Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ukraine (Mod Note & Threadbanned Users in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭fash

Correct: find another vehicle besides the 9P129 with those 2 indentations in that pattern followed by the large grille on the driver's side/road side (& of course, unlike the vehicles you've referenced, it obviously needs to match the bulk of the 9P129).

I'll be waiting for your response.

Edit: and for bonus points, the vehicle needs to have the same rear end too - as seen here at 27 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭bobowen

I think you are not understanding what I'm trying to say to you.

I've showed you a picture of the transporter that is SOMETIMES used to transport and launch Tochka U missiles. Its called a 9T218 tactical transloader.

My point is that your video at second 28 shows no Tochka U missile on the transporter. All you have is a video of a 9T218 driving along a highway.

I then posted photo's of the 9T218 transporting other military equipment like radars and crates. Proving that they are not only used for launching the Tochka U. Therefore your video is not proof of Russians transporting Tochka U missiles but merely a video of a 9T218 driving down a highway.

Do you understand?

I'll be waiting for your response.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

But you haven't proved there was no tochkas on the launcher .

And you haven't proved that there was. If you claim that something is true you must prove it.

Its like asking me to prove that God doesn't exist.

You made the claim,

But yet haven't provided any evidence to prove your claims.

Can you prove there was no tochkas on the launchers .

No .

• Advertisement

You seem to be trying to cause a distraction here from our main argument.

I didn't make the claim. Someone posted a video on Twitter CLAIMING that Russians are transporting Tochka U missiles. That CLAIM was used by Fash to prove that the Russians were using Tochka U's around the time of the Kramatorsk bombing.

The video shows no such thing. Therefore the twitter video and Fash's claims are unproven. The onus of proof is on the person making the claim.

But you cannot prove otherwise ,

Googling Russian military transporters anyone can do that ,

,it doesn't mean you actually have any real knowledge on the subject.

1. The vehicle pictured in the video clip is not a 9T218 transportation loader - which, amongst other differing features, doesn't have the 2 indents over the drive side front wheel, has different windows to the side by the driver, has an entirely different rear end and is a lower vehicle.

Here is the 9T218:

The vehicle in the clip at 28 seconds is the 9P129 launcher unit.

2. Both the 9P129 and the 9T218 transporter loader are for carrying and launching Tochka-U rockets (the rockets one can see in the trucks in the video clip). They aren't used for joy-riding, going for trips to the super market or other purposes.

Edit: here is a picture of the 9T218 in front of a 9P129. Spot the differences on the rear of the vehicles. Also have a guess at what these, the Tochka-U transport loader and Tochka-U launch vehicle, are carrying (hint, it's the big thing that looks like a rocket):

Post edited by fash on

His argument is that "who knows what could be inside the convoy of 8 Russian V-marked 9P129 Tochka-U launch vehicles together with multiple KamAZ trucks carrying rocket pods in the rear traveling back from the Kyivan front through Belarus in March 2022: it might be Tochka-U rockets, it might be Christmas presents from Santa".

I had a feeling ,

Another but ,but ,but type poster

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

They were carrying 'Christmas presents from Santa' that they stole from Ukrainian homes, including cutlery, washing machines, TVs, computers, etc. Or at least some of the burnt out Russian vehicles were found to contain such loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,529 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Apparently Ukraine are asking journalists and people on social media not to post any information about the (presumed) counter attack - no details or place names or anything that might help the Russians. This media blackout probably explains why we have heard very little about what is going on or what progress has or hasn't been made today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭jmreire

When the Taliban controlled Afghanistan before sept 11, why did they not use the billions they were making from drugs and diamond sales to improve the lot if Afghans? And yes they were making millions. I remember when Mullah Omar forbade the sale of opium from the poppy fields for awhile, until the scarcity drove prices sky high, then he allowed it to be harvested and sold again at the higher prices. Do you think that the ordinary Afghans benefitted from this "Business Enterprise"? And what makes you think that now it will be different? The Taliban have an army to support as well, and that will be their priority, otherwise they will lose their support.

They also claim that there were no drone strikes in afghanistan because trump was president. So its a case of schrodinger's drone strikes

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

I've learned to close down any page where that invidious prattle about ''false flags'' rears its head. Whether Moscow, Moscow apologists or Alex Jones its a particularly pathetic and desperate kind of trick used when defending the indefensible runs out of steam.

Looks like Zelensky doesn't agree with the above statement about his country being a rump state ......

There's been a suggestion of a possibility of Ukraine taking 20,000 russian POWs in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

There are those who would claim that at least the Taliban brought order to Afghanistan (even it can't bring law, administration, education and a functioning economy). It seems that they can't even bring that , considering the bombings and the unceasing struggle against IS.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,529 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Something big is definitely going down around Kherson. We haven't seen a Ukrainian media blackout to this degree for months, perhaps at all during this entire war.

Yes they did, They managed to stop the warlords fighting, which was destroying what was left of the Country after the Russians had finished with it. And indeed, in the beginning they were welcomed. But then that quickly changed when their brutal version of Islam took over. As one Afghan said to me " Why are they claiming they are bringing the real Islam to Afghanistan? We Afghans have always been for Allah?" And that was the sentiment, and when the Taliban was forced out after Sept11, many were killed in revenge for what they had done while in power. They did nothing good for the people, and neither will they now. As for isis, and their tactics, these self same tactics were used by the Taliban to prevent the US from helping Afghanistan become a successful independent Country. Now they are a thorn in the Taliban side, who even armed to the teeth with the best US weaponry are unable to eradicate them. Meanwhile, poor Afghanistan suffers all over again.

Yes, from the 7 billion the US are holding belonging to Afghanistan, Biden has said that 50% has been freed up for humanitarian aid to Afghanistan, and the balance is being held pending legal action by families due to Sept 11. If the Taliban had control over this money, where would it be by now?? And it is being handed over ($204 million in march) but not to the Taliban, but to reputable organizations who over see its expenditure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

So they're only stealing half so its ok?

I think its pretty despicable behaviour but nonetheless, its irrelevant to the topic at hand and trying to handwave away Russian atrocities by saying "America did XYZ" is transparent whataboutery.

According to morgue data alone 87k of 450k civilians in Mariupol exterminated by the Russians - excludes those not yet found/buried under rubble/cremated by the Russians/taken away by the Russians and executed elsewhere etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Sorry I wasnt around yesterday:

1. Afghanistan is not on topic;

2. If you assert something, you should provide evidence for it and engage meaningfully. Dont assert something, then demand others to disprove it, then change the goalposts of what you are looking for.

Yes, I agree that its just another example of "Whataboutery". but as for they are only stealing half of the 7 billion, I'd imagine that that 7 billion came originally from the trillions the US spent in Afghanistan, but that's beside the point, it was earned income, regardless of the source, and I agree that it should be handed back to Afghanistan but under absolutely no circumstances back to the Taleban..No way !!

They have also started to demolish buildings that contain bodies from missles strikes and other weapons to cover up any evidence against themselves

"They aren't used for joy-riding, going for trips to the super market or other purposes."

Here you go Princess. A photo with your exact specifications including your beloved indents and even one with a driver side angle being used for a trip to the supermarket or maybe other purposes. The one below is also a BAZ-5921 fitted out with something other than a Tochka U.

Wrong on both:

The first doesn't have 2 over driver/road side wheel indents; nor does it have correct 9P129 rear end - as seen in the video clip (look at the sections at the wheel wells).

The second one doesn't show either of these details, but doesn't look like a 9P129 as e.g. the non-road/driver side on the 9P129 would only have 1 indent (plus 4 protruding circles).

This is getting kinda pathetic at this point- I was expecting at least some effort after you took so much time to respond - and you haven't even started on the list of confirmations from DPR / Strelkov /various Russians on their use of Tochka-U rockets yet.

• Advertisement

Advertisement