I though just mustard were fantastic, the bass was loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Rasher_Sausage

Really wasn't good performance by Liam. Stealing a living by performing so many Oasis tunes, just showing how **** his own material is. Thank God for Charltans for saving the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Why is he stealing a living performing tracks from a band he was a lead singer of and helped make big?

Half the songs were his solo stuff, which I also like, but he has enough cop on to realise a lot of the attendees want oasis stuff, so he gives the public what they want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Guess it goes to show how artists can sometimes show up and other times just dial it in. I saw him in Knebworth in June but he was top of his game and it was a great gig, probably becasue they were filming the gig with multiple tv type cameras and three camera drones fliming from the sky over the crowd for much of it. He put on a great show for all the cameras there.

What was his voice like, was he croaked?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

Thought the sound was very bad we were on the right hand side facing the stage half way down moved around a bit but it seemed very low and muffled in parts. Agreed the 3arena show was much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Voice was ok. Didn’t do any ‘prolonged’ vocals if that makes sense in the LG way

Actually a bit of a brutal one, but I saw a Father with what I’d guess were two 12 year old boys walking in and being stopped by a security guy not being let go any further

His own fault buying the tickets but he was clearly upset about it. I felt bad - Now in saying that - The age of the crowd worked well I thought overall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I saw two around 8 year olds at it. Was surprised they got in. Must have been just luck of the draw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

My brothers works all of these gigs and I'd asked him before about it because I wanted to bring our 10yo to an outdoor gig this summer. He said it's down the gig and the amount of adults with the kids. For a LG show he'd expect 1 child per adult but he said it had been different for the Paul Heaton/Jacqui Abbott show earlier in the summer. Can kind of understand the reasoning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RamonD3

Yeah was at the Manchester one in the summer and it was worlds apart, that one and the 3arena ones were as good as I'd heard him. Wasn't like his voice was off or anything he just seemed disinterested. Still enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I seen him in Sydney a few weeks ago. A pretty decent gig, nothing special. With the exception of "Everthings Electric", the new songs go down like lead balloons. So much so that Liam asked the audience if they were bored after he played a few. I'm sure he knows it's Noel's old songs that are keeping him going, probably adds to his dissatisfaction and lack of interest.

On the flip side I'm glad he has gotten himself back together and recovered his voice. Some of the last Oasis performances were disgraceful! By the sounds of it I can count myself lucky for having give this one a miss! I would have loved to have seen Bonehead on stage with him again. Hope he gets well soon!

Post edited by RolandGoose on

Asking the crowd if they’re bored is a piece he does in fairness - Says it every gig , so I wouldn’t read into that

Noel says the same thing as a joke. He's aware that people want to hear the Oasis stuff too.

Im not surprised the man was upset about his 2 12 year olds not getting in, aside from 200 quids worth of tickets down the drain no doubt the two young lads are fans of Gallagher through their dad.

What is the rule officially? And is it a law per se or just whatever the promoter decides?

Not sure on the rule officially, but to be completely blunt about it, if it was on Ticketmaster that it was 16s or 18s, then you have to be aware you could definitely get caught out

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/music/9302308/urgent-warning-thousands-liam-gallagher-fans-dublin-concert/

yeah it might be linked to the serving of alcohol and has similar rules to the pubs. Would imagine it will be more of a problem in the coming years as you do see parents bringing their young teenagers to gigs of bands the parents liked years back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

No Columbia or Acquiesce = No party.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

He did get in..he just had to fill in paperwork for MCD for insurance purposes.

Advertisement