Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You can alter the wheel size in the Tesla touch screen

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Total Diameter for all wheels (including tyres) should be the same, with very small differences, no need for alignment.

It's the alloy wheels that vary in diameter, and the tyres vary accordingly to compensate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The suspension and tracking is set up to be straight. You can then add the wheels of your choice. The 18” set up is the same as the 19” set up

The wheels and tyres themselves need to be balanced separately off the car though.

But essentially, once the alignment/tracking is done on the car itself, you can change the wheels as often as you like.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Get the white car with the 19” wheels, and get the car wrapped….

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TSLQs

Yes! I have considered this but feel the white on the insides of the doors would send my OCD over the edge.

• Advertisement

Yes I’ve seen YouTube vids, they basically take the entire car to pieces and put it back together. I’d be frightened of that.

You don’t have to. They can just wrap into the shuts so that when the doors open, you see no white.

But anyway, sounds like you don’t want that route so just buy the colour you want. Easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭JOL1

A large selection of Model 3 (RWD + Long range) in Inventory on Tesla site if anyone interested. Configurations are such that he costs are above 60K so do NOT include SEAI grant, Likely not to last long

Get in now. Yes you won’t get the grant. But you’ll have the car next month instead of waiting until next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭wassie

That's interesting, do you have the 19 inch wheels?

As I have the standard 18 inch aero wheels, and the speed display on my screen is almost dead on accurate compared to separate GPS units (compared with 2 different devices simultaneously (iPhone using Navigon app & Garmin stand alone GPS)

At mid speeds ~60kmh the cars acrruate to about +/- 1kmh, but once I start going over 90kmh+ the deviation starts to widen.

I have the 18"s, but I wonder if its my rubber - I have Dunlop Sport Maxx. Unfortunately I had no choice with these as the leasing company mandates Dunlops/Goodyears (I fought tooth and nail to replace the Pilot Sports with the same). I miss the PSs as the handling of the Dunlops has a lot to be desired when driving spritely.

Thanks Gumbo. I saw that already but paying the extra 5 grand is a tough one to swallow!

€5k for paint and wheels.

You either want them or not 🤷‍♂️

If you bought a white car, you’d pay €1500 for the wrap and then at least €1500 for the wheels. So not far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You could be quids in if you get a M3 SR now under the grant, and they remove the grant this year in the budget as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

More accurately around 8k for the paint and wheels. You still need to pay for the paint and wheel change and then lose the grant. Very tough pill.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

exactly that's why all of those in inventory sitting between 60.5k and 62k are not being snapped up. Paint and wheels is costing 8k.

Tesla's pricing is shooting itself in the foot there - just reduce them to 60k and then they are suddenly 55k with the grant and they are sold.

Also the ones with FSD are mental trying to sell them in ireland from inventory - a territory that doesnt even allow it - they should remove that and then sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

yeah its a bit mad with the pricing on the inventory page, there is a white dual motor with EAP & 18" aeros that is more expensive than the Black M3P I picked up in Dec 21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

I mentioned some time ago that I picked some stonechips on the rear door frame, which was disappointing seen as I did the right thing and applied the Tesla Paint Protection Film right after the delivery of the car last year. However, the OEM film doesn't make it right at the door aperture as seen here and 40k on the Irish roads have caused some damage.

I bought some stuff from Amazon to fix it:

and

I painted over the craters after which I applied the pearlescent clear coat liberally over the affected area. As you can see I didn't appear to do a great job at the first glance:

However, the paint soon shrank as it cured and the craters pretty much disappeared from the view.

The 3m protective tape was a bit too wide so I cut about 1/3 off he width and applied the tape as close as possible next to the older PPF. I found the product really easy to apply and it was extremely sticky and malleable.

The end result looks almost perfectly invisible next to the slightly deteriorated PPF:

You can still spot the painted area, as you can see, but no more worry that the area might begin to rust in the future. Definitely worth doing the same if you have picked up any damage in the area.

This rear door frame and lower sill area seems to be the only area in the car that needs protection: I haven't found any damage elsewhere apart from two small chips on bumper and bonnet which I also touched up.

I’d love to get full PPF but it’s a ridiculously high price if professionally installed. I understand the places offering PPF have relatively high outlay costs between training, vinyl cutter and the relevant software, but charging such high prices is a real turn off for a semi-permanent product. If they charged less, the demand would be far higher.

Stay Free

• Advertisement

Tell the installers to tell their suppliers to charge less for training, machinery and software.

Check out Flawless Detailing in finglas. Padraic has 2 options. The full job or the exposed parts.

If you plan to keep your car and do high motorway mileage then it’s a no brainer.

I dont do major mileage but do plan to keep the car for years. I was considering flawless for ceramic. What am I looking at for part or full PPF from them? PM me if you can't post here

Stay Free

My friend got front bumper ppf and double ceramic the rest for 500 a few months ago which i thought was decent.

If I was gonna do the full car I'd prob just go for a full wrap in a different color.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

There was a fabulous new Blue/White Performance at Sandyford this afternoon. Still with wrapping, no plates. Looked smashing in the sunlight, the lads were out admiring it, hope some lucky new owner here..

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

Has anyone been having trouble with Spotify lately? I'm on 2022.20.8 and Spotify will randomly stop working. It will say that I'm not logged in, searching for a song will omit Spotify from the results and if I already have an artist's page open when it decides to stop working, selecting anything will just leave me on a loading screen. The only thing that fixes it is rebooting the display.

I am just wondering if this is a bug with the software overall or just for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I've seen a bit of a bug where Spotify will just not load on cartoon occasions.

I find that selecting a different audio source (radio/Bluetooth/TuneIn etc..) and then going straight back to Spotify usually sorts it…. Gives it a sort of restart….

So let's talk Paint Pretection Film or PPF for short. 

I hope this post is informative for anyone interested or who have any questions regarding paint protection film. 

My business Flawless Detailing is primarily ppf now and Tesla make up over 60% of my annual cars to recieve it. 

We specifically use XPEL ppf. And are certified Installers. We were the first company in Ireland to start installing PPF and are paving the way in this new era of invisible protection for your car. 

I'm here to answer any questions or queries you may have about it. 

So let me cover the basics first... 

What is PPF ?

•ppf is a polyurethane multi layer clear film that is specifically designed to protect your cars paint from Stone chips and abrasions. The fact it actually self heals, too is amazing. It will self heal from rubs, scratches from wash marks, and even wire brush marks. Now it won't self heal from perforations, ie: if it's ripped through the top layer, it won't self heal. But I've personally seen ppf'd cars get rubbed against by other cars and bikes etc and have the film stay in tact and the paint underneath undamaged. In this scenario we offer replacement sections where we can replace the damaged part. Keeping your paintwork Flawess 😉

Is it visible and will it make my paint look worse/better ? 

• If anything, it will make your car look better ! Ppf is barely visible. And by visible I mean if you put your face 9" away from the paint you might see an edge. If your car isint brand new it would benefit from a machine polish to ensure the non ppf'd areas look as good as the area that has film on it. 

How long dose it last/warranty ? 

• 10 years !! XPEL warranty for yellowing, cracking splitting and deterioration of the ppf in a 10 year period is covered. Also, not to mention, I will personally oversee any car like its my own personal business card. 

How dose it go on, how is it cut ? 

• We use XPEL's design access programme where professional designers have created the perfect templates to fit your car perfectly. We then buy rolls of film and cut the precision cut templates out in house. And fit them to your car, edited to give and even better fit we can personally customise for your vehicle creating and invisible Flawless finish. 

What are the packages available/recommended ? 

•High impact package: rear lower door and sill; the most common damaged area and Tesla sell this kit on their site. But our kit is bigger, covers more area, and wraps around the door edge and into to the door jams. Luggage area to protect from marks and scrapes that happen in the entry into the boot. 

• Standard coverage: Bonnet, wings, front bumper and wing mirrors. 

•Performance: Bonnet, wings, front bumper, wing mirrors, luggage area, A-Pillars, side skirts and lower doors. And also behind the rear wheels. 

•Complete coverage. We cover every external panel. 

For the ultimate Flawless Finish we would always recommend Complete coverage. 

Can you ceramic coat on top of PPF ? 

•Yes you can, but it's recommended to use XPEL Fusion Ceramic Coating to ensure the warranty is kept. Coating your PPF will help keep the maintenance of the coating easier and keep your car cleaner for longer. 

What's the physical difference between a ceramic coating, Vinyl and PPF. 

• Ceramic coatings. Ok so cermaic coatings are amazing, but only as a maintenance product. In regard to Protection, they do very little to protect paint. The thickness of the ceramic coatings we apply (which would be rated as some of the best on the planet) would be 14-18 microns. (There's 1,000 microns in a millimeter)

•Vinyl wrap. This is a solid product that is stretched and adheres to ths paint generally to change colour and is 400microns thick. So it effectively bonds to the paint. In regard to protection as a solid product it's protection in regard to chips and abrasions will definately help, but is not very effective what so ever. 

•PPF. This is a multi layer polyurethane flexible film that adheres to your paintwork. It's 800 microns thick so double the thickness of Vinyl. And the top layer is a self leveling, self healing layer that can self realign from minor scratches and scrapes. 

The above is from Padraic himself on the Tesla Group.

Some pricing is below but bear in mind this was posted a few months back so pricing may be different.

Right so... 

Costs are of the following ... 

● Standard Coverage €1,694.55 inc vat 2 days. 

● Performance Package coverage €2,299.51 inc vat 4 days.

● Total surface protection: €5,988.26 7-8 days.

As ppf prices are predicated from a system, prices are fairly set solid on ppf. BUT I'd be happy to offer free extras to those of the group here. 

So with the standard Package. You will get the lower rear door and quarter impact area complimentary worth €80. 

With the performance package, a free luggage area worth €140. 

With complete coverage you will recieve complimentary Fusion Ceramic Coating on the entire vehicle worth €400.

All for the model 3. X & S are priced differently and would have to be quoted separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

I used to do that when it wouldn't work, but the error I'm experiencing now is completely different. Switching sources doesn't work at all.

I forgot to mention in my original post that when it stops working it acts like I'm signed out, after I reboot I'm signed in again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 myszonutd

I'm taking delivery of my Model 3 late September, I'd love to get this done to my car around November.

I was thinking of getting paint correction, standard coverage with high impact package and ceramic coating. I would also like to to replace my tesla badges to black ones and I purchased rear boot spoiler like the performance model, do you install those as well?

Would you be able to tell me roughly how much that would cost me so I can start saving ☺️

Advertisement