Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Mcanally on as a special quest, fcuk sake he left rte and is back most week, telling old jokes that weren't funny in the 70s,

We're the fools

New boards is brutal, a lot of the time won't put up posts

New boards is brutal, a lot of posts won't load up and then disappear

I rewatched goodfellas,

the funny Friday crew (fools) laughing louder than Henry hill,

Hahahaha 🤣🤣 ha ha ha ha ha imagine being quarantined money for that shite every month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Genghis

I had two posts above, 16 mins apart, I tuned in for that amount of time, during which I also took a work call.

I tuned in to see if it really was as bad as this forum said. It really was.

• Advertisement

• I’ve started me holiday, so didn’t listen nor post. However guessing it was usual tripe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Goodfellas, starring Joe PESKY (according to Joe)

What’s even rarer is for you to make a contribution that adds anything to the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

It's rare for anyone to make a contribution which adds something to the thread.

• Our EU targets have already been exceeded

• Advertisement

And yet you still stalk it. Intriguing, as Tubs would say.

it's the awfulness of both the thread and the Liveline itself which makes them so compelling.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

MOD NOTE

Take it to DM, both of you here long enough to know better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,322 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Spotted a new ad for the upcoming series of De Meaning Of Life, Joe will be interviewing Paul McKenna, Alastair Campbell and Ardal O'Hanlon amongst others. Perhaps Paul McKenna will show him a magic trick or two so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Alastair campbell... That lad must have a lot on his conscience, a dark being

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,322 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I'm not surprised.. he has a lot to be depressed about that fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,902 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Yes, I'm on the Joe Duffy Show

Thank you Sharon for your service

• Advertisement

GREAT NEWS FOR LOTTIE RYAN FANS!!!!!!!!!!

Dancing With The Stars Ireland could have two new female presenters as Lottie Ryan tipped for role

2FM presenter and new mum, Lottie Ryan

Eddie Rowley

August 29 2022 10:09 AM

There is speculation that the new series of Dancing With The Stars is set to feature two female presenters, with Lottie Ryan among the frontrunners tipped to replace Nicky Byrne.

It follows this week’s surprise announcement that pop idol Byrne has decided to quit the show due to the demands of Westlife’s new touring schedule.

A TV source said that Nicky’s Westlife diary is filling up with new concerts, including the possibility of many more in Ireland around Christmas time, forcing him to resign from his DWTS co-presenting role with Jennifer Zamparelli.

The late Gerry Ryan’s daughter, Lottie, who presents the official DWTS podcast, already has experience co-hosting the TV show.

She stepped into the shoes of Zamparelli last January when the host was struck down with Covid, and she did an impressive job presenting alongside Nicky Byrne.

As a 2020 winner of the series with one of the show’s professional dancers, Pasquale La Rocca, Lottie is well-known and popular with fans of the glitzy TV dance spectacular.

“Lottie is a serious contender to take over from Nicky if the makers of the show decide to go with two females in the presenting roles,” a source* yesterday told the Sunday World.

“Strictly has two female presenters in Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, which has proved to be a winning combination. And with the emphasis now on more roles for females in Irish TV and radio, where the ratio is 60:40 in favour of males, this is the perfect opportunity to fill a role with a young woman who is more than qualified.”

Apart from Lottie, other talented female presenters who have been linked with the DWTS job include Vogue Williams, Laura Whitmore, Bláthnaid Treacy and Maura Higgins

However, a new male co-host hasn’t been ruled out, with celebrities such as Brian Dowling, James Patrice, Marty Morrissey and even Danny O’Reilly of The Coronas mentioned as possible contenders for the job.

Byrne this week admitted that it was a tough decision leaving a show that he has loved hosting since 2017.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this show, full of glitz and glamour and, of course, being a part of everyone’s Sunday night winter TV viewing,” Nicky said. “It has been a brilliant five seasons since we launched in 2017, working with the best crew in the world.

“I have smiled and laughed my way through those 59 shows to date and what a journey it’s been. I take away the greatest memories.”

*I wonder who that "source" could possibly be? Certainly not anyone from within the walls of NK Talent Management. 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

Promo summary

"Eh, eh, em, horrific, em.."

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭leath_dub

A dead (so can't sue) Jesuit child-abusing priest. That's gotta be a Liveline 1st 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Yarrrr !!! Dere be gold ahead with dat Luas story !!

Unfortunately, it's gonna be an hour long duurrrtttyy Jesuit show

A pedo Jesuit priest, wonder how excited Joe was when he was told of this story,

I wonder if Joes salt of da earth voice, mannerisms is just a put on, and he just puts it on like normal people put on their work clothes, in reality he could be a cross between tuberdy and Boucher Hayes, anyone who wears a cravat and pretending to be working class ,,🤔🤔

( even Darcy called him out on it )

Is a spoofer in my eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

D'Arcy did - and you'd want to have seen the sneering look Joe gave him. It's on Youtube.

What's de Luas story? I missed de promo and haven't heard......let me guess, unruly behaviour on one of the lines - can you guess which one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭leath_dub

"I'm working class because I work"

It's takes spectacular levels of self-delusion to come out with a line like that.

Joe was seething after D'Arcy dared question him. Presumably Duffy was only on the show as he had something to shill, he certainly wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement