Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

she has never claimed she hates everything the RF stands for, but has stated that the institution has issues which it does.

she has the title so may as well use it for all she can.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I've read before that they'll all be terribly busy when the whingers are here.

Unfortunate timing no doubt ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I just read that interview and I have to say it makes her even more unlikeable. She’s got something wrong with her, she really does.

According to Meghan the British press were calling her children the N word, she and Harry were upsetting the monarchy by simply existing, and lots of other royals got the part time royals gig that Harry and Meghan didn’t get because she’s black.

She also refers to herself as a princess 😂

Shes off with the fairies.

oh yeah, she also referred to herself and Harry as salt and pepper (because they go everywhere together). Would that not be a terrible racial slur if anyone else had said it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

“I think forgiveness is really important. It takes a lot more energy to not forgive,” she says wisely. “But it takes a lot of effort to forgive. I’ve really made an active effort, especially knowing that I can say anything,”

Her father is ''her own/private'' thing but it is the Royals who need to go and grovel. It's a threat but it's a deluded one based on attention seeking/future faking "I know things, terrible things that would shock you!" tactics. This is someone who inferred that her child could have been killed in a fire despite the fact that he wasn't even in the room when a heater started smoking. I'm sure any genuine dirt Meghan could dig up would be similarly embellished for effect.

The absolute desperation here is to get any kind of reaction at all from the Royals. The never complain-never explain concept still hasn't sunk in. For those calling for their titles then it's clear the Royals are playing the long game here. They will never debase themselves to engage in a tit for tat which the press would only love. The rolling with a pig in the dirt idiom applies. Meghan would love it. They masterfully showed Meghan and Harry their place at the Jubilee i.e. they genuinely are Second Row non-entities in the scheme of things. The rage must be palpable as well as the sense of caveat emptor with those who prematurely signed them up. There is also a cloying sense of the author using a deliberate style to take the piss out of Meghan in the article. The Royals have effectively employed the best tactic to handle deluded non-entities like them i.e. ignore them completely and utterly. What Harry and Meghan must be failing to grasp is that no matter what they say whether it be genuinely truthful or complete and utter bollox is that a simple variation of the succient "recollections may vary" will suffice to box them into a corner they've cultivated all by themselves with a reputation of being, shall we say, loose with the truth. Boy who cried Wolf territory from here on. Now if only the press employed the Royal strategy too and simply stopped covering them, giving them mileage. It must be hard because, with ridiculous articles like this and more podcasts to come to fulfill contractual obligations, we'll be seeing these numpties for a while yet. Equally it must be difficult for the Royals to keep schtum and there must be a temptation to give Meghan (and Harry) both barrels. In saying that it's actually a great insight into how inappropriate they both were for such a life of service. They're the only ones moaning here. The lack of fightback along with restraint indicates that the senior royals have the right stuff for the gig they participate in. A paper thin egotistical narcissist like Meghan would never have lasted long despite the self-aggrandising "hitting the ground runming" guff. She lasted 18 months of which 72 days comprised of actual work.

They felt suffocated and, bizarrely, were even allowed to leave. They wanted to retain a link and were told to basically f*ck off out of it. This obsession with clapping back will prolong the media coverage as well. They claim to have moved on so it actually beggars the question...will they ever just get on with it?

Post edited by valoren on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Gradually they are going to isolate everyone they associate with.

Like, I'd imagine they're not on the Beckhams Christmas card list anymore after it was publicised that M suspected them of leaking to the press.

The more they try to play the victim the more people will be wary to be associated with them.

They've thrown so many people under a bus, very soon they will have zero allies.

And if their marriage breaks up, then they will have absolutely nobody to run to as individuals.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Blaming everyone else but themselves again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It's literally a quote from her and can't really be interpreted the way they are now claiming it should be. So she is throwing the journalist who wrote the article under the bus now? I see a clear pattern of behaviour emerging here lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Oh I don't like her don't get me wrong but my post was not about her. So it's okay to go low because Meghan does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

No, people were discussing their habit of outshining other people's days. It was nothing low in it. It was stating facts. And her recent interview just before 25th anniversary of Diana's accident was another low act of her, which people rightly predicted... What is low in it?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

That's what Meghan does - and now it appears that Harry does as well. He's already ditched his lifelong friends - Meghan didn't like them after the first meeting and they weren't invited to the wedding. There's a few who've actually publicly criticised Harry for certain things as well. But you can assume that all that elite class know well what side their bread is buttered on and that openly siding with Harry and Meghan will just ensure that their invites to prestigious events dry up. Obama didn't invite them to his massive birthday bash, that will have been a big blow to their networking ambitions. No surprise given Michelle and Barack reportedly hit it off with the Queen, hung out in Kensington with William and Kate (and Harry at the time) If I were to guess, I would say that the palace have made it subtly known that anyone who sides with them, will be edged out of the elite circle.

Ordinary celebrities that aren't getting dumped by Meghan and Harry, are actually distancing themselves -probably for fear that it'll be their dirty washing aired by them the next time. They were grand with people suspecting Philip as the family racist - knowing he was dying, and knowing how much that would hurt the grandmother they supposedly adore and want to protect. And if they do it to immediate family, they can do it to anyone.

ive no problem if they “move on” - it’s their continual whining and mud slinging that’s getting painful to watch - and it certainly brings them down in the eyes of the public- they continually shoot themselves in the foot by what they say and what they do- they’re beyond pathetic at this stage

The long game for celebrities is keeping in with the Cambridge’s- they after all are the future king and queen- that’s why celebrities will freeze out Harry and Megan -why settle for burgers when you can have steak ? 😂

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I just read that Cut interview.

The pictures are gorgeous but the fawning of the author was making my teeth itch. So many inconsistencies still being trotted out as fact. Edit: I've re-read it and it's actually quite clever - enough faux fawning over MM that she would love, but you do come away with a sense of MM over egging the narrative, and that the author came away not her biggest fan...

There's no recognition of the irony of her saying that in the UK she would get papped on the school run (funny, the cambridges have done it for years now and not had any issue - because of the laws in the UK preventing it) whereas she can do the school run in peace in the US without journalists hounding her. Saying that to a journalist, riding shotgun at her invitation.

For someone who was a working royal for only 72 days, who was delighted to leave almost three years ago there's an incredible amount of anger still palpable there.

Post edited by Neyite on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I read it last night. Tbh some of it read like a p1ss take to me, intentionally or otherwise. 😁

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Stole this from elsewhere - in response to her comments about not being able to take the child to school in peace, had they stayed in the UK. 😁

it would depend on the context in which it was used.

there is no doubt certain elements of the press were ultra-racist, and they wouldn't have needed to specifically use the n word out straight (even they wouldn't be that stupid) to actually refer to someone as one.

suttlety is the key for particular news papers, just say enough to get the message across without using particular words outright.

so i could believe she is correct in her claim about elements of the british press suttly referring to the children as the n word because they are proven racist enough.

she is a princess in name in fairness, the same as kate will be queen in name, it's not that big of a deal really.

i would imagine she was talking about the hanger on elements of the royals who would have had a problem with them existing, that is quite likely very true as stuck in the mud traditionalists and modernists aren#t going to be able to work together in an institution like that.

the reality is, that outside the royal cultists and a few on this website, plenty know that what the non-narcissist who has been shown not to be one is saying is more likely to have some truth to it then not.

the senior royals not fighting back only really works for the fans, for everyone else it means nothing and the truth is whether they say nothing or fight back, the royal family only have the good will they currently have due to the queen and once she passes on a lot of that good will from people who generally aren't specifiically fans of the monarchy will be gone and nothing the senior royals do will work against the revelations H&M may reveal.

M&H's revelations are going to get through drip by drip because there is more truth to them then not, just look at william's trip to common wealth nations recently, it went down like a lead balloon, whereas if M&H made that trip there is no doubt it would have went well.

both of them are and were appropriate for servitude in the modern world, there is no doubt of that because their modern outlook is in tune with the modern world. the queen can be as she is because that is how she has always been so people will let live, but once she passes and even once charles passes the RF will be expected to modernise beyond all recognition.

they weren't shown their place at the jubbly either, that was just a fantasy of the press, we know they did speak to many there and realistically given they stepped back they would have wanted to be in the back ground anyway.

in the eyes of some of the public, not the public as that would be suggesting everyone sees things in the same light which is far from true.

only a tiny minority in this country care and only the fans are upset by her in the UK.

• Advertisement

the thing is that the camebridges aren't stake themselves but are just as much burgers as H&M dspite being the future monarchs because they won't have anywhere near the same respect as the queen has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

ok, I know you’re here just arguing for the sake of arguing - but I challenge anyone anywhere to produce an article which comes anywhere close to using the N-word regarding Meghan kids.

You won’t, no-one will - because it doesn’t exist.

She is a liar, plain and simple. I know people like her, who exaggerate grossly to the point of a lie whilst on some level believing it to be true, or at least feel justified in doing so. It’s a part of narcissism.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Someone needs to tell them two things..

1. P1ss or get off of the pot.

...if not...

2. Build a bridge and get over it.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Eeeeehhh, part of your whole story line in suits is about you dating a white guy.

I'm going to leave this behind and move on, BUT I'll talk about it endlessly.

I'm going to interview these amazing, successful women, BUT I'll talk about myself endlessly.

The RF family is stifling, BUT I'll keep my title (and would have gladly kept the benefits if allowed).

Yep, that'll show 'em.

There's not a single newspaper that used the N-word or even close. If any did, she'd have sued them for all their worth. She's sued them for far, far less. It's probably true that plenty on social media were horribly racist towards her. But they aren't the press or the media.

The problem is that Meghan infers that anyone that's in any way critical of what she does must be a racist. Any backlash against her is because of racism. She got special treatment and the queen's most experienced courtier assigned to her that all other women marrying into the royal family never had. They tried to advise her on royal protocol but she deliberately ignored them, and when she fcuked up, she cried racism. Archie's lack of title is racism.

Funny that she married probably the second worst racist of the lot of them then.

Well that's definitely proof of narcissism! Equally bizarre and insulting.

South Africans who worked on the 2019 Lion King... Cast members specifically there seems to be just one that probably would have been at the premier - John Kani.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

She equated her wedding being celebrated in South Africa as similar to celebrations when Mandela was released. However she is not narcissistic. GTFO.

Advertisement