Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nicolas96

@Bearchairt I was no 39. Maybe check with PAS to ensure local HR have returned your clearance questions? My HEO only did mine on Monday and i got my notification yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17 CreepOfTheWeek

I was placed in the 50s and got assigned yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hungerjames

I have a lower OOM and no word yet, but they confirmed to me yesterday I'm finished clearance. So that's today probably!!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

Really good to know so that we have a good idea of where they are at in the process, thank you! Good luck in your interview.

I placed in the 600s so Im hopefully in the next batch for shortlisting.

That's come through (OOM 46) - I've been retained, just like I had requested. Delighted with that.

Best of luck to everyone going through the process, can't wait to see what everyone's Department allocations are.

Thanks guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Bearchairt

I've been retained as well, over the moon. Congratulations everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nmcrudden123

Thanks to everyone that posted on this board it was really helpful.

Congratulations to everyone that was appointed!

I was in the 70s and got word I was placed in Justice which I am happy about, although no clue what it is like! They said they hoped to place people at the end of September.

Best of luck to everyone still in the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

I work in Justice and love it- I've worked in 2 different teams too. The work is diverse, interesting and enjoyable in my opinion. Hope you are happy in your new role :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Booth23

Congratulations to everyone who got placed.

my oom wasn’t shortlisted yet. Which way does everyone interpret the message from pas to say further shortlisting mid august? Is it they are hoping to start shortlisting or will they have results?

the wait is killing me and I just want to know

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rusty1983

The update that PAS issued on the 20th June stated that further shortlisting will take place at a later date, there was no mention of August and with a number of candidates still waiting to be interview from the initial shortlisted candidates of up to and including order of merit 422 Id imagine we could be waiting a while longer :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Booth23

i got impatient and emailed them that’s where I got August from. “We hope to hold further shortlisting in mid-August 2022.”

I was told that they hope to hold further shortlisting at end of August.... 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oriain17

Hi all, just a quick query if anyone knows. I made the panel and I've now been offered a position (or rather, I've been "assigned"). Does anyone know if I can decline and be offered another elsewhere?

Not saying I'll do this, just wondering. I've heard in previous campaigns that it is possible, but I've never been involved in an interdepartmental before.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭tgdaly

You can decline a position if it's more than 45km away from your home address (I'm not sure if that's the exact distance, someone might correct me?). Apart from declining based on distance I don't think there's any valid grounds to decline a position and stay on the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oriain17

Thanks a lot to both of you. Decided to ask PAS directly. It's very likely that you're both correct (seemed likely from their wording, i.e. "assignment" rather than "offer"), but I'll let you know if the answer says otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

Wondering if there is any chance the shortlist ing results will be out by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ballingarry

Anybody know of any recent appointments or offers for Tipperary from the previous competition that runs until end of January 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Milkdud

Hi everyone,

Firstly congratulations to everyone who was successful and best of luck with the appointments. I reckon I will be in the next group for interview so all the tips that have been given out have been really helpful.

I am not even sure if this is the right thread to post the next part and I am almost certain the answers will be ‘how long is a piece of string’ and vary from department to department but how much time does the HEO role require people to be away from the office attending conferences or training?

I am currently an EO in a small department and the highest grade we have in the section is my HEO. My role is quite hands on and probably involves less management than the average EO position but I actually prefer this. My HEO seems to spend most of his time away attending various events. It also seems to be the same for other HEO’s in different sections/offices. He’s been sick leave for the past couple of weeks and I’ve filled in for these things and while I know they play a part in the overall strategy of the section it just feels like time that could be better spent doing work in the office.

Would this be the norm, or is it an increased part of the role because there is no AP/PO on site? Or do I just need to adjust my own mindset and realise that if I do get the position the day to day hands on aspect will not be as large a part of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

I got a message from pas. Not a good one. I didn't make the shortlist. I was four points off in team leadership (the qualifying mark was 21) but getting in the 30s for the other three. Very frustrating.

It wasn't meant to be.

Good luck to everyone still in the mix.

Btw my oom was in the 1000s.

Over and out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Butterfly182

Results for Dublin stage 2 shortlisting are out.

I got in the 200s with the following scores marked out of 50:

Team Leadership Experience:

Score: 28

Managing Projects & Delivery of Results:

Score: 26

Judgement, Analysis & Decision-Making:

Score: 31

Interpersonal & Communications Skills:

Score: 32

I started as an AO today so I'm no longer eligible for this competition.

Best of luck to all 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dubjane

Got my results, OOM was in 1300's now it's down to below 10, can't honestly believe it, didn't think I'd fit the criteria and if I did I would have load's of time to prep for the interview, now I can feel the hives breaking out. Hard luck to those that didn't pass and thanks to those that have posted tips

Don't let it beat you. There will be more opportunities- internal comps etc. I hope you get your opportunity soon :)

Also got results, OOM is down to early teens :) delighted with that. No indication on when they intend to start interviews though yet, and I'm having an operation early October. Just hope it doesn't fall around that time! Good luck everyone. It seems they are reviewing more in the 2nd batch! For reference, I was late 600's in OOM after stage 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Merrymac

Got my results too OOM 51,it was 859 after Stage 1 so delighted. Anyone any idea when presentation and interview may come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Shutuplaura

I was 900s in the OOM after the aptitud tests but post short list I'm down to the low 100s. I am assuming that I'll be getting called to the bext stage on the basis of that. I'm obviously happy that this is the case but I'm slightly miffed that I wasn't a bit higher in the OOM. I'm not brilliant at aptitude tests but I figured my private sector experience would give me a bigger boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kayfabe

Why on earth would your private sector experience be relevant to the public sector?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Shutuplaura

Because of the published competencies for the HEO competition of course!

Seriously though work experience is work experience, and I dropped a level to start as an EO. I was hoping I would be able to sell this experience better. That's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Just for reference...when I went for internal EO, I was still on probation. My prior TCO experience was from years ago. My 10+ yeara of private sector experience was what got me oom no. 1 on the panel. And I ranked higher than staff who had been decades in the department. Just be sure to have excellent examples for your competencies and dont be afraid to explain what skills you could bring to the role.

Advertisement